SportsWrath

Sound the horn

Gspotter

Considering Hixon and Moss are both ailing, I think we are in dire need of a WR helping hand; we should have signed Horn.

Absolutely not, the guy is done. Why do you think he's out of the league. He's was done one year after ending up in Atlanta.

The Giants were going to put NFC championship tickets on the players lockers as motivation, however that tactic has been played out and proven that it doesn't work.

Thank you to the Pioneer Jerry Jones, for that bit of history that we can all learn from! lol

Let's hope that this is not true. Playing arguably the hottest team in the NFC for the number one seed and they need to call in a has been to MOTIVATE Hixon not to drop the ball, and Smith to make a big play.

I guess the economy must be taking its toll on the Giants because I thought they printed up fancy T-shirts when they needed motivation... :LMAO:

Like this one?

p4472592dt.jpg

Horn Thinks Giants Were Never Really Interested in Him

Posted by Matt Loede on December 18th, 2008 filed in News

Veteran receiver Joe Horn, who worked out for the Giants on Wednesday but didn’t sign a contract, has an opinion about the team’s interest in him.

And, as usual, Horn wasn’t bashful about sharing it.

Horn said on Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show that he thinks the Giants flirted with him in order to motivate the other receivers on the roster.

“I was told to pack my clothes because I may be staying,” Horn said. “I had a great workout, I thought, I ran crisp routes and didn’t drop any balls and I did what I was asked to do. It seemed like the coaches liked it, however, before I could step in the locker room I had an itinerary with my flight back to Atlanta.

“The opportunity was there, I appreciate the organization and Coach Coughlin for giving me the opportunity, but honestly I kind of felt like I was brought into give those young guys a spark to say, ‘Hey I know you’ve got a job but you can be replaced.’ So I think it kind of boosted and gave those young guys a spark to let them know that Joe Horn was there and their playing time could be taken if they don’t get their act together. . . .

“I can still play, I felt good running the routes, but it was kind of shocking to me why . . . I was asking my agent why would I come in on a Wednesday and be getting prepared to play on a Sunday Night against the Panthers? For the first 10 weeks I didn’t foresee that happening. But I took the trip, got on a plane, bumpy flight and all, I hate flying but I did it because of the opportunity and like I said my reason was to play for a Super Bowl contender and the Giants called.”

Horn was released by the Falcons prior to the season, but he also had a guaranteed base salary from the team in the amount of $2.5 million. He has received little or no interest since being cut.

considering the performance of our WR core, I wouldn't be so hasty. No, I don't think Joe Horn is any kind of answer. I also didn't think he was that great before, but Hixon can't catch over the shoulder and the only fast thing about Moss is his brother.

Beyond that we have Steve Smith for short yardage and Boss for red zone...why worry?