SportsWrath

Jacobs will be a NY Giant in 2009!

Allstarjim

LINK

I think this is wise by the Giants. I know there are downsides to this (he will want top dollar, durability concerns) but Jacobs is the most intimidating back in the NFL. As Money said, he is the most inimitable resource we have. He literally changes the complexion of our offense and how teams gameplan against us, and they still can't stop him. Plus we will still have Bradshaw and a good looking young player with Ware. I've always thought that Jacobs is the identity of this team, and it should stay that way. Without him, our rushing attack is a lot less ineffective and a lot more like other teams'. We will get a taste today of what our offense would've looked like had the Giants decided to let Jacobs walk.

I really thought this topic would garner more discussion. I for one am ecstatic that they view Jacobs like I do, as a critical component to continued success.

Speaking of 2009... what could be better than the Giants of 2008? Next year's team! I just keep daydreaming about Osi coming back to this defense and how good they are really going to be. I also think Phillips is going to be the full-time starter and he will start getting Pro Bowl consideration, that guy can flat out play football.

LINK

I think this is wise by the Giants. I know there are downsides to this (he will want top dollar, durability concerns) but Jacobs is the most intimidating back in the NFL. As Money said, he is the most inimitable resource we have. He literally changes the complexion of our offense and how teams gameplan against us, and they still can't stop him. Plus we will still have Bradshaw and a good looking young player with Ware. I've always thought that Jacobs is the identity of this team, and it should stay that way. Without him, our rushing attack is a lot less ineffective and a lot more like other teams'. We will get a taste today of what our offense would've looked like had the Giants decided to let Jacobs walk.

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention he went into this season with the right attitude. The kid (big baby) is unstoppable.. especially now that he learned to lower his shoulder and run over people.. and even avoid them all together. All in all it's a no-brainer but BJ has to understand that he's what he's partly because those 2 running backs behind him finish off defenses.. so he stays fresh for the entire season... and the long haul. In other words, BJ's body is more likely to break down and suffer more injuries if he was to carry the full load.

I really thought this topic would garner more discussion. I for one am ecstatic that they view Jacobs like I do, as a critical component to continued success.

Speaking of 2009... what could be better than the Giants of 2008? Next year's team! I just keep daydreaming about Osi coming back to this defense and how good they are really going to be. I also think Phillips is going to be the full-time starter and he will start getting Pro Bowl consideration, that guy can flat out play football.

Threre's a lot to be optimistic about. Our FO has managed to draft pretty good players. Don't forget about our draft picks in this upcoming draft and the fact that we have Ware and Manningham who are in the farm. I don't want to jinx us or look that far ahead... I'm only focused on the Redskins now.

Threre's a lot to be optimistic about. Our FO has managed to draft pretty good players. Don't forget about our draft picks in this upcoming draft and the fact that we have Ware and Manningham who are in the farm. I don't want to jinx us or look that far ahead... I'm only focused on the Redskins now.

I think it's okay to look ahead when you have something worthwhile to look ahead to, and in terms of drafting, we've a lot to look forward to. 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounders, an extra 5th. We're going to get some real solid players next year.

The backbone of the team is as solid as it's ever been, even if this team didn't win the whole thing this year, the future is extremely bright.

I hate letting ward go too though...we have the right chemistry and that #34 runs his ass off. I suppose this is where you just have to let go and not hold onto everyone.

I like Bradshawb but he's just a more succesful Delvin Joyce. Ward has dragged some people around now, so i like his moxie.

Oh well, at least we'll have B Jake. I'd franchise him another year and then maybe let him go...he won't have too many years with those legs taking the beating they have....not too many so after next year, he'll have hit 3 and that's about the league average.

I hate letting ward go too though...we have the right chemistry and that #34 runs his ass off. I suppose this is where you just have to let go and not hold onto everyone.

I like Bradshawb but he's just a more succesful Delvin Joyce. Ward has dragged some people around now, so i like his moxie.

Oh well, at least we'll have B Jake. I'd franchise him another year and then maybe let him go...he won't have too many years with those legs taking the beating they have....not too many so after next year, he'll have hit 3 and that's about the league average.

I think the Giants are the best team for him. He only plays half of the game which should prolong his career.

He's going to be very pricy too.

Of course. Taking a complete shot in the dark here, but some based on CB contract pay from last year, I'm thinking anywhere in the 5 to 6 year range, and 26-33 million for Webster? That sound about right to anyone? I think this is the max offer he would get from anyone.

What's up with Manningham anyway? Not a good sign when Moss gets on the field ahead of you.

Based on Plax's hours on the job, I highly doubt he will be a Giant next season.. unless he plays lights out but even that may not save. If you guys have detected a patter with Reese you will see that he doesn't like injury prone players. SHock and Luke P come to mind.