SportsWrath

Time to shut down Plaxico

osi724dasack

in past weeks when he didnt practice he would dominate and he wouldnt show he is hurting...

now you can see a limp in him, he is playing like an average #2 receiver, is not explosive at all, and him and Eli are not on the same page due to the lack of practice together.

the plan...

shut him down for 3 weeks and see where hes at (should have done that with the bye week, and the Miami game, but the Dallas game was too big i guess)

in the long run (playoffs) this will pay high divedends...

cuz without the plax of weeks 1-7...were not going anywhere in the playoffs

Shit if he keeps playing like he did today (and over the last 3 games), he might as well sit.

People keep blaming Eli for the bad throws, but as it was mentioned today, Plax isn't getting to the ball like he used to. The timings not there, the speeds not there, the cuts aren't there, the jump ball's not there, and now with all of it adding up, the hands aren't there.

sure he's not performing like he had in the first 6 games, but.... he is still capable of having huge games. If he didn't drop those 2 balls we're looking at around a 70-85 yard day (pretty solid). Plus, he's taking drawing attention and setting things up for Shockey (last week) and Moss this week. We need him out there until we are fairly confident that we are a lock for the playoffs.

15 catches for 128 yards and no td's over the last 4 games, and how many drops?

And we're still 3-1 over that stretch. I say let him sit and get healthy for when we need him most.

Imagine the 2nd cowgirls game if Plax gave us what he had in the first game, 8 for 144yds and 3 td's.

He's not fooling anyone right now, and no longer drawing double teams. Might as well have someone there who's 100%.

BTW what's the word on Steve Smith? He was supposed to be back two weeks ago.

in past weeks when he didnt practice he would dominate and he wouldnt show he is hurting...

now you can see a limp in him, he is playing like an average #2 receiver, is not explosive at all, and him and Eli are not on the same page due to the lack of practice together.

the plan...

shut him down for 3 weeks and see where hes at (should have done that with the bye week, and the Miami game, but the Dallas game was too big i guess)

Plax is inconsistant. I don't think it has anything to do with the alleged injury. Shut him down or not.. I don't care. I feel we can go with Mix, Toomer, and Moss and we'd still be just as effective. Plax is overhyped...

15 catches for 128 yards and no td's over the last 4 games, and how many drops?

And we're still 3-1 over that stretch. I say let him sit and get healthy for when we need him most.

Imagine the 2nd cowgirls game if Plax gave us what he had in the first game, 8 for 144yds and 3 td's.

He's not fooling anyone right now, and no longer drawing double teams. Might as well have someone there who's 100%.

BTW what's the word on Steve Smith? He was supposed to be back two weeks ago.

He was most definitely drawing double teams, both yesterday and especially vs Dallas. He's not as explosive, that's for sure, but he's still our biggest deep threat and teams are respecting that.

He was most definitely drawing double teams, both yesterday and especially vs Dallas. He's not as explosive, that's for sure, but he's still our biggest deep threat and teams are respecting that.

Are you sure he was yesterday? I didn't catch him on every play, but the announcers made the statement that he was not drawing double coverage. I doubt any team would double him after his last 4 games, and the publicity of his bum ankle.

Don't think I'm criticizing Plax. He's hurt. He's not 100% and can't do what he does. I'm just saying rest the man, and let him get back to 100%, at least for the Minny game.

the plan...

I think you're right....time for Mix to come in, and take some reps off Plaxico. We need a guy who is 100% out there right now, and it's pretty obvious that Plaxico is having problems with his cuts.

Are you sure he was yesterday? I didn't catch him on every play, but the announcers made the statement that he was not drawing double coverage. I doubt any team would double him after his last 4 games, and the publicity of his bum ankle.

Don't think I'm criticizing Plax. He's hurt. He's not 100% and can't do what he does. I'm just saying rest the man, and let him get back to 100%, at least for the Minny game.

He definitely had some yesterday. I agree that having him sit out of the Minny game is a probably a good idea, though the bye week didn't seem to help any.

He definitely had some yesterday. I agree that having him sit out of the Minny game is a probably a good idea, though the bye week didn't seem to help any.

A Pro Bowl wide receiver should be able to beat the double coverage, anyway. Oh wait...

He had 3 drops yesterday and looked very pedestrian out there regardless of the coverage. I say rest him for the playoffs or sooner if he gets better. Can't Moss go long? He's supposed to be super fast. Or why not play Boss along with Shockey - let Shock go deep.

He had 3 drops yesterday and looked very pedestrian out there regardless of the coverage. I say rest him for the playoffs or sooner if he gets better. Can't Moss go long? He's supposed to be super fast. Or why not play Boss along with Shockey - let Shock go deep.

Yes he can. Did you see how much props the defense was giving him? Aside from the win, Moss was a bright spot. Some of specifically asked for Moss to be given more touches... I'm beginning to think they're reading this forum.

Right now may not be the best time to shut down Plaxico, but I think it's needed. You can visibly see that his performance is suffering. He is being reduced to a possession receiver. Why risk exacerbating the injury over the continued use of a possession receiver with a bad ankle? Sinorice is coming on. Let him start for 3 weeks with Amani, continue to have Shockey involved and maybe Steve Smith will be ready as well. We need Plax for the playoffs. We can win without Plax, just as we have won with a gimpy Plax. Come that first round of the playoffs, he needs to be 100%, beating that db down the field and making the acrobatic catches we are used to seeing him make.

rest him? sure. shut him down? what's the purpose of that?

I don't want to see him go on the IR as long as he's medically-cleared to play. But we definitely need to get Mix in there to take some of the load off him....especially in terms of run-blocking.

If we take Plaxico out on runs, it's telegraphing our call to the defense. So, he should be rested for all but obvious passing downs, and replaced by Mix, or someone else.

I don't want to see him go on the IR as long as he's medically-cleared to play. But we definitely need to get Mix in there to take some of the load off him....especially in terms of run-blocking.

If we take Plaxico out on runs, it's telegraphing our call to the defense. So, he should be rested for all but obvious passing downs, and replaced by Mix, or someone else.

Mix was signed by the Redskins today