SportsWrath

Panthers vs. Giants 8pm

jerseygiantfan

Hard for Wright to make a play from the pressure he was getting.

I liked some of the running very much.

I thought the defense showed some incredibly poor continuity.

I still don't like the pacing of our of offense.

I did like the dump off to the Fullback, that was well-done.

Overall, I think the good news is that we'll all be pumped by the opportunity to get better considering how bad we looked.

from what I have heard ther is a lot of talk of a platoon on the left side with Joseph playing on running downs and Tuck playing on obvious passing downs. That having been said Joseph played pretty soft on the left edge last night and Tuck looked pretty good on some plays that went to the offensive left or the defensive right pursuing from the backside so.......

Exactly. Joseph looked terrible against the run, far too easily contained, while Tuck was a stand-out.

Thanks for the summary. I hope the D was just a vanilla D and the first one is always going to show some ugliness. If it's this bad after our first regular season game then it's time to sweat (which is less than a month away :rock: ).

I don't think it was the "Fire Zone" D he's installed...at least I hope not. Some good blitzing which was an encouraging sign. The seconday just looked lost though.

Tuck's bulked up quite a bit. He was impressive. I have no idea why Willie Slow is ahead of him on the DE depth chart.

Interesting that Demps started on the 2nd team tonight. He wiffed a tackle just before his sack.

This guy may have lost his starting job, is playing against second stringers, and gets up and celebrates every single tackle he made like it was a playoff game. I like intensity, but you would think he would just buckle his chin strap and play as hard as he can without the show boating. I guess he has to get noticed somehow.

I don't think it was the "Fire Zone" D he's installed...at least I hope not. Some good blitzing which was an encouraging sign. The seconday just looked lost though.

I'm really shock howbad Kevin Dockery played Saturday night. I'm really pulling for this guy to be our nickle corner.

I'm really shock howbad Kevin Dockery played Saturday night. I'm really pulling for this guy to be our nickle corner.

he didn't help himself in practice yesterday either. supposedly he gave Lorenzen a pretty vicious shot.

anyone else think this cat Dahl is going to be gone during the first set of cuts??? He did not help himself at all last night.

Like I told you H..this guy is the kid of a friend of a friend of mine so I'm rooting for him...but......damn. ....

It just kept getting worse and worse...first he goes for the head hunt when he had a sure Interception....like the hitting...hate the brain work...oh..and the penalty....then he is totally out of position on two TDs...though if he gets cut owing to those two plays...both the corners on those two plays will be right behind him.

Seemed ok on run support and Punt/Kick off coverage....but they don't need him for that if he can't be a third or fourth safety. Didn't get the feeling he doesn't have the wheels and size to play at this level...but jesus...no brains at all.

He is way behind the power curve.....

When are the first cuts?

C. Wagon

Like I told you H..this guy is the kid of a friend of a friend of mine so I'm rooting for him...but......damn. ....

It just kept getting worse and worse...first he goes for the head hunt when he had a sure Interception....like the hitting...hate the brain work...oh..and the penalty....then he is totally out of position on two TDs...though if he gets cut owing to those two plays...both the corners on those two plays will be right behind him.

Seemed ok on run support and Punt/Kick off coverage....but they don't need him for that if he can't be a third or fourth safety. Didn't get the feeling he doesn't have the wheels and size to play at this level...but jesus...no brains at all.

He is way behind the power curve.....

When are the first cuts?

C. Wagon

I not trying to add more fuel to the fire. But that eye popping hit either.