SportsWrath

help me

Lughead

Tiki's status as a big complainer is overblown. Yes, he's said a few things, but let's not make him out to be Jeff George; I mean he was a committed team player on the field and I dare anyone to challenge his performance.

As for saying a few things, well I wish he wouldn't have, but I also remember LT talking about one of his team's performances stating something to the effect of "the whole team quite, coaches, players, etc."

I don't think he was wrong in that case, but it's worth noting that it didn't define him.

We're all really pissed because we bought into TIki getting his due and just when he was a bankable talent, he cut out. Oh well, big deal. His book may just tell a whole lot about his Momma in the beginning, his brother and him coming up and the early years in the league, Kerry vs. Eli, and end up with the overload of work and discipline; that sounds like what you'd expect not some scathing attack on all things Giants. Besides that most of us forgave people like Shockey for calling our patron saint (Parcells) a faggot, so shooting you mouth off doesn't keep you out of Giants heaven.

I won't be watching the Today show just to see him interveiw some girlscouts from Idaho that made the nation's largest quilt, but I will watch replays that show him following his blocks and turning nothing into something again and again...

Perhaps it's not the NY media that blows these things up but fans that love attack their own like hungry wolves....someone cue JackStroud again please....

Tiki's status as a big complainer is overblown. Yes, he's said a few things, but let's not make him out to be Jeff George; I mean he was a committed team player on the field and I dare anyone to challenge his performance.

As for saying a few things, well I wish he wouldn't have, but I also remember LT talking about one of his team's performances stating something to the effect of "the whole team quite, coaches, players, etc."

I don't think he was wrong in that case, but it's worth noting that it didn't define him.

We're all really pissed because we bought into TIki getting his due and just when he was a bankable talent, he cut out. Oh well, big deal. His book may just tell a whole lot about his Momma in the beginning, his brother and him coming up and the early years in the league, Kerry vs. Eli, and end up with the overload of work and discipline; that sounds like what you'd expect not some scathing attack on all things Giants. Besides that most of us forgave people like Shockey for calling our patron saint (Parcells) a faggot, so shooting you mouth off doesn't keep you out of Giants heaven.

I won't be watching the Today show just to see him interveiw some girlscouts from Idaho that made the nation's largest quilt, but I will watch replays that show him following his blocks and turning nothing into something again and again...

Perhaps it's not the NY media that blows these things up but fans that love attack their own like hungry wolves....someone cue JackStroud again please....

Yeah, this is what Im thinking. :rolleyes:

JackStroud...LOL!!

I love Tiki for what he has done on the field the last couple of years....That being said he always and I mean always... bashed...he bashed Fassel when he was here he bashed Strahand for his hold out a couple of years ago. He repeatedly bashed Tom....I truly think we will be better as a team then we were when he was here. There my not be as good a Giants RB as Tiki ever again...But as far as the locker room goes he was a constant headache and from what I have read and heard from other players he wasn't liked by the rest of his team do to his arrogance

I love Tiki for what he has done on the field the last couple of years....That being said he always and I mean always... bashed...he bashed Fassel when he was here he bashed Strahand for his hold out a couple of years ago. He repeatedly bashed Tom....I truly think we will be better as a team then we were when he was here. There my not be as good a Giants RB as Tiki ever again...But as far as the locker room goes he was a constant headache and from what I have read and heard from other players he wasn't liked by the rest of his team do to his arrogance

See, Ive never heard it this way B4. I know he spoke out on these things, but theyre all things we all complained about too. I remember goin on Giants .com when we were all on back then and everyone rippin Strahan for his contract situation. Tiki was always like a leader, so I always thought of it as him speakin out, not him being diruptive. But I wasnt in the locker room. Only they know.

he had no business talking about strahan's contract situation. i was on the fence about tiki before that comment but after that forget it--i rooted for him when he had the giants uniform on and that's it. and this is coming from someone who agrees with everything he said about coughlin--but his intentions have always sucked