SportsWrath

One last Shockey Pole

fishgutmartyr

Can someone post that avatar (or clip) of Shockey celebrating prematurely when Feeley missed that kick vs. Seattle?

THAT'S how I'd like to remember The Shockster! <_ src="//content.invisioncic.com/q62071/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)">

This one?

MAINshockeyshocked.gif

lol its alive and well in the saints forum

http://whodatzone.com/forum/index.php?show...28160&st=96

scroll down

Hey Bro....I have been surfing that board as a guest. I hate to say it...but too many people over there are viewing him as the Second Coming before he even gets on the f'ing field. Jesus...talk about your wishful thinking. TE has been an underutilized position in terms of receiving since Cheerleader got here; in no way shape or form is this a huge unrecoverable loss for the Giants. And I am glad that we did not take the 2nd or 5th round this year as since we are so stocked at most positions, there was a danger of having to cut a potentially great player. No one got the best of anyone in this deal. Now Shockey got what he wanted; now he needs to shut the fuck up and produce. Otherwise I think many of your board buddies who love him now may tar and feather the bastard.

Great for us bad for the Giants. I look for Plax's production to go down, and Colstons to go up (can you imagine) Shockey is going to draw coverage that would normally go towards a double team on Colston. To me that alone was almost worth the signing. YOu watch our offense is going to be SICK! Eli Manning is no Drew Brees, and not the meow that wont shut Shockey up when he gives the lip.

really ccase?

I cant believe everyone turned on Shockey this quick. Wow. :unsure:

EagleEye, don't get me wrong, I'm actually a Shockey fan. I like the guy. I think he will do great in New Orleans and really help them, and also be happy, something he wasn't with us, and that is clear for those people who have really been paying close attention to him. I trust Jerry Reese. He was going to be a distraction. That said, I wish him the best, but also think we are more than going to be ok without him. It's time to support Kevin Boss and see what he can do as the unquestioned starter. I think he is up to the task.

As for Shockey in N.O., I said back in DECEMBER I thought he would be a great fit in their offense. I expect he will have a career year there, if he and Brees both stay healthy. This trade worked out for everyone involved, the Saints, the Giants, and Jeremy. It's where he wanted to be and we got good picks in return. The possibility exists that next years picks will be higher than this last years N.O.'s picks, but even if they are not, I'm not worried. No doubt Reese will use those picks to his full advantage.

I understand loving the guy and he has been a Giant for a long time. Him coming to NY definitely made a difference on the team. But it's time to wish him well and remember him fondly as a Giant. But it's not time to bemoan the trade or criticize Reese. This was the best scenario for all involved and we did get more than fair market value for him. Now let's get to enjoying what our sick defense is going to do this year and enjoy watching young players develop like Phillips, Terrell Thomas, Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, and yes, Kevin Boss. This year is going to be a fun one, and I have big time confidence in Eli to lead this team to another great season.

Turned? I haven't. But if Shockey DID NOT (or wasn't happy) wanting to be a Giant anymore....who turned on who? :mellow::huh::unsure:

Like they say in the business "It is what it is, let's move forward".

Hell I made fun of Shockey even when he was a Giant, it's not a secret he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. The one thing that made me laugh is when he was on NFL Total Access, I don't know if he was nervous or snorting coke of a dead hooker in the back room but holy hell the guy wasn't acting right. Slurring words, shaking like he was nervous, I think ever second word he said was followed by a drink from his cup lol It was really quite funny to watch.

Hey Bro....I have been surfing that board as a guest. I hate to say it...but too many people over there are viewing him as the Second Coming before he even gets on the f'ing field. Jesus...talk about your wishful thinking. TE has been an underutilized position in terms of receiving since Cheerleader got here; in no way shape or form is this a huge unrecoverable loss for the Giants. And I am glad that we did not take the 2nd or 5th round this year as since we are so stocked at most positions, there was a danger of having to cut a potentially great player. No one got the best of anyone in this deal. Now Shockey got what he wanted; now he needs to shut the fuck up and produce. Otherwise I think many of your board buddies who love him now may tar and feather the bastard.

the dog recalls that it wasn't too long ago that most giant fans were viewing shockey as the second coming on draft day before he had played a down for them as well...and as for a TE being the "most underutilized position in terms of receiving," you need not catch a lot of passes to be an intrical part of the passing game in the NFL. A quality TE that commands attention from the defense opens things up for everyone else...good teams utilize them as a weapon all of the time, doesn't mean that statistically their TE's are pulling in huge numbers...the dog does agree that this was a win-win for all parties involved - the giants unload a potential distraction that has arguably underachieved since his rookie year...shockey gets a chance to start over on a team with a potentially explosive offense that can make a run in the playoffs...and the Saints add a potentially explosive player (if he toes the line and is rejuvenated by the fresh start) that can only raise the level if their offense...

he'll be great over there. he's with a coach who knows how to get the best out of him and a QB that loves to go to his TE (see erik johnson playing way over his head the last two seasons)

the dog recalls that it wasn't too long ago that most giant fans were viewing shockey as the second coming on draft day before he had played a down for them as well...and as for a TE being the "most underutilized position in terms of receiving," you need not catch a lot of passes to be an intrical part of the passing game in the NFL. A quality TE that commands attention from the defense opens things up for everyone else...good teams utilize them as a weapon all of the time, doesn't mean that statistically their TE's are pulling in huge numbers...the dog does agree that this was a win-win for all parties involved - the giants unload a potential distraction that has arguably underachieved since his rookie year...shockey gets a chance to start over on a team with a potentially explosive offense that can make a run in the playoffs...and the Saints add a potentially explosive player (if he toes the line and is rejuvenated by the fresh start) that can only raise the level if their offense...

Well I'll be damned.....It's the 'Dog'!!!! ;)

HiUdooin???

don't get me wrong, i like the guy but he did cause the recession and he is responsible for the war in darfur.

You forgot to mention if he didn't play in 14 games last year (for a measly 57 receptions) we could of been 14-0 then played NE in week 17 at 15-0. c'mon seriously some of you think Kevin Boss is gonna have 57 receptions in 14 games. Boss will be lucky to have 25-30 all year that production has to come for somewhere, guess Saints fans aren't the only ones in dream land