SportsWrath

So do we?

jranieli

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7141464

Eagles to release Pro Bowler Trotter

In a stunning move Tuesday, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with one of the stalwarts of their defense from the last several years.

The Eagles are releasing perennial Pro Bowler MLB Jeremiah Trotter, FOXSports.com has learned. Despite recording 113 tackles in 2006, the Eagles feel that Trotter has lost a step.

Trotter, who has played in Philadelphia for seven of his nine NFL seasons, has registered over 100 tackles in six different seasons, including each of the last two. At 29, Trotter has been one of the Eagles' leaders on defense, along with safety Brian Dawkins.

Trotter was expected to anchor an improved Eagles linebacking corps with the off-season acquisition of Takeo Spikes.

No, he's not what we need and I don't want to become the Redskins.

Well established names (after their prime) can become a defining characteristic.

Just look at Hugh Douglas. Instead of figuring if we should pick him up, our team should be figuring how the Eagles are so consistenly smart about personnel decision...note to Strahan.

Trotter is a MLB. Pierce is not losing his job.

Mitchell seems to be doing very well so I don't see a late-acquisition stealing his spot while moving from MLB.

Best chance he would have starting would be to oust Kiwi, which might not be such a bad thing....but I personally want to give the Kiwi experiment at least some time to pan out.

with Spags as the defensive coordinator we should certainly have the inside scoop on what he has left.

You know, I didn't even think of that but you're right.

At this point, I'd have to say no. I've never been a big Trotter fan. Plus, he and Pierce have done some verbal sparring in the past, and he took that cheap shot on Feagles a while back that I never forgave him for... though our punter came right back in and kicked a fine game.

Does Trot fit Reese's philosophy of building the team with younger and healthier players? No.

I'd rather have Blackburn come in then Trotter if godforbid Pierce were to get hurt.

Seriously, dude...?

IMO ...we would be better off picking up Lemar Marshall from the Skins because he has played with AP and is flexible in all 3 linebacking positions !

Man, when I heard that on the radio today I thought the same thing. Wasn't he "making everyone forget about Antonio Pierce" just two years ago?

Imagine a linebacking corp with THREE MLB's. That's more brains than the entire Cowboys Ring of Fame!

Is there any post in where you don't call a poster a curse word?
Immaturekid, if you believe that "Shit" is a curse, you again display your stupidity and lack of a full education. If you know how to use a dictionary (which I doubt), and look up the definition of curse, you will find it says:" An appeal to a supernatural power for evil or injury to befall someone or something." Use of the word "shit" is profanity. There is a vast difference between the two. Oh well, I guess since you are not a true and long-time Giants fan, you don't care what eggie says or maybe you are a closet Giant hater.

In reality, it comes from being a long time (55 years) Giants fan that won't accept insults against them.

Amen Pat, you and are by far the oldest 2 posters on this board. And the oldest Giants fan. I have also been a fan for about 55 years.

Immaturekid, if you believe that "Shit" is a curse, you again display your stupidity and lack of a full education. If you know how to use a dictionary (which I doubt), and look up the definition of curse, you will find it says:" An appeal to a supernatural power for evil or injury to befall someone or something." Use of the word "shit" is profanity. There is a vast difference between the two. Oh well, I guess since you are not a true and long-time Giants fan, you don't care what eggie says or maybe you are a closet Giant hater.

Do you really want to get into a pissing match with me again.

Didn't you see what happened last time?

I'm sure you remember this

QUOTE(US Patriot @ Aug 18 2007, 07:30 PM) *

I never got 4.0 in college and I never claimed I did. However, I am very glad to see that you admit that you are kid who doesn't know jack-shit. If you continue to properly mature, you will not be a waste of life and someday be an intelligent contributing member of society.

Of course you just totally dismiss the points that I laid out for you. Of course

I would never suspect that you just fling shit on the wall and hope it sticks.

Of course he tells me to act mature while he said this about the owners of the Giants:

They won't spend any of their money to get Big Bad Mike back on the field to lead the defense because they are greedy f-cks who care nothing for the team or the fans. Their only interest is their own bank accounts. I wish painful, bad health conditions on both of them.

This wouldn't be the first time I've pointed out major flaws in your inane, ludicrous

posts. A man who tells me to be mature while wishing painful health conditions to two

philanthropists because they didn't give Michael Strahan more money.

1. Mike, you signed a front loaded contract. You made your bed, now lie in it.

2. US Patriot, try not to sound like a hypocrite anymore. I know probably tough for you,

just try it.

He is bold, I'm italics.