SportsWrath

Giants re-sign Tim Carter

Money

Great move...I was hoping they would re-sign Carter. He may have only caught 10 balls last year, but 9 of those balls went for first downs, and is there anyone else on the team who runs the end-around any better? He dropped a couple balls last year, but who didn't? Carter was also a big reason why we beat Dallas at home last year.

Edited by Barens

For that price, why not? I still leave out a little bit of hope that he could finally live up to his expectations this season so I want to see how he responds. Maybe the faith that we put into him for re-siginging him will motivate him to have a great season.

He's probly my favorite reciever. I hope he gets thrown to more so he can prove he doesn't have as terrible hand s as everyone thinks.

The only thing i can't stnad is when he gets a reverse play, he has a good whole then he gets tripped up for only 2 yards, EVERY FUCKIN TIME

But im happy he's back

Im glad to see Carter signed mainly because there is nobody else in the FA market I would have wanted. But I do think Carter has a ton of potential and is a perfect fit for this offense. Yea he has injury problems but if this guy is on the field he is a legitiment threat because of his speed. I still think its possible we draft a player at some point in this draft and carry 6 wide outs once again.

McCaffrey, Jurevicious, Patten, for that price might as well take a chance that a #3 we draft becomes a good player with us for once. His speed is fantastic and if nothing else lets hope that this year he proved he can stay healthy and next year he proves he can do something while on the field.

51258059_10.jpg

He's probly my favorite reciever. I hope he gets thrown to more so he can prove he doesn't have as terrible hand s as everyone thinks.

The only thing i can't stnad is when he gets a reverse play, he has a good whole then he gets tripped up for only 2 yards, EVERY FUCKIN TIME

But im happy he's back

Apparently you and Barens are watching different games!

Apparently you and Barens are watching different games!

Well, he ran for an average of 7.7 yards per carry on those end-arounds, and that's better than the great Antwaan Randle El, and it's much better than any other receiver on our roster can accomplish.

Well, he ran for an average of 7.7 yards per carry on those end-arounds, and that's better than the great Antwaan Randle El, and it's much better than any other receiver on our roster can accomplish.

He must have had one good run, because I distinctly remember him dancing behind the line at least twice.

When I think about end arounds, I think about the foolish decision to have Tyree run it instead of Carter in the Chargers game. He had so much room and he botched the handoff from Eli where he could've run so far. I have faith that if we had Carter in that play he was off to the races and would've held on to the ball.

Guest nosebleed
Am I missing something? How many games has this guy played for us? If he's not on the field, any contract is too much. He played 15 games or so last season, but before then, the only speed he's shown is getting to the IR.

You are exactly right. What the hell is the big deal about resigning this waste of space??? He does one thing, get hurt very easily. In fact, he will have some sort of ailment two weeks into camp. Get the trainer's table ready, Mr. Injury will return!!!!

McCaffrey, Jurevicious, Patten, for that price might as well take a chance that a #3 we draft becomes a good player with us for once. His speed is fantastic and if nothing else lets hope that this year he proved he can stay healthy and next year he proves he can do something while on the field.

51258059_10.jpg

Damn Carter has ripped arms...that just goes to show you what a pure athlete he is to have muscle mass like that and weigh 202 pounds

Guest Lockhart
Apparently his hands are ripped, too. Which would explain why he can't catch.

considering the price, why not re-sign him but Carter is injureed more than Shockey or Arrington - and that is saying something.

You are exactly right. What the hell is the big deal about resigning this waste of space??? He does one thing, get hurt very easily. In fact, he will have some sort of ailment two weeks into camp. Get the trainer's table ready, Mr. Injury will return!!!!

I'm just worried that if we find a rookie WR with some potential but not ready for prime time somewhere in the draft or as an UDFA, that they get rid of him for this stiff. Carter had what? Three concussions in 2003? How many more before he has to call it a career? I don't see ANY upside for this guy long-term, and the best-case scenario short-term is that he finally shows something (other than "he's fast") on our dime, then turns around and leaves us with a hole two years from now.

Cheap contract or not, I see this as stagnation. And I'd much rather see the roster spot used for someone to develop. Maybe Taylor's knee is healed from the botched operation his senior year.

When I think about end arounds, I think about the foolish decision to have Tyree run it instead of Carter in the Chargers game. He had so much room and he botched the handoff from Eli where he could've run so far. I have faith that if we had Carter in that play he was off to the races and would've held on to the ball.

That was an ugly play. I thought the handoff was OK, and there was a lane, but it closed quickly and he got leveled and fumbled the ball away.

Either way, who would everyone here rather have, Nate Burleson for 7 years and $49 million, or Tim Carter for 2 years and $2 million plus overall? What exactly is Seattle thinking?

Guest Nutty Sack

Ah yes the old end around that the Giants unpredictably called on the second down of their third possesion in every game !! Huffy digs deep down into his bag of tricks to fool every defensive coordinator in the league. Of course we have to sign him.

Guest nosebleed

Mr. Injury has played 37 games out of a possible 64 and has one touchdown. Who is next Ernie, you have done a superb job so far........................... :unsure:

This is a real good signing, esp. at that price. We have so mnay weapons on offense now, that your 3rd and 4th rec's arent gonna get alot of balls thrown thier way. Plus, he's been injured. My concern w/ him is staying healthy, more than dropped balls or anything. He hasnt had enough playing time to be consistent. With his speed, if he can play more, he'll be a great deep threat.

EA tried to upgrade at this position via free agency but he would have had to overpay for Meshawn and Burleson. The Giants have to have someone this year as our #3 WR so signing Carter to a cheap, short contract is fine. Its clearly a short-term solution and will be a top priority next year, especiallly since Toomer is getting closer and closer to finishing his career.

If Jackson or Holmes falls to us, there is a chance we take them, although that scneario is highly unlikely. So it seems as if Taylor, Carter, Tyree and a mid-round draft pick will be fighting for the #3 WR spot. Carter, if healthy, is probably the leading candidate since he has blazing speed and can put pressure on defenses with his reverses and fly patterns.

...and when I see the Giants send Carter or Tyree on the field, you KNOW it's gonna be a WR reverse coming up next. Way too predictable. Let's see them actually USE Carter for some fly patterns?