SportsWrath

TEs available

Sephiroth

I don't know Wiggins but Brady is over the hill and even in his prime was a blocking TE. I would rather put an extra OL in as the TE than bring him in. And Alexander is another over the hill who at least was a receiving threat.

Stephen Alexander, Kyle Brady and Jermaine Wiggins are all available.

Of all of 'em, I'd take Wiggins. He can block like a madman, and is decent in the passing game.

The saints are shopping Billy Miller and Eric Johnson for a 3rd or 4th. Interested?

The saints are shopping Billy Miller and Eric Johnson for a 3rd or 4th. Interested?

Bleh, maybe take one of 'em for like a 7th. They're nothing special. Prolly be available after cuts in a few months.

I think the Giants don't need to do anything about TE, but go with the guys they have, maybe sign a free agent for depth, but no one eye-popping. This trade signals that the Giants are comfortable with Boss as their guy at the position going forward.

I think the Giants don't need to do anything about TE, but go with the guys they have, maybe sign a free agent for depth, but no one eye-popping. This trade signals that the Giants are comfortable with Boss as their guy at the position going forward.

My sentiment exactly.

With 5 guys competing at camp for the position (K. Boss, M. Mathews, D. Johnson, J. Collins, and E. Butler), I believe one of these guys will shake out to become an excellent TE. There will also be plenty of TE's cut before teams have to get their roster down and maybe a quality guy will fall through the cracks.

Also....a "team first" mentality from whoever makes the cut, will probably be more advantageous to the Giants than a better player with a "me first" mentality.

Regardless....with 2 second round picks next year and 2 5th rounders, the Giants can package some picks to move up and snag the best TE in next year's draft. They also have some comp picks coming from the loss this year of Wilson, Mitchell and Torbor. The last thing the Giants need is a dozen draft picks so packaging a few of them to move up could give the team a great advantage in next years draft....making it one of the most exciting drafts that I can remember. My fingers are crossed.

We all have to remember though, this might be Boss's first year in with the starting job and we will have to see what he does. For all we know he can turn out to be a really good TE and we might not even need to consider drafting one, maybe a backup in the later rounds for him.