SportsWrath

Am I the only one?

jints

Who thinks it's idiotic to trade for Ganzales.. considering the fact that we very rarely use the TE in our current offensive scheme. And that Boss and the other TE have been doing more then an exceptional job when they are called to do so. I mean, would it really make more sense to have Gonzales at TE.. and not have him make catches.. compared to Boss doing the same?

Who thinks it's idiotic to trade for Ganzales.. considering the fact that we very rarely use the TE in our current offensive scheme. And that Boss and the other TE have been doing more then an exceptional job when they are called to do so. I mean, would it really make more sense to have Gonzales at TE.. and not have him make catches.. compared to Boss doing the same?

No Jints, you're not the only one.

Same here, and I would even add Droughns to sweeten the pot if we could do it. I know we're 4 and 0, but we haven't played anybody yet except the Skins. Osi was a big loss for us with the pressure he put on qbs.

Yeah, Tony Gonzalez is a hell of a pass rusher.... :huh:

As always, the wisdom of this trade hinges entirely on what we give up. A 2nd rounder, hell no. A 3rd rounder or less?....maaaaybe.....

I think if we send a 3rd rounder their way, the Chefs are sending a later pick back...maybe a 5th.

I was against it yesterday. But really thinkin about it, the guy would be great for us. Give em a 3rd and lets get this thing done

That's why I like you JayD; you're a typical American... you always get it right.. it just takes you a little longer ;):P

Why would this EVER be a bad trade? You'd be adding the best tight end in NFL history to a team that is already excellent. In essence, you're iIMPROVING on excellence. All Tony Gonzalez does is catch touchdown passes, especially in the red zone, which, in recent years, we've been mediocre at best at(scoring in the red zone)....who cares if he has a 40 catch season, teams would have to not only game plan around our star wide receivers and running backs, they wouldn't be able to key on any of them and not to mention adding Gonzalez would truly turn the "red zone" into the "green zone".

Boss goes back to number 2 TE, which is typically your star blocking tight end anyway, which is his specialty.