SportsWrath

Adam Schein reports that Giants contact TB about Christ Simms

jranieli

As exciting as getting Simms might be, it would be a mistake. For one, all the Eli haters (and they will always be there) will be demanding Simms start, and its just not smart to put the kid in a situation where he is a backup for the team his dad was a legend for.
VG, you just made great observations. Congrats. :worshippy:

typical Shien nonsense. Simms is not physically ready to play now and he just signed a HUGE extension last year. Its not like he could come in and play now if ELI were hurt, he is less physically able then ELI is now. He has nerve problems that are common after major surgery like he had(spleen). The Giants want him they can wait until the Bucs cut him this offseason. He is not ready now. Guy is a good backup, but he is nowhere near the QB that ELI is so as far as people wanting him to play that would be silly.

typical Shien nonsense. Simms is not physically ready to play now and he just signed a HUGE extension last year. Its not like he could come in and play now if ELI were hurt, he is less physically able then ELI is now. He has nerve problems that are common after major surgery like he had(spleen). The Giants want him they can wait until the Bucs cut him this offseason. He is not ready now. Guy is a good backup, but he is nowhere near the QB that ELI is so as far as people wanting him to play that would be silly.

Are you sure about his extension, I though he signed a one year extension.

And I know Jon (who spells him name wrong) Gruden was never really enamored

with him as a starter, the guy practically begged for Jake Plummer to come out of

retirement.

EDIT: He signed a 2 year extension, sorry about that.

TC and co. should be fired if the time has come for J. Load and they're worried. Either he was or wasn't the right guy and now we have a real pickle.

I think the Giants are and have been in desperate need for a back up QB of some value for years nowl it wasn't J. Load, it wasn't Hasslebeck, it wasn't Palmer, it wasn't Graham, so since the time of Hos/Simms, we really haven't hada reliable back up; someone who pushed the starter.

Let's get one in here. J. Load is not a realistic option and that should piss off all of the fans. Did he look confident to you? DO you really think he can help us beat GB?

I've watched GB and its D is no joke. We may have a bad day if J. Load plays, of course, we may have a worse day if Eli plays and gets really dinged up. Figure we keep a tight in to help Diehl and the scheme is obvious, we get chewed up or Eli gets shelled.

Anthony Wright anyone, yes I know he suckedi n preseason; I was there too

It would be great to get Christ, we would never lose on Sunday!!! :worshippy:

:P

some religious pharisees would condemn Christ for playing on Sunday, but since Christ, technically, was a Jew, I think it'd be fine for Him to suit up every Sunday and "miraculously resurrect" this Giants team.

I think He would avoid the roast bbq pork sandwiches at the tailgating though.

Simms would choke under the NY Media..... they would be better off pulling #11 out of the booth....

Do you think it is even possible to bring someone in on Wed/Thurs and expect him to be the starting QB? We are stuck watching J-load suck ass Sunday if Manning can't suit up. Eli knows this is his team, and if he can throw the ball we will see him

Let's keep it in perspective. This is not a season ender where we are completely at a loss. If ELI even feels a tad too sore this SUnday and needs a full 14 days to recover I sit him this week. What we are then looking at is a game where we simply need the backup QB to win 1 game right now. Its kind of like a all hands on deck type game similar to a must win baseball playoff game. If Lorenzen sucks ass by the 2nd we pull him and play Wright and hope to somebhow win the game. These are the games that make good coaching staffs, winning a game like this, in a 1 week scenario where you are not with all your bullets in the gun. Hopefully they can make defensive adjustments and get enough offense to win. DO not discount the crowd this week, that 12th man could be huge and its a case where everyone(the backups, the coaching staff and the crowd)need to step up and do a little more.

It's even worse then I thought then :brooding:

This is a situation where many often criticized people, the Giant fans, the Giants coaches, the Giants players and more importantly Coughlin can earn some stripes.

Tom wants to be liked, wants to prove he is a good coach? Go strategically win this game and motivate the team to a victory.

DO not discount the crowd this week, that 12th man could be huge and its a case where everyone(the backups, the coaching staff and the crowd)need to step up and do a little more.

Let's not kid ourselves; the Giants home crowd will be asleep by the second quarter, shitting their Depends by the third, and leaving the stadium a minute into the fourth to "beat the rush."

I go to three games every year and it's always the same shit. :TD:

Let's not kid ourselves; the Giants home crowd will be asleep by the second quarter, shitting their Depends by the third, and leaving the stadium a minute into the fourth to "beat the rush."

Its time for those old timers to give up those sits.

Have all of you forgotten what this kid did at Kentucky? He broke every passing record ever including Tim Couch's. If it comes down to it JLoad plays and does just fine.

Let's keep it in perspective. This is not a season ender where we are completely at a loss. If ELI even feels a tad too sore this SUnday and needs a full 14 days to recover I sit him this week. What we are then looking at is a game where we simply need the backup QB to win 1 game right now. Its kind of like a all hands on deck type game similar to a must win baseball playoff game. If Lorenzen sucks ass by the 2nd we pull him and play Wright and hope to somebhow win the game. These are the games that make good coaching staffs, winning a game like this, in a 1 week scenario where you are not with all your bullets in the gun. Hopefully they can make defensive adjustments and get enough offense to win. DO not discount the crowd this week, that 12th man could be huge and its a case where everyone(the backups, the coaching staff and the crowd)need to step up and do a little more.

Very well said. Totally agreed.

Funny though... shouldn't we have addressed this whole backup QB situation in the offseason... when guys like Culpepper et. al. were available?

I would like to know how you were able to double post 46 minutes later. lol

anyway, if we did pick up a QB in the offseason then we would have never heard the end of it that we don't trust Eli. It is a no win situation here.