SportsWrath

help me

Lughead

seriously though, you dont see a difference between shockey and tiki? i'm not aware of shockey saying anything or manipulating the media for the sole purpose of putting money in his pockets like tiki did the past few years.

The Dog made no such assumption - just responding to an earlier post in the thread stating that Shockey whines, ummm, speaks out for the "betterment" of the team...The Dog does not condone whining of any kind...

the 'lunatic' feels the dog is taking his words out of context. my implication is at least shockey feels that he is speaking out for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team. tivi has no other intention but his own spin and publicity. the lunatic thanks the admiral for his support.

The Dog finds all of this quite amusing...it wasn't but a year ago that everyone was up in arms that Sean Alexander was edging out Barber for league MVP, and now everyone is dismissing him, in spite of the fact that the Giants would not have been even the mediocre team they have been without him in the line-up...and as far as what Barber said - why does everyone defend Shockey who shoots his mouth off weekly, and yet crucify Barber for doing it (most likely becasue he is retiring early, which is his right...)...Time will tell, but the Dog is quite certain that Giant fans will be missing Barber's production this year...

NOW....we agree. :clap:

'

the dog doesn't really get the concept here. people here love what he did for the giants, no one is taking that away. but, because we are giants fans we don't like when people shoot their mouths off about the team for their own promotional purposes. shockey may be a loudmouth but when he speaks, its for the betterment of the team, may be ill advised but he means well. tivi is into blatant self promotion at this point.

blunatic, first let me say I remember you from way back, so I have no problem with you. :)

But this is the point I am having trouble understanding, the highlited part of your statement. Why is it SELF PROMOTION?? He is in the media!! He is SUPPOSED to talk! :doh: And he is only saying what we already know.

blunatic, first let me say I remember you from way back, so I have no problem with you. :)

But this is the point I am having trouble understanding, the highlited part of your statement. Why is it SELF PROMOTION?? He is in the media!! He is SUPPOSED to talk! :doh: And he is only saying what we already know.

thank you, big blue. i have no problem with anyone. it's just a discussion. as far as tiki goes, he doesn't have to air the dirty laundry of the team to enrich his publicity. you don't see parcells talking shit about TO on ESPN. He just wouldn't do that because it's not professional. Besides, he can rely on his own talent as a broadcaster. when tiki complains about the past, he's creating publicity, or self promoting. really, he's getting bad advice from TV people looking for immediate gains, and they don't give 2 shits about his long term career.

thank you, big blue. i have no problem with anyone. it's just a discussion. as far as tiki goes, he doesn't have to air the dirty laundry of the team to enrich his publicity. you don't see parcells talking shit about TO on ESPN. He just wouldn't do that because it's not professional. Besides, he can rely on his own talent as a broadcaster. when tiki complains about the past, he's creating publicity, or self promoting. really, he's getting bad advice from TV people looking for immediate gains, and they don't give 2 shits about his long term career.

See, I think we're close to agreein on this one, the thing we dont see eye to eye on is where you keep saying its for his personal gain, or enrichment. I dont believe thats what it is at all. Parcells isnt saying anything about T.O.(that we know of) because he's is not in the media rite now. Give him a chance, Im sure he will.

See, I think we're close to agreein on this one, the thing we dont see eye to eye on is where you keep saying its for his personal gain, or enrichment. I dont believe thats what it is at all. Parcells isnt saying anything about T.O.(that we know of) because he's is not in the media rite now. Give him a chance, Im sure he will.

Parcells has been in the media in the past, and never spoke negatively about former teams/players that I know of. I don't see how you assume that he'll suddenly start; particularly since he's probably beginning his countdown to the HOF.

Simms never did, and he had way more reason to trash Young/Reeves than Tiki has to trash Coughlin. Between letting Handley play Hostetler and cutting him when they did, Young might have cost Simms the HOF.

If anything, Coughlin helped make it possible to put Tiki and the Hall of Fame in the same sentence. Because if you think it happens without his last 3 seasons, you're kidding yourself.

So how is this anything but self-promotion--and at the lowest level at that?

Parcells has been in the media in the past, and never spoke negatively about former teams/players that I know of. I don't see how you assume that he'll suddenly start; particularly since he's probably beginning his countdown to the HOF.

Simms never did, and he had way more reason to trash Young/Reeves than Tiki has to trash Coughlin. Between letting Handley play Hostetler and cutting him when they did, Young might have cost Simms the HOF.

If anything, Coughlin helped make it possible to put Tiki and the Hall of Fame in the same sentence. Because if you think it happens without his last 3 seasons, you're kidding yourself.

So how is this anything but self-promotion--and at the lowest level at that?

Because Parcells is not as talkative as Tiki, I guess. Everyone is missing the point. What is Tiki saying, THAT WE ARENT ALREADY SAYING??? Its like saying, "Shit, we got Coughlin another couple yrs?? He should be fired!" (Like many on here have said, dont even attempt to lie), and then hearing Tiki say it, and cursing Tiki out. WHA?????

I just find it hilarious that Tiki was once almost god like to you all, now you hate him for saying what youre saying. Kinda ridiculous, dont ya think?

Because Parcells is not as talkative as Tiki, I guess. Everyone is missing the point. What is Tiki saying, THAT WE ARENT ALREADY SAYING??? Its like saying, "Shit, we got Coughlin another couple yrs?? He should be fired!" (Like many on here have said, dont even attempt to lie), and then hearing Tiki say it, and cursing Tiki out. WHA?????

I just find it hilarious that Tiki was once almost god like to you all, now you hate him for saying what youre saying. Kinda ridiculous, dont ya think?

No, it's not the same. I never collected a check from the Giants. However, the Giants have received money from me. You're using the rules that are reasonable for a consumer, and applying them to an employee--which aren't interchangeable.

Conversely, I don't go to the press and complain that my company was out-managed. If I see a problem, I go to my supervisor. I don't quit and start talking trash about my previous employer in my new position.

And Tiki was never god like to me. He was very impressive the last three years, but was slightly better than average yardage-wise before then, and average at best when his fumbling was added in.

what he did was great but the way he finished was asinine . what was the first story he had as a journalist (and I use the tern loosely) nothing but another chance to bitch about coughlin. more or less he (Tivi as blunatic calls him :LMAO: ) was right and coughlin was wrong .

he couldn't ride out another season and wait for "his" (Coughlin's replacement) and what if coughlin won't get replaced what would that mean about our record????

he quit the team , he quit the fans but he didn't quit running his mouth I dont know where you come from BIGBLUE but a guy that quits on his peers and still negatively runs his mouth like he is "in the business" is usually not very well liked after that now if he was putting a positive spin on things that would be different but he claims coughlin drove him to quit and just wont let it go

he wrote a book knowing it would be a "HOT ITEM" this fall when it came time to talk about Giants RB's, a tell all book? and what will this book do? nothing but promote TIVI.............. it sure ain't going to be a tell all book about how he likes doing his wifes laundry now.

He won't go anywhere in less then 2 years it will be TIki who? reporter , journalist or whatever I know a Tiki that used to play for the Giants that gave it his all until he crapped out on his coach off the field in his last year, thats the only Tiki I know.

what he did was great but the way he finished was asinine . what was the first story he had as a journalist (and I use the tern loosely) nothing but another chance to bitch about coughlin. more or less he (Tivi as blunatic calls him :LMAO: ) was right and coughlin was wrong .

he couldn't ride out another season and wait for "his" (Coughlin's replacement) and what if coughlin won't get replaced what would that mean about our record????

he quit the team , he quit the fans but he didn't quit running his mouth I dont know where you come from BIGBLUE but a guy that quits on his peers and still negatively runs his mouth like he is "in the business" is usually not very well liked after that now if he was putting a positive spin on things that would be different but he claims coughlin drove him to quit and just wont let it go

he wrote a book knowing it would be a "HOT ITEM" this fall when it came time to talk about Giants RB's, a tell all book? and what will this book do? nothing but promote TIVI.............. it sure ain't going to be a tell all book about how he likes doing his wifes laundry now.

He won't go anywhere in less then 2 years it will be TIki who? reporter , journalist or whatever I know a Tiki that used to play for the Giants that gave it his all until he crapped out on his coach off the field in his last year, thats the only Tiki I know.

Why dont you tell us how you really feel Lug? :LMAO:

Big Blue, i feel you have to separate the man in uniform from the man. I'm a SF Giants fan and I love watching Barry Bonds play baseball (let's not go off on tangents here, I'm just making a point). He has a great eye and a sweet swing. He's also respectful between the lines.

When he takes that uniform off and puts street duds on, another story entirely and a separate judgement. I would not cross the street to shake his hand. From your definition, that makes me a hypocrite.

well said

You know why he couldnt ride out another season?? BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO! Thats like you telling your excompany, that although you have a different opportunity, that is not only lucrative, but its something you dreamed of all your life, you'll ride out another yr there. Just so you can please them. :confused:

I hear everyone complaining about him quitting on the team. Thats a fan talking. What if someone told you to not chase your dreams to make them happy? How quickly would you tell them to go f**k themselves??

Again, he talks, because he is in the media. How can you not understand that?

You know why he couldnt ride out another season?? BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO! Thats like you telling your excompany, that although you have a different opportunity, that is not only lucrative, but its something you dreamed of all your life, you'll ride out another yr there. Just so you can please them. :confused:

I hear everyone complaining about him quitting on the team. Thats a fan talking. What if someone told you to not chase your dreams to make them happy? How quickly would you tell them to go f**k themselves??

Again, he talks, because he is in the media. How can you not understand that?

i agree with you about that and have no issue with him leaving on his own terms. Media is supposed to report news, not dish dirt on co-workers and the people who supported them it's odd you cannot understand this.

i agree with you about that and have no issue with him leaving on his own terms. Media is supposed to report news, not dish dirt on co-workers and the people who supported them it's odd you cannot understand this.

See blunatic, thats where the missunderstanding may lie. What dirt is he dishing? The book? We dont even know what the book will say at this point. Is it the Coughlin remarks? WE ALL make those remarks.

If the book is unscrupulous, I will be the 1st to eat crow, I promise.

BTW...how do you feel about your GS Warriors? Think they got a shot next yr?

Got anymore on this? How do you know he aint gonna just show behind the scenes at training camp, and players after practice in the locker room. Does this writer have anymore detailed info?

Im sorry, but I never thought what Tiki did was as bad as most make it out to be. So he didnt like Coughlin, we knew that. Most of us dont. :rolleyes:

Actually what he did was very bad. He's a professional and should conduct himself accordingly. If you don't like your job, quit. Don't throw your coaches and teammates under the bus. Tiki was a good athlete and his best years were under Coughlin.. let's not forget that.

I don't even know why we're still talking about the asshole.

Actually what he did was very bad. He's a professional and should conduct himself accordingly. If you don't like your job, quit. Don't throw your coaches and teammates under the bus. Tiki was a good athlete and his best years were under Coughlin.. let's not forget that.

I don't even know why we're still talking about the asshole.

But its OK for those of us who have never met the man, to talk shit about him? Because we all have.

See, he's not throwin anyone under the bus, he was asked questions, and he answered them. Truthfully.

Big Blue, we are talking about a man who pisses on the guy who made him a star, inturn he is pissing on the Giants. You dont think potencial FA's werent listening to Tiki bash our coach? He does nothing but hurt the Giants with his crying rants. I dont care that he retired (although I think it was a dumb move) but just stfu and retire then. There is no need for him to run his mouth. What makes this worse is before last year everyone including myself put him in a class among the elite as far as class goes. But now he has shown his true colors, and I hope Brandon Breaks every damn record he had.

Big Blue, we are talking about a man who pisses on the guy who made him a star, inturn he is pissing on the Giants. You dont think potencial FA's werent listening to Tiki bash our coach? He does nothing but hurt the Giants with his crying rants. I dont care that he retired (although I think it was a dumb move) but just stfu and retire then. There is no need for him to run his mouth. What makes this worse is before last year everyone including myself put him in a class among the elite as far as class goes. But now he has shown his true colors, and I hope Brandon Breaks every damn record he had.

Actually, I hope Brandon does too, he's our guy now. But as for Tiki, maybe I havent heard all that has been said, maybe thats the problem. Because I dont know what he's saying thats so bad. Coughlin was an a-hole?? Yeah, we know. :rolleyes:

Its time to move on from MeMe Barber. Anyone watch his performance during the fireworks celebration on Channel 4 during the 4th of July. Stiff and robotic is not the word. While he did not trip on any words it was like watching a talking card board cut out. Hopefully he will find a Coughlin in the broadcast field. And Coughlin learned his technique on how to hold onto the ball from Otis Anderson. He used to give clinics to the Giants youngsters while he was here. I used to write open letters to the Giants begging them to show Fumbling Ass Tiki Barber how to hold onto the ball. Thank God Coach Cheer Leader took notes. Otherwise MeMe would have been dropping the ball 2-3 times a game over the past 3 years.

Its time to move on from MeMe Barber. Anyone watch his performance during the fireworks celebration on Channel 4 during the 4th of July. Stiff and robotic is not the word. While he did not trip on any words it was like watching a talking card board cut out. Hopefully he will find a Coughlin in the broadcast field. And Coughlin learned his technique on how to hold onto the ball from Otis Anderson. He used to give clinics to the Giants youngsters while he was here. I used to write open letters to the Giants begging them to show Fumbling Ass Tiki Barber how to hold onto the ball. Thank God Coach Cheer Leader took notes. Otherwise MeMe would have been dropping the ball 2-3 times a game over the past 3 years.

:confused::confused:

Yeah, I must be missin something. I still dont see why everyones turning on Tiki.