SportsWrath

Anyone going to the parade tomorrow?

gateb

I'm going. Wondering what to do, though. I feel like I should drive into Brooklyn, then take the train to City Hall, but then maybe it's better to be along the parade route and then head down to City Hall later. Anybody ever been to Yankee parades (that would exclude you younger guys :lol: ) and have any advice to give?

I'm going. Wondering what to do, though. I feel like I should drive into Brooklyn, then take the train to City Hall, but then maybe it's better to be along the parade route and then head down to City Hall later. Anybody ever been to Yankee parades (that would exclude you younger guys :lol: ) and have any advice to give?

I used to live in Downtown Brooklyn and I'm thinking about driving down there.. park my car and take the train one stop 4 stops or so to City Hall...

Yes I already emailed my boss telling him I'm taking a personal day tomorrow...

I was due back at work, but I called today and said I was taking another day. I am a bit tired, but I will suck this one up. No drinking though.

I was at the Rangers parade in 94, I assume there will be less people for this because its February and school is in session(not like in June of 94), but for some reason i do not remember much of it. Maybe thats because I was 20 years old and well you know.

I'll be there, the parade starts right infront of my office. Even though I am a Mets fan I was able to use my work ID to get where they were loading up the cars with the Yankee players. I was close enough to hock a Looggie at Clemons if I wanted to die.

I'm heading downtown soon after I get into work with some people from my office. I can't take the day off work because it's my busiest time of the month this week, but if I can see something at all for a little bit I'll be happy.

I'm happy now, I just got my superbowl hat and t-shirt, so I can at least wear the hat.

I'll be there, the parade starts right infront of my office. Even though I am a Mets fan I was able to use my work ID to get where they were loading up the cars with the Yankee players. I was close enough to hock a Looggie at Clemons if I wanted to die.

Same with my Dad. About a 5 minute walk from his building.

He originally wasn't going to go but I convinced him. I guess he's the same guy who passed up SB tickets in 86.

Bought a new camera, hoping I can get a great spot tomorrow.

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of people there. Forecast doesn't look that great but this win was a big deal.

I'm going. Racoon Lounge ( warren and west broadway ) is putting out a buffet and openning around 9:30 or so.

I used to go there alot when I first started working downtown. If you are looking for a more rowdy crowd head over to the Patriot Saloon on Chambers and Church. The name might be inappropriate but you cannot argue with the bartenders

34.jpg

erica2-769576.jpg

timcarm-744731.jpg

normal_hof22.jpg

normal_hof14.jpg

I've never been to a parade. Any tips?

I've never been to a parade. Any tips?

First off you can chant more then just Allāhu Akbar :)

Other then that try to get a spot close to the curb, there is a lot of construction between Liberty Street and Vessy Street on Broadway so I would guess that it will be even more crowded then normal. I would try to get in front of Trinity Church by Wall Street - you can take the 4 train right there.

Other then that try to get a spot close to the curb, there is a lot of construction between Liberty Street and Vessy Street on Broadway so I would guess that it will be even more crowded then normal. I would try to get in front of Trinity Church by Wall Street - you can take the 4 train right there.

Ok cool. I'm thinking about heading there around 8 am... just to be sure I get a good spot.

Thanks Gorilla, that's what I'm gonna do.

Yeah same here, turns out I don't have a test so I'm totally skipping

class tomorrow. I'd like to meet some of you guys.

I had taken a personal day today, so I am only going to check out the parade for a bit right at the start. If you wanted to hang in the Patriot bar I could get there around 3:45

I had taken a personal day today, so I am only going to check out the parade for a bit right at the start. If you wanted to hang in the Patriot bar I could get there around 3:45

I'm getting to Chambers street at around 8:30 hopefully to get a spot,

gonna try and meet up with a few friends too.

Was going to try to get to Fulton St. on the A by 8:00am; I used to work on William St and Fulton for Child Welfare (ACS) so I was going to offer bathroom pitstops to my bros here. But someone was just canned at my job (another site) and I run my facility but I have been the victim of a little rumor campaign of not being available to my clients in the morning (giving talk therapy to "ex" ahem junkies). So I can't just roll in at 2:00pm and pretend I was there in the morning. The Program Director that fired that other guy is also my supervisor. He is up on his high horse right now about providing services to our clients. :rolleyes::huh::blink: FUCK SQUARED!!!