SportsWrath

Panthers vs. Giants 8pm

jerseygiantfan

The definition of threading the needle, but the refs missed Eli going past the LOS before he threw the ball. Got away with one there.

Defense truly looks like shit right now.

That's when Eli is at his best, when he steps up in the pocket and makes

a good throw. He was 3/5 in the game and only one was a bad pass.

Maybe be Palmer and Gilbride have helped him alot.

Anthony Wright sucks ass, wow.

well like Howard cross said he was the only veteran on the offense in all of his series .I mean more than half of them were not even second string. Matt Lentz was at center and he had a few bad snaps .

Next week we can see how he will work with the seconds and some firsts . J-load will have the night off and we get to see Hasselbeck play his last quarter as a Giant .

I missed the the first 3 quarters but I have it on DVR so I will watch the whole game some time today. I saw some of Bradshaw's. He looks promising but also needs some work he has some good open field moves . Grant had some nice runs also. I heard ward had a hell of a return . Did not hear much from Jacobs. I guess Droughns had a good run .

but any way I will have to come back with more after I watch the game.

well like Howard cross said he was the only veteran on the offense in all of his series .I mean more than half of them were not even second string. Matt Lentz was at center and he had a few bad snaps .

Next week we can see how he will work with the seconds and some firsts . J-load will have the night off and we get to see Hasselbeck play his last quarter as a Giant .

I missed the the first 3 quarters but I have it on DVR so I will watch the whole game some time today. I saw some of Bradshaw's. He looks promising but also needs some work he has some good open field moves . Grant had some nice runs also. I heard ward had a hell of a return . Did not hear much from Jacobs. I guess Droughns had a good run .

but any way I will have to come back with more after I watch the game.

Anthony Wright looked like he didn't belong with the third team.

Liked what I saw with Bradshaw.

The first team defense played very poorly. LBs where out of position / over persuing and both ends on the line where way to soft. Obviously this is only the first pre season game but this had better get cleaned up before September or it will be a long season.

enough of the negatives though.

Lorenzen looked very good. The kid has always had a cannon as we all know but now seems in much better control of the flow of the game. He made some nice decisions including an audible to the draw that yielded Ward's 5 yard td.

Tuck had two real nice tackles working down the line from the backside on runs.

his speed is quite evident out there.

Bradshaw showed some real quickness / explosiveness in the open field.

DeOssie will be fine as Kuels replacement snapping and had a nice sack ( they gave him 1/2 officialy but he brought the pressure ) as well as two tackles.

Will Demps had a great sack and made the key block that sprang Ward on his long kickoff return.

Diehl looked reasonably comfortable and handled his duties at LT well.

anyone else think this cat Dahl is going to be gone during the first set of cuts??? He did not help himself at all last night.

I'm watching it too...and I concur.

Talk about overpursuing!!! LB crew is out of position damn near every play.

kind of hate to bring it up but if you are watching now check out the play of Beason for the Panthers. He had a great debut last night.

Tuck's bulked up quite a bit. He was impressive. I have no idea why Willie Slow is ahead of him on the DE depth chart.

Interesting that Demps started on the 2nd team tonight. He wiffed a tackle just before his sack.

from what I have heard ther is a lot of talk of a platoon on the left side with Joseph playing on running downs and Tuck playing on obvious passing downs. That having been said Joseph played pretty soft on the left edge last night and Tuck looked pretty good on some plays that went to the offensive left or the defensive right pursuing from the backside so.......

I am going to have to scan the NFL Network and try and watch this. It's bizarro world that the O was much better than the D when the D looked so promising in practice. Was Kiwanuka any good or was he as bad as his training camp reports?

I am going to have to scan the NFL Network and try and watch this. It's bizarro world that the O was much better than the D when the D looked so promising in practice. Was Kiwanuka any good or was he as bad as his training camp reports?

Dragon's Preseason Game 1 Review

I'm going to chalk Eli's one bad throw (That he got completely ripped apart for) to not being used to Jennings. I'm willing to bet that if that's Plax or Toomer that's a catch.

Aside from that one throw, Eli looked pretty good. Had this been a regular season game, I would've liked to see a lot more passes going Shockey's way.

Moss was okay. He showed good speed, but made some bad decisions (Going outside on the end-around instead of inside. Jennings was forcing the CB outside and Moss ran right into him). He also needs to be more decisive on his punt returns.

Kiwi needs work, as expected. Out of position far too much. He'll get better with more experience.

Defense all around looked terrible, but they do every preseason. I'll need to see them in a regular season game before I can pass judgement on them. Could be that they're not used to the new defensive scheme or it could be that Spags is just running a vanilla defense.

Tuck played well. Showed good speed from the backside.

Aside from the fumble, Bradshaw was a lot better than I thought that he would be. He kind of reminds me of a former Giants RB that could make something out of a play that's seemingly going nowhere.

I started praying last night and will continue until the season ends. Lord, Please don't let ANYONE on our O-Line go down with an injury. For it will surely cause the death of Eli Manning.

Jacobs looked a little hesitant, but then he ran over like 40 people.

Great screen pass to Droughns, and Douglas looked good the one time I saw him with the ball.

I gotta see more of this team to make a fair assessment of them. The game was wierd, but it served as a fix after the seven months of withdrawl from our last game.

Dragon's Preseason Game 1 Review

I'm going to chalk Eli's one bad throw (That he got completely ripped apart for) to not being used to Jennings. I'm willing to bet that if that's Plax or Toomer that's a catch.

Aside from that one throw, Eli looked pretty good. Had this been a regular season game, I would've liked to see a lot more passes going Shockey's way.

Moss was okay. He showed good speed, but made some bad decisions (Going outside on the end-around instead of inside. Jennings was forcing the CB outside and Moss ran right into him). He also needs to be more decisive on his punt returns.

Kiwi needs work, as expected. Out of position far too much. He'll get better with more experience.

Defense all around looked terrible, but they do every preseason. I'll need to see them in a regular season game before I can pass judgement on them. Could be that they're not used to the new defensive scheme or it could be that Spags is just running a vanilla defense.

Tuck played well. Showed good speed from the backside.

Aside from the fumble, Bradshaw was a lot better than I thought that he would be. He kind of reminds me of a former Giants RB that could make something out of a play that's seemingly going nowhere.

I started praying last night and will continue until the season ends. Lord, Please don't let ANYONE on our O-Line go down with an injury. For it will surely cause the death of Eli Manning.

Jacobs looked a little hesitant, but then he ran over like 40 people.

Great screen pass to Droughns, and Douglas looked good the one time I saw him with the ball.

I gotta see more of this team to make a fair assessment of them. The game was wierd, but it served as a fix after the seven months of withdrawl from our last game.

I wish that The Heft Lefty had played the entire 4th quarter. We might have won. Putting in that useless discard from other teams (Smith) just about guaranted that we would go nowhere. Trade him for 3 cases of beer and treat the remaining players. :LMAO:

Thanks for the summary. I hope the D was just a vanilla D and the first one is always going to show some ugliness. If it's this bad after our first regular season game then it's time to sweat (which is less than a month away :rock: ).

I wish that The Heft Lefty had played the entire 4th quarter. We might have won. Putting in that useless discard from other teams (Smith) just about guaranted that we would go nowhere. Trade him for 3 cases of beer and treat the remaining players. :LMAO:

We don't have a quarterback on the roster with the last name

Smith.

We don't have a quarterback on the roster with the last name

Smith.

Thats what i was thinkin when I read this, maybe he means Wright. I always thought Wright was decent, I dont know whats up with him.

KIWI, its only one preseason game, but thats one of my fears. Why couldnt we give Blackburn a shot and keep kiwi at DE? I think Chase is a fine athelete, I cant remember, does he play OLB, or MLB?