SportsWrath

Is Eli now officially a "made man"?

JMFP

I think so. Unlike many other QB's, Eli has won the big game toward the front end of his career. So, there is a lot of football left in his tank.

My hypothetical question is this: If Eli never wins another playoff game again, how would you rank him? Would you consider his Giants career as a success or failure?

I would argue that at worst, he be ranked right alongside Jeff Hostetler, and since I'll always remember Hoss for that Bills game, I would say Eli would be considered a success even if he does zilch from here on out.

With (hopefully) so many more years playing for us, I don't think you can consider his career very sucessful if he never wins another playoff game. To us, we'll always be thankfull of this past season, and how he played when it mattered, but if he never wins another playoff game, he'd be no more than Trent Dilfer, someone who got lucky to be playing with a dominant defense.

But, as we all know this scenerio will never happen. :)

To never win another playoff game would not be the best thing to happen. his career would be a success, but not a huge one.

Agreed. If you win a SB, you definatley will be remembered. But to be a great QB, you need to achieve much more than one SB win. Heck, Marino is considered one of, if not the best ever, and he never won it. But with Eli winning it so soon in his career, and showing flashes of greatness up until that point, I believe we are in for a thrill ride. ;)

unstoppable Eli Manning is.......................he was doing commercials before the super bowl, so Ernie at least got what he wanted has far as marketability. Eli will be doing alot of commercials now and everyone will eventually get sick of him like they did his brother but oh well. My prediction at the end of super bowl 42 was that Eli would get 4 rings before Tom Brady(even though JR has been very frugal in the FA market but we have drafted real well and most of our talent minus- Strahan,Madison are still young)

It will be interesting to watch the next few seasons. Eli is what 27???? Seems ike he should be entering his prime 4 or 5 years right now. With a ring and an MVP trophy he should have the confidence to excel. He has all ready proven that he has the tools. If he becomes a tad more consistent we should be very competitive for some time.

If the Giants continue to give Eli a very solid

running game and defense I think its

very possible that he could win 1 more

super-bow for the g-men.

He has more growing to do at the position

and the Giants are a young team with

a rejuvenated coach.

I expect exciting football for a few years.

We drafted him to win us a Super Bowl. He won us a Super Bowl. His career is a success.

That's pretty much how I feel.

I also agree with other poster who feel that his best football is still in front of him. But looking at guys like Marino, that's no guarantee he'll ever get back to the big game. And then, looking at his dad, there's no guarantee he'll even win another playoff game.

Still though, there is too much talent on the Giants for them not to have at least one more serious run in them. I wouldn't be surpised if we get one more Lombardi trophy during Eli's career.

Actually we didn't draft Eli Manning, the Chargers did. Eli wanted to play for the Giants and that alone means plenty and now add on the fact that he won a Super Bowl means he will be in the same category as Joe Namath and Phil Simms for now in New York.