SportsWrath

Sound the horn

Gspotter

if we pick up Joe Horn, does that help us? Is it too late in the season for him to pick up the offense.

Is he just an older Amani Toomer?

the dog's not sure if a guy that has been out of the game this season (and based on his results last year, one could argue he was more or less out of the game last season as well) would have any positive value...

Sources: New York Giants sign LB Harris, not Horn

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Wednesday December 17, 2008, 12:19 PM

12:52 p.m. UPDATE I've been told by Horn's agent, Ralph Vitolo, his client is headed home to Atlanta. He definitely will not sign with the Giants, who had concerns about the 36-year-old veteran's explosiveness.

In addition to WR Joe Horn, the Giants also worked out the following free-agent LBs today: Nate Harris, Matt Chatham, Rich Scanlon and Edmund Miles.

According to a source who requested anonymity, Horn won't sign with the Giants. I've been told they signed Harris but haven't gotten that confirmed yet. Harris played at Louisville and spent last season with Kansas City.

Scanlon, by the way, is a Bergen Catholic grad. No word on whichever player will be cut or IR'd to make room for Harris - if indeed he has been signed.

RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) said today he tried to lobby the trainers to allow him to play last week but it didn't happen. Jacobs said his knee was no worse than it's been at any point since he first suffered his injury in Week 5 against the Seahawks. Jacobs will practice today, and that was news to him when reporters told him that's what Tom Coughlin has said during his press conference.

"There it is - I'm going to practice today," Jacobs said. "That's exciting news."

WR Derek Hagan will wear No. 80, making him the first Giant to have that number since Jeremy Shockey.

MG

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/12...r_adj.html#more

Oh well, Horn was a name without fame and wouldn't have been much help to us anyway. We already have an aging and slow player on our WR core, but he's still quite capable in Madden.

I sense a great distburbance in the force....and it won't be gone anytime soon.

See what happens when you go Adolph on our best receiver? No suspension for 1,2 or 3 games... permanent suspension, get away from the stadium blah blah blah, well now look at us... Joe Horn? The last time we did something like this was with Herman Moore... This signals trouble and desperation... I don't like it

Someone wrote Art Monk, did he ever play for us? i don't believe so, but that would be way I didn't track this after the Herman Moore reference...he was an unfortunate miss on EA's part

Nah, I was just messing around....First name that popped in my head that played the same time Moore did.

Yeah, after that cell phone stunt from under the goal post, fuck him. :brooding:

Not just that.. I'm not interested in band-aids. Quite frankly, no one anticipated Plax acting like T.O... or worse. But on the other hand, our FO should've addressed our WR and LB positions a little better.

You know, this guy might just be available. He's got a lot of.....what's that they call it......oh yeah, UPSIDE.

001084523.jpg

speaking of dixon there was a back to back KO returns for td's in the oakland game this past weekend. first time i had heard of that since the dixon/jermaine lewis one

:clap:

:LMAO:

Let's hope that this is not true. Playing arguably the hottest team in the NFC for the number one seed and they need to call in a has been to MOTIVATE Hixon not to drop the ball, and Smith to make a big play.

I guess the economy must be taking its toll on the Giants because I thought they printed up fancy T-shirts when they needed motivation... :LMAO:

Let's hope that this is not true. Playing arguably the hottest team in the NFC for the number one seed and they need to call in a has been to MOTIVATE Hixon not to drop the ball, and Smith to make a big play.

I guess the economy must be taking its toll on the Giants because I thought they printed up fancy T-shirts when they needed motivation... :LMAO:

Terrell Owens......NEXT!!!!