SportsWrath

El opinion de Boohyah (yesterdays game)

boohyah

What a welcome relief that was. A major moral booster for this team.

Once again, Derrick Ward gets major props (by the way I hope that Jay D was happy that Ward got short gains as opposed to long gains on his runs). Now here's the part that some of us Giant fans may not wish to hear, but whenever Jacobs gets back, he should be moved to backup. Right now, Ward is on course for over 1300 yards if you project out, and frankly that return is way over expectations. They need to continue with what's not broken.

Here's what's great about the defensive effort, the stupid special teams suck ass. Will this unit ever be adequate, let alone a force. Teams can now comfortably plan out their offensive startegies knowing that when the Giants kick the ball, they will start at at least their own 40. Best one yesterday was Gerris Wilkerson, looking to tackle a Skins as ball returner, ran right behind him. Feagles seemed off yesterday.

Defense was really sold, Madison did a good job,even Butler was making some tackles. Jason Tuck IMO could be heading towards being the top lineman on this team, the guy keeps making plays and he's very tough to stop. But the improvement yesterday tied into one player, KIWI. They took the leash off him yesterday. He's still playing linebacker, but one the things that the Giants ranted about in the offseason was the need to get it's best athletes on the field and then in it's first 2 games, had Kiwi getting burned in coverage. Yesterday the plan was built towards his strenghts and he delivered.

The linebackers deserve some props, Pierce was pumped and played well and Kawika redeemed himself a lot from last week.

Eli IMO was very so-so. He made some decent throws but again I think he has to thank Shockey and Plaxico for making some of his throws look better than they were. The deep INT didn't bother me because at least the Skins had shitty field position. But the other INT was bonehead. But his leadership skills look like they are definitely getting better.

By the way, for all his hype, I think Sean Taylor is overated. I look at that guy with that fucked up hair and think that Gibbs probably can't get through to this guy at all.

Now, for something different. The coaching staff did a good job yesterday. Gilbride has been fine all year, but Spag finally caught up yesterday. I think Coughlin was fine yesterday, no deer in the headlights look.

By the way, just an observation. Whenever the Giants are losing, FOX loves to focus on Coughlin's face when he's got that blank look. Clearly they think he's a bit of a joke. But, though I'm a Gibbs fan, his record has been worse these last few years. Yesterday when they were losing FOX never even focused in on him. I guess iis they still think he's unfallible.

Anyway, thumbs up for yesterday, may it continue. Let's beat the canaries next week.

FOr all of the great plays Plax and Shockey make, they equally make boneheaded plays. That drop at midfield by SHockey was thrown on a dime by ELI and SHockey flat out dropped it. In fact had Shockey been a step ahead as the route called for that was a seam pattern for a 70 yard TD. As for Plax, you could see he was struggling in the first half with the drops, but he got it together. Its not like ELI is the only QB who has recievers make plays for him, he does seem to have his guys drop an awful lot of balls though that are easy catches. I thought ELI was fine, I was more pissed about the long INT as there is no way ELI with a banged up shoulder and being flushed out of the pocket is going to be able to make that throw and allow Plax to go get it(as was what he was trying to do). The first INT the defender made a nice play.

Defense was much better, its funny what a pass rush can do.

What a welcome relief that was. A major moral booster for this team.

Once again, Derrick Ward gets major props (by the way I hope that Jay D was happy that Ward got short gains as opposed to long gains on his runs). Now here's the part that some of us Giant fans may not wish to hear, but whenever Jacobs gets back, he should be moved to backup. Right now, Ward is on course for over 1300 yards if you project out, and frankly that return is way over expectations. They need to continue with what's not broken.

Here's what's great about the defensive effort, the stupid special teams suck ass. Will this unit ever be adequate, let alone a force. Teams can now comfortably plan out their offensive startegies knowing that when the Giants kick the ball, they will start at at least their own 40. Best one yesterday was Gerris Wilkerson, looking to tackle a Skins as ball returner, ran right behind him. Feagles seemed off yesterday.

Defense was really sold, Madison did a good job,even Butler was making some tackles. Jason Tuck IMO could be heading towards being the top lineman on this team, the guy keeps making plays and he's very tough to stop. But the improvement yesterday tied into one player, KIWI. They took the leash off him yesterday. He's still playing linebacker, but one the things that the Giants ranted about in the offseason was the need to get it's best athletes on the field and then in it's first 2 games, had Kiwi getting burned in coverage. Yesterday the plan was built towards his strenghts and he delivered.

The linebackers deserve some props, Pierce was pumped and played well and Kawika redeemed himself a lot from last week.

Eli IMO was very so-so. He made some decent throws but again I think he has to thank Shockey and Plaxico for making some of his throws look better than they were. The deep INT didn't bother me because at least the Skins had shitty field position. But the other INT was bonehead. But his leadership skills look like they are definitely getting better.

By the way, for all his hype, I think Sean Taylor is overated. I look at that guy with that fucked up hair and think that Gibbs probably can't get through to this guy at all.

Now, for something different. The coaching staff did a good job yesterday. Gilbride has been fine all year, but Spag finally caught up yesterday. I think Coughlin was fine yesterday, no deer in the headlights look.

By the way, just an observation. Whenever the Giants are losing, FOX loves to focus on Coughlin's face when he's got that blank look. Clearly they think he's a bit of a joke. But, though I'm a Gibbs fan, his record has been worse these last few years. Yesterday when they were losing FOX never even focused in on him. I guess iis they still think he's unfallible.

Anyway, thumbs up for yesterday, may it continue. Let's beat the canaries next week.

:huh::huh::huh:

Hows that possible?

I think you are wrong about Bj.... he needs to come in and be the starter. Ward averaged just over 3 yards a carry- not exactly a world beater performance. He did have a couple of nice runs though. He should get about 10 touches a game to BJ's 15-20.

Eli had one really bad play yesterday and that was on the deep INT. He could have tried shockey on the sideline or just threw it into the croud. It worked that we pinned them deep, but I am sure that was not the intention. Im not saying he had a great game but i think it was better then So-So. Three less drops and he would have had a good day.

When Tyree gets back the ST will get better, but kick coverage was horrible.

The Defense was much improved, people were not left wide open and they were able to get pressure on the QB. Ross did a good job in coverage and hopefully will stay on the field so he can keep on learning.

The coaching staff did Ok, They tried their best to fuck it up when we got the ball back after that goal line stand.... Run the ball on 1st and 2nd to make Wash use time outs fine that is one approach- why follow that with a swing pass that takes your RB out of bounds? Why not throw on 3rd down to one of the 6'5" recievers on this team over the middle- keep that clock ticking. Or if you throw to the sidelines make sure it is for a first down. That was the worst play call I have seen in a long time. Unless they were thinking- no way they can think we are stupid enough to run this play

personally i'd like to run the ball more when jacobs gets back so if i had my way jacobs would still get his carries without cutting too much into ward's workload. i still think jacobs is the better back but in the interest of preserving his health it looks like a committee is the direction we're headed

I think you are wrong about Bj.... he needs to come in and be the starter. Ward averaged just over 3 yards a carry- not exactly a world beater performance. He did have a couple of nice runs though. He should get about 10 touches a game to BJ's 15-20.

Eli had one really bad play yesterday and that was on the deep INT. He could have tried shockey on the sideline or just threw it into the croud. It worked that we pinned them deep, but I am sure that was not the intention. Im not saying he had a great game but i think it was better then So-So. Three less drops and he would have had a good day.

When Tyree gets back the ST will get better, but kick coverage was horrible.

The Defense was much improved, people were not left wide open and they were able to get pressure on the QB. Ross did a good job in coverage and hopefully will stay on the field so he can keep on learning.

The coaching staff did Ok, They tried their best to fuck it up when we got the ball back after that goal line stand.... Run the ball on 1st and 2nd to make Wash use time outs fine that is one approach- why follow that with a swing pass that takes your RB out of bounds? Why not throw on 3rd down to one of the 6'5" recievers on this team over the middle- keep that clock ticking. Or if you throw to the sidelines make sure it is for a first down. That was the worst play call I have seen in a long time. Unless they were thinking- no way they can think we are stupid enough to run this play

tyree played yesterday.

First let me ay Boo, Ward had a very good game. Played much more consistant. But I seriously got to disagree that he should get the nod as starter, and I'll tell ya why. Ward looked good, cause Eli was able to complete MANY 3rd and longs. More than a Qb should be asked to do. If Ward was really ready to to start, on the last drive he would have found a way to get some yards. He was given 2 shots to litteraly wrap the game up, and got 1 yard, and -1yard, putting us in a very dangerous situation. If Washington had half a brain they would have spread the offense on there last play, and walked it right in. (lucky for us, there dumb) That would have sent us into over time, and we might not have a win right now. And it would have ALL fell back on Ward.

He had a Good game. Him and Jacobs will be a good, 1, 2 punch. But in no way should he be the starter over Jacobs.

Another thing, your way to hard on Eli, again. Did you miss the first half of that game where nearly every reciever and our TE dropped MAJOR game changing passes? Plax dropped near 100 yards in 2 passes that hit him directly in the hands. Plax and Shock did not make Eli look better than he was. The truth is Even with the 2 picks, Eli should have had (once again) a outstanding game. I guess people just see what they want to see.

First let me ay Boo, Ward had a very good game. Played much more consistant. But I seriously got to disagree that he should get the nod as starter, and I'll tell ya why. Ward looked good, cause Eli was able to complete MANY 3rd and longs. More than a Qb should be asked to do. If Ward was really ready to to start, on the last drive he would have found a way to get some yards. He was given 2 shots to litteraly wrap the game up, and got 1 yard, and -1yard, putting us in a very dangerous situation. If Washington had half a brain they would have spread the offense on there last play, and walked it right in. (lucky for us, there dumb) That would have sent us into over time, and we might not have a win right now. And it would have ALL fell back on Ward.

He had a Good game. Him and Jacobs will be a good, 1, 2 punch. But in no way should he be the starter over Jacobs.

Another thing, your way to hard on Eli, again. Did you miss the first half of that game where nearly every reciever and our TE dropped MAJOR game changing passes? Plax dropped near 100 yards in 2 passes that hit him directly in the hands. Plax and Shock did not make Eli look better than he was. The truth is Even with the 2 picks, Eli should have had (once again) a outstanding game. I guess people just see what they want to see.

Dude, "see what they want to see"?. I'm forming an opinion, nothing else. No offense, but you're the guy who said that 85% of the time Tiki sucked. What would you have been looking at these last few years?

I don't think I'm hard on Eli, in the Dallas game I said he played well. In the last 2 games he has made one or two bad plays, which are the kind of things that stop him from being elite. I did say that his leadership skills are getting better right?. I do think that being a leader is a huge deal.

Ward is averaging 90 yards a game. He's not supposed to be starting. Again you tell me I'm hard on Eli yet in one post say Ward was very good on Sunday however busted up 2 big plays towards the end. My point on Ward is that in the 3 games he's been forced to play, he's played well, well enough to start. Jacobs has not played a full game in the NFL, that's a fact, so he's proven nothing so far. I just think you go with what's not broken right now. Jacobs might be better in short yardage situations you are pointing out.

Dude, "see what they want to see"?. I'm forming an opinion, nothing else. No offense, but you're the guy who said that 85% of the time Tiki sucked. What would you have been looking at these last few years?

I don't think I'm hard on Eli, in the Dallas game I said he played well. In the last 2 games he has made one or two bad plays, which are the kind of things that stop him from being elite. I did say that his leadership skills are getting better right?. I do think that being a leader is a huge deal.

Ward is averaging 90 yards a game. He's not supposed to be starting. Again you tell me I'm hard on Eli yet in one post say Ward was very good on Sunday however busted up 2 big plays towards the end. My point on Ward is that in the 3 games he's been forced to play, he's played well, well enough to start. Jacobs has not played a full game in the NFL, that's a fact, so he's proven nothing so far. I just think you go with what's not broken right now. Jacobs might be better in short yardage situations you are pointing out.

BJac needs to be worried. Ward is playing very well and Droughns punched in the short yardage very well. If he comes back and struggles it's curtains.

Hey man, all Im saying is when a QB leads you to 21 unanswered points, on the road, in a divisional game no less, with several drive saving long 3rd down passes, thats better than "so-so". Thats alot better than so-so. If one or 2 bad plays stops a qb from being elite, then there isnt a elite QB in this game. You give Shock and Plax the credit for saving Eli, yet totaly look past the fact that Eli hit both of them more than once, with VERY long, possible TD passes, and they looked like they have never even seen a football before.

Like I said, Ward played well, but fell short when it mattered most. Eli, and our defense won this game.

Hey man, all Im saying is when a QB leads you to 21 unanswered points, on the road, in a divisional game no less, with several drive saving long 3rd down passes, thats better than "so-so". Thats alot better than so-so. If one or 2 bad plays stops a qb from being elite, then there isnt a elite QB in this game. You give Shock and Plax the credit for saving Eli, yet totaly look past the fact that Eli hit both of them more than once, with VERY long, possible TD passes, and they looked like they have never even seen a football before.

Like I said, Ward played well, but fell short when it mattered most. Eli, and our defense won this game.

I give Shockey and Plaxico credit because every time they make a mistake they are considered "boneheads" and "hotheads", when in fact they do make a lot of plays for this offense. Eli makes some bad throws and sometimes it's blamed on the fact that Shockey and Plaxico have ran the wrong routes, when it's simply not the case. Too much is made about them throwing their hands up in the air. On the winning TD, Plaxico made a move on Taylor that gave him about 5 yards of space. Shockey did make a catch at the goaline with 2-3 guys on him. You say Eli won this game, who caught his passes to win the game?

You're giving Ward credit, yet you're not. Seriously just don't bother.

I give Shockey and Plaxico credit because every time they make a mistake they are considered "boneheads" and "hotheads", when in fact they do make a lot of plays for this offense. Eli makes some bad throws and sometimes it's blamed on the fact that Shockey and Plaxico have ran the wrong routes, when it's simply not the case. Too much is made about them throwing their hands up in the air. On the winning TD, Plaxico made a move on Taylor that gave him about 5 yards of space. Shockey did make a catch at the goaline with 2-3 guys on him. You say Eli won this game, who caught his passes to win the game?

You're giving Ward credit, yet you're not. Seriously just don't bother.

I give Shock and Plax credit to, they finnaly decided to join the team in the second half. Why is Eli "so- so" for playing his heart out the entire game, but Shock and Plax are the savor's when they finnaly decided to stop dropping PERFECT passes?

Why not "bother", cause im not ready to just give the kid the starting roll? He has improved each week, lets see what he can do against Philly before we toss Jacobs in the trash.

I give Shock and Plax credit to, they finnaly decided to join the team in the second half. Why is Eli "so- so" for playing his heart out the entire game, but Shock and Plax are the savor's when they finnaly decided to stop dropping PERFECT passes?

Why not "bother", cause im not ready to just give the kid the starting roll? He has improved each week, lets see what he can do against Philly before we toss Jacobs in the trash.

Read what I said, I never said but Jacobs in the trash.

How many drops did Shockey have? I only remember the one long one down the middle. Aikman said he was "good for one or two of those a game" which is complete bullshit. That's 16-32 drops a season?! The only person that got close to dropping that many last season was T.O. (17). Shockey had less than 6.

Plax was fucking pathetic. He'll take T.O.'s crown this year if he keeps this up.

How many drops did Shockey have? I only remember the one long one down the middle. Aikman said he was "good for one or two of those a game" which is complete bullshit. That's 16-32 drops a season?! The only person that got close to dropping that many last season was T.O. (17). Shockey had less than 6.

Plax was fucking pathetic. He'll take T.O.'s crown this year if he keeps this up.

Yea, I think Shock had 2, but im not sure. He had 5 the week before., So I think I still had those on the brain. Plax's 2 drops were pathetic, but I will give him props for making a really good come back in the second half. There is a pretty good story about the guy in the wheel chair that Plax handed the ball to after his TD. I'll see if I can dig it up.

LANDOVER. MD. – As soon as Plaxico Burress scored the game-winning touchdown in the Giants’ victory in Washington on Sunday, he picked up the ball, ran to the sideline and gave the souvenir to a double-amputee sitting in a wheelchair near the team’s bench.

U.S. Army Lt. Colonel Greg Gadson gave an inspirational speech to the team.

Burress’ gesture was no random act of kindness. The man was U.S. Army Lt. Colonel Greg Gadson. In May, he was stationed in Iraq when an IED (improvised explosive device) hit his vehicle, an explosion that cost him both of his legs. On Saturday night, he delivered an inspirational talk to the Giants. Gadson attended the game with his wife and children, then visited the locker room after the Giants overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to win, 24-17.

“His talk almost defined today, to be honest with you,” Coughlin said after the game. “He talked about the fact that there are going to be bad times, and you have to keep your poise and fight your way through it. He talked about fighting for every yard.

“He is a marvelous human being, that's what he is. After going through what he has gone through...a big strapping guy, a lieutenant colonel, a great football player right through the military, and a great leader. He told the story about him getting wounded and reaching for his rifle, being unconscious for two weeks. It was just a very, very touching story."

It struck close to Burress’ heart. He and Gadson are from the same area of Virginia. After Gadson’s address to the team, Burress sat with him and the two men had a lengthy private conversation. When Burress scored his fifth touchdown of the season, he wanted nothing more than to give the ball to Gadson.

“You see a guy go through the things that he has been through and he is in such good spirits,” Burress said. “It was just unbelievable to come across a person like that who went through a tremendous change in his life. I have never met somebody

like that who had a high spirit like nothing was wrong and I was like, ‘Wow.’ I thought, ‘I have a little ankle injury, I have to go out here and give it my best.’ I tried to go out and play not thinking about it and all I thought about when I scored that touchdown was that I wanted to find him to give him that football.”

Gadson’s visit to the Giants was arranged by wide receivers coach Mike Sullivan. He and Gadson were teammates and classmates (Class of 1989) at West Point. Gadson was a three-year starter at linebacker. The two men have remained close friends.

Sullivan visited Gadson at Walter Reed Army Hospital just outside of Washington in June. He was taken by Gadson’s upbeat attitude and determination in the face of tremendous adversity. Sullivan told Gadson he wanted him to attend the game when the Giants visited the Redskins.

As the game approached, Sullivan told Coughlin about Gadson. The coach thought it would be a good idea to have the solider speak to the team.

“Sully came to me early in the week and talked about his classmate,” Coughlin said. “He told me what he had gone through and I was excited about having the chance to have the players hear from him. I talked to him on the phone and I told him the themes we had been working with all camp and he came in and he was excellent. It is amazing. He told stories about the football metaphors they use with the troops and then we use military stories with the players. But he said some really great things to the players.

“I told the captains about it because I didn’t want everybody to be shocked. The players gave him a standing ovation and the volume kept rising. He is an incredible man. A powerful man. The power of his spirit. That is what he really did for us, just the idea that the spirit rises above all these adverse conditions. He is still the same man that he always was. He just had a terrible thing happen to him, something he is not going to let hold him back.”

On Sunday, the Giants took his inspirational message to heart – and on to the

field.

Coughlin presented Gadson with the game ball in the post-game locker room.

LANDOVER. MD. – As soon as Plaxico Burress scored the game-winning touchdown in the Giants’ victory in Washington on Sunday, he picked up the ball, ran to the sideline and gave the souvenir to a double-amputee sitting in a wheelchair near the team’s bench.

U.S. Army Lt. Colonel Greg Gadson gave an inspirational speech to the team.

Burress’ gesture was no random act of kindness. The man was U.S. Army Lt. Colonel Greg Gadson. In May, he was stationed in Iraq when an IED (improvised explosive device) hit his vehicle, an explosion that cost him both of his legs. On Saturday night, he delivered an inspirational talk to the Giants. Gadson attended the game with his wife and children, then visited the locker room after the Giants overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to win, 24-17.

“His talk almost defined today, to be honest with you,” Coughlin said after the game. “He talked about the fact that there are going to be bad times, and you have to keep your poise and fight your way through it. He talked about fighting for every yard.

“He is a marvelous human being, that's what he is. After going through what he has gone through...a big strapping guy, a lieutenant colonel, a great football player right through the military, and a great leader. He told the story about him getting wounded and reaching for his rifle, being unconscious for two weeks. It was just a very, very touching story."

It struck close to Burress’ heart. He and Gadson are from the same area of Virginia. After Gadson’s address to the team, Burress sat with him and the two men had a lengthy private conversation. When Burress scored his fifth touchdown of the season, he wanted nothing more than to give the ball to Gadson.

“You see a guy go through the things that he has been through and he is in such good spirits,” Burress said. “It was just unbelievable to come across a person like that who went through a tremendous change in his life. I have never met somebody

like that who had a high spirit like nothing was wrong and I was like, ‘Wow.’ I thought, ‘I have a little ankle injury, I have to go out here and give it my best.’ I tried to go out and play not thinking about it and all I thought about when I scored that touchdown was that I wanted to find him to give him that football.”

Gadson’s visit to the Giants was arranged by wide receivers coach Mike Sullivan. He and Gadson were teammates and classmates (Class of 1989) at West Point. Gadson was a three-year starter at linebacker. The two men have remained close friends.

Sullivan visited Gadson at Walter Reed Army Hospital just outside of Washington in June. He was taken by Gadson’s upbeat attitude and determination in the face of tremendous adversity. Sullivan told Gadson he wanted him to attend the game when the Giants visited the Redskins.

As the game approached, Sullivan told Coughlin about Gadson. The coach thought it would be a good idea to have the solider speak to the team.

“Sully came to me early in the week and talked about his classmate,” Coughlin said. “He told me what he had gone through and I was excited about having the chance to have the players hear from him. I talked to him on the phone and I told him the themes we had been working with all camp and he came in and he was excellent. It is amazing. He told stories about the football metaphors they use with the troops and then we use military stories with the players. But he said some really great things to the players.

“I told the captains about it because I didn’t want everybody to be shocked. The players gave him a standing ovation and the volume kept rising. He is an incredible man. A powerful man. The power of his spirit. That is what he really did for us, just the idea that the spirit rises above all these adverse conditions. He is still the same man that he always was. He just had a terrible thing happen to him, something he is not going to let hold him back.”

On Sunday, the Giants took his inspirational message to heart – and on to the

field.

Coughlin presented Gadson with the game ball in the post-game locker room.

Great story Jay. :TU: