SportsWrath

Next weeks game against the Pats

US Patriot

Now that we have clinched a play-off spot, what Giant players do you board members think should play in this game? If I were management, no first string players would play. That way we avoid injuries, permit hurts to heal and get to see what talent other players have. I'm really interested in seeing the opinions of Giant fans.

Thank you for giving them.

If you can play, you play. Plax sits though. Any other player with a lingering injury that isn't 100% sits. But if you are 100% you play.

Agree with Lubeck.....anyone with nicks should sit....other than that get your ass out there and play. Now if it is a blow out either way (yeah right) then its just like the preseason to me.....empty your bench.

I agree with TBCvP and Lubeck. Only Plax should sit.

How about BJ and Peirce?

I have been of the opinion they should play to win..... but win what? Sit 'en all and come in healthy for week 1 playoff game. Teams kill eachother for a bye, week. We have been handed one, take it.

My opinion is: Sit as many players that need to sit. Like Burress, Brandon and Pierce. Manning too! And we all know Bill Bella-Dick will go for the 16-0 season and play his starters.

I truly hope that the Giants edge out a win with the bench players AND knock Tom Brady out for the playoffs. I am SO Tired of the Patriot coverage all day on the Sports networks. MuthaFuggdaPats!!!!!

How about BJ and Peirce?

I have been of the opinion they should play to win..... but win what? Sit 'en all and come in healthy for week 1 playoff game. Teams kill eachother for a bye, week. We have been handed one, take it.

Definately BJ, give the big guy a week off. i want to see Bradshaw get 35 carriesalone, that'll rest the big guy and get AB some much needed reps.

Plax and BJ should sit without question, but anyone else thats healthy should play. And we should be trying to win this game.

I agree with TBCvP and Lubeck. Only Plax should sit.

I agree with TBCvP, Lubeck, and Sephiroth. Only Plax should sit. :P

Well this is a chance for us to get our TE some more experience before the playoffs. I think our starters should play to remain fresh.. I don't want them to come off like they usually do after a bye. Play it safe and try all sorts of plays you wouldn't normally try. I wouldn't mind seeing a few razzle dazzle plays like a flee flicker... so long as we come out of that game without any injuries.

How about BJ and Peirce?

Except the Giants have this special ability to throw a stinker after a bye week.

Yeah, sit Burress! I’d like to see how Manning fares without his biggest antagonist in the game anyway.

Don't worry, another receiver will step up and drop balls too.

And Eli will be as reliable in missing whoever he is throwing too half the time.

The day of the Game...Giants v. Pats...NFL Network is going to start you off with a few re-airs of the Pats wins this year (In thier entirety) then 3 hours of pre game coverage. Nothing like all day dick riding of the Greatest team in NFL History. And if you had NFL Network and watched the all day coverage of the Pats....you'd know EVERYTHING there is to know about the Pats.

What will they do WHEN the Pats make it to the Superbowl? Give us 72 hour coverage and 24 hour pre game show on the Pats? ;):rolleyes:

Activate the bottom 22 on the depth chart and take the real players somewhere else for a training session. We can only worsen our situation in next weeks game, there's no upside.
Tree, I've waited to see what everyone had to say. According to the local NY papers, Toxic Tom Coughlin intends to play all the first string players. Many of them want ot play and that says a great deal about them. I still maintain that an intelligent management will not take chances that a prime player will be injured in the game. A win tomorrow will not change who the Giants have to meet in the play-offs and therefore is of no consequence. If a prime player is injured tomorrow because Thoughtless Tom plays them, he should be let go at the end of the season. I believe him to be one of the most useless head coaches that have ever been in the NFL.

Tree, I've waited to see what everyone had to say. According to the local NY papers, Toxic Tom Coughlin intends to play all the first string players. Many of them want ot play and that says a great deal about them. I still maintain that an intelligent management will not take chances that a prime player will be injured in the game. A win tomorrow will not change who the Giants have to meet in the play-offs and therefore is of no consequence. If a prime player is injured tomorrow because Thoughtless Tom plays them, he should be let go at the end of the season. I believe him to be one of the most useless head coaches that have ever been in the NFL.

You must have forgotten about Ray Handley.