SportsWrath

help me

Lughead

bloglogo.gif

Tiki Barber Planning a “Tell-All” Book?

By Dan Benton | June 24th, 2007

E-mail | Print | Share

060207_tiki_vmed_5p.widec.jpg Barber - Bill Kostroun / AP file

Could former Giants running back Tiki Barber really be thinking about breaking the most important unwritten rule in sports? It’s common knowledge that what happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room — but is looks like Barber is choosing to ignore that motto.

Apparently, Barber is planning a tell-all book detailing “what is really going on behind the scenes in those steamy, sweaty locker rooms,” according to gossip all-star Cindy Adams.

By the end of his career, Barber was known for shooting off his mouth — in fact, he had no problems throwing his coach/teammates under the bus, so this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Barber backed out of the game and never thought twice about it. He became fixated on his post-NFL career and wanted to be the media.

Now he, like Jose Canseco before him, plans to air out the dirty laundry. Will his book make the NFL look as bad as Canseco’s did the MLB? That remains to be seen, but I can assure you that there are a lot of New York Giants fearing that there personal lives are about to be exposed.

And truthfully, this kind of news is depressing. What happened to you, Tiki Barber?

he Got a bad case of assholeitus

BTW has any one seen the "MEDIA WHORE " at work yet???? Not I

Got anymore on this? How do you know he aint gonna just show behind the scenes at training camp, and players after practice in the locker room. Does this writer have anymore detailed info?

Im sorry, but I never thought what Tiki did was as bad as most make it out to be. So he didnt like Coughlin, we knew that. Most of us dont. :rolleyes:

Got anymore on this? How do you know he aint gonna just show behind the scenes at training camp, and players after practice in the locker room. Does this writer have anymore detailed info?

Im sorry, but I never thought what Tiki did was as bad as most make it out to be. So he didnt like Coughlin, we knew that. Most of us dont. :rolleyes:

what he did was quit on the team and quit on the fans he went out the wrong way , kinda like a little bitch .

i saw him mugging for the camera and sampling ice cream on the today show. it was sad. he looked clumsy and out of place. i predict he'll be gone shortly.

what he did was quit on the team and quit on the fans he went out the wrong way , kinda like a little bitch .

I didnt like him leaving early either and think he had a couple left in him and he would still be able to walk for his kids after playing. But he made a business decision, sorry, Tiki just must have forgot he lives his life for you. :rolleyes:

Its not that bad.

Yea, and why shouldnt he dislike Coughlin? Coughlin only completely turned his career around, and stopped every one from thinking Tiki was the joke of the league. Thanks to Coughlin, Tiki will one day be considered for the HOF. Tiki is a ungreatful peice of trash. He shows more and more of what a classless piece of trash he is everytime he opens his mouth. Fuck Tiki Barber.

i saw him mugging for the camera and sampling ice cream on the today show. it was sad. he looked clumsy and out of place. i predict he'll be gone shortly.

he's in for a rude awakening. his peers are no longer football players who left school early

he's in for a rude awakening. his peers are no longer football players who left school early

And that's why he will end up on ESPN or someplace where's it's easy to look smart when you're surrounded by people who can barely pronounce their words properly. Hey here's to his new career tanking and coming out of retirement. Of course if BJac produces this year then he can be the backup. :ph34r:

He can easliy replace Theismann on ESPN broadcasts.... oooopppppsss too late. Now if someone can only hit those three McNabb-sausage-slurping tools (Hodge, Salisbury & Jaworski) with a bus ESPN would be in business.

Back to the topic at hand, what the hell is this book gonna say? Coughlin is a douche? Strahan likes to cheat on his wife? Shockey gets more ass than a toilet seat? Tell us something we don't know & then you can color me impressed.

Possible book titles:

Point the cameras at me, I'm retiring!

Why I Hate Mike (The philosophy differences between offense and defense).

Why are we abandoning the running game?!?!!?!? (With a short foward by John Hufnagel)

Things Ronde has done better than me!

Yea, and why shouldnt he dislike Coughlin? Coughlin only completely turned his career around, and stopped every one from thinking Tiki was the joke of the league. Thanks to Coughlin, Tiki will one day be considered for the HOF. Tiki is a ungreatful peice of trash. He shows more and more of what a classless piece of trash he is everytime he opens his mouth. Fuck Tiki Barber.

LOL!! Uhhh, OK. And I thought more from you JayD.Tiki never ONCE, sd he was ungrateful for showin him how to carry the ball. He is entitled to his own opinions, and more importantly, I guarantee you didnt say this stuff when he was on the team. So he shoulda played till he couldnt walk to please you??? LOL, get a life. Like Tiki has.

Look, you people make more of it than it is. Lets see the book. And if he is dishin out what he shouldnt, then I'll be the 1st to eat crow. Remember when Strahan got that big contract then bitched?? I bet you were screamin for his head back then. Now, what, you love him, dont you?? The reason I say you guys are goin overboard is its impossible to love someone one minute, and absolutley hate him the next. I havent read he raped kids or killed his mother. He's just in the media now, somethin he's wanted to do for sometime, after football. Media people get asked questions, and the reason I respect him, is when asked these questions....he dont lie. ;)

The Dog finds all of this quite amusing...it wasn't but a year ago that everyone was up in arms that Sean Alexander was edging out Barber for league MVP, and now everyone is dismissing him, in spite of the fact that the Giants would not have been even the mediocre team they have been without him in the line-up...and as far as what Barber said - why does everyone defend Shockey who shoots his mouth off weekly, and yet crucify Barber for doing it (most likely becasue he is retiring early, which is his right...)...Time will tell, but the Dog is quite certain that Giant fans will be missing Barber's production this year...

The Dog finds all of this quite amusing...it wasn't but a year ago that everyone was up in arms that Sean Alexander was edging out Barber for league MVP, and now everyone is dismissing him, in spite of the fact that the Giants would not have been even the mediocre team they have been without him in the line-up...and as far as what Barber said - why does everyone defend Shockey who shoots his mouth off weekly, and yet crucify Barber for doing it (most likely becasue he is retiring early, which is his right...)...Time will tell, but the Dog is quite certain that Giant fans will be missing Barber's production this year...
'

the dog doesn't really get the concept here. people here love what he did for the giants, no one is taking that away. but, because we are giants fans we don't like when people shoot their mouths off about the team for their own promotional purposes. shockey may be a loudmouth but when he speaks, its for the betterment of the team, may be ill advised but he means well. tivi is into blatant self promotion at this point.

'

the dog doesn't really get the concept here. people here love what he did for the giants, no one is taking that away. but, because we are giants fans we don't like when people shoot their mouths off about the team for their own promotional purposes. shockey may be a loudmouth but when he speaks, its for the betterment of the team, may be ill advised but he means well. tivi is into blatant self promotion at this point.

Hmmm....OK. Just so the Dog has down the correct protocol - When Shockey complains about coaching/adamentaly shakes his head on the field when Manning over throws him/etc...it is for the betterment of the team...likewise when Burress partakes of the same action - all of that is good...but when Barber verbalized the same, that was for self-promotion....Now the Dog has it...WOO!!

i think the dog understands my point. but if the dog wants to act like he doesn't , so be it. i don't have the time to argue.

No argument from the Dog - Just looking for clarification...there just seems to be some confusion as to what is acceptable whining from team mebers and what is not...

like the admiral said before, tiki was WAY more beloved than shockey. you'll find plenty of people on this site and on giants.com who think that shockey is overrated and/or we should get rid of him.

just because some fans have finally realized that tiki is a self-promoting jerk who only cares about himself (took some of us longer than others to realize this) doesn't mean that shockey gets a free pass. the dog made an incorrect assumption in thinking that the fan base is united in its love for shockey.

like the admiral said before, tiki was WAY more beloved than shockey. you'll find plenty of people on this site and on giants.com who think that shockey is overrated and/or we should get rid of him.

just because some fans have finally realized that tiki is a self-promoting jerk who only cares about himself (took some of us longer than others to realize this) doesn't mean that shockey gets a free pass. the dog made an incorrect assumption in thinking that the fan base is united in its love for shockey.

The Dog made no such assumption - just responding to an earlier post in the thread stating that Shockey whines, ummm, speaks out for the "betterment" of the team...The Dog does not condone whining of any kind...

The Dog made no such assumption - just responding to an earlier post in the thread stating that Shockey whines, ummm, speaks out for the "betterment" of the team...The Dog does not condone whining of any kind...

the post the dog is referring to was made in response to the dog's intial post in this thread. he brought up shockey first and made an assumption that we all give him a free pass--this is the part of the dog's point that the admiral respectfully disagrees with

the post the dog is referring to was made in response to the dog's intial post in this thread. he brought up shockey first and made an assumption that we all give him a free pass--this is the part of the dog's point that the admiral respectfully disagrees with

The Dog thinks you make a fair point - that was not the Dog's intent (the Dog was speaking in general terms), but in the future, the Dog will humbily be sure to speak in specifics...

To change accordingly, the Dog believes that it is the opinion of a number of fans that what Shockey does is considered an acceptable level of whining as oppossed to what Barber did...As always, the Italian Hotdog thanks you for your continued efforts...