SportsWrath

Another bonehead play by Plaxico

RandolphScott

Giant comes up small

May 20, 2007 -- IT'S hard out there for a professional athlete who gets no attention from the usually man-hungry ladies at Clifton, N.J., nightspot The Bliss Club. Sources say New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress insulted female patrons there and "left the club without paying his $2,000 tab."

It seemed that Burress was upset Wednesday night because "no women were paying any attention to him."

Spies at Bliss told Page Six Burress came in at around 11 p.m., but stayed only about 90 minutes. While he lounged at the VIP table overlooking the dance floor, Burress and his crew "kept the cocktail waitress running back and forth," ordering "several rounds of Dom Perignon and Grey Goose."

The worst offense? "He didn't even tip his cocktail waitress," said a source, who noted that Burress and his crew "were obviously on the prowl." At one point, said the witness, Plaxico "got up from his VIP table and approached a group of girls at the bar."

That's when he propositioned a female patron out of the blue. "She just yelled back, 'You've got the wrong girl,' " relates our witness. Burress was spotted storming out minutes later "without returning to his table or paying his tab."

The NFLer, recently praised in the press for attending voluntary workouts during the Giants' off-season, was also snubbing male fans at the club. Spies said he refused to sign the jersey of one who raced home to retrieve it when he learned Burress was there, hoping to get an autograph.

One club regular told us the place is often visited by major sports stars, including Yankees Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera and Burress' fellow Giant star Brandon Jacobs. "I have never seen a professional athlete behave this way," said the source.

The Bliss Club's bottle-service host, Joe Martino, confirmed the $2,000 bill was not paid by Burress or anyone in his group."

Via a rep for the Giants, Burress confirmed he was at the club, but denied walking out on his tab or propositioning anyone.

Pay your bill asshole.

Giant comes up small

That's when he propositioned a female patron out of the blue. "She just yelled back, 'You've got the wrong girl,' " relates our witness. Burress was spotted storming out minutes later "without returning to his table or paying his tab."

The NFLer, recently praised in the press for attending voluntary workouts during the Giants' off-season, was also snubbing male fans at the club. Spies said he refused to sign the jersey of one who raced home to retrieve it when he learned Burress was there, hoping to get an autograph.

One club regular told us the place is often visited by major sports stars, including Yankees Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera and Burress' fellow Giant star Brandon Jacobs. "I have never seen a professional athlete behave this way," said the source.

Huh??? :confused:

IMO the dude that had the jersey that Plax so called refused to sign...is hating! This story smells fishy.

And that's such a b-s statement.... "Never seen an athlete behave this way". People are such experts on athlete behaivor. Meh!!! More Giants hate.

Huh??? :confused:

IMO the dude that had the jersey that Plax so called refused to sign...is hating! This story smells fishy.

And that's such a b-s statement.... "Never seen an athlete behave this way". People are such experts on athlete behaivor. Meh!!! More Giants hate.

He meant he's never seen an athlete in his club behave that way before. And it's a club frequented by pro athletes.

The refusing to sign a jersey is no big deal, and hunting for women is no big deal, but walking out on a 2k tab and not tipping the waitresses is an asshole thing to do.

Gimme a fucking break.

He wouldn't be the first guy to get pissed if a girl turned him down.

And as for people wanting shit signed. Time to grow up fans. The guy may be a self absorbed prick, but no matter what you think, when he's out on the town for the night, he's entitled to his time and not to be bothered.

No matter what he does, he'll be considered a dick. He could give money to the homeless and he'll get bashed for not giving them clothes also.

Gimme a fucking break.

And as for people wanting shit signed. Time to grow up fans. The guy may be a self absorbed prick, but no matter what you think, when he's out on the town for the night, he's entitled to his time and not to be bothered.

No matter what he does, he'll be considered a dick. He could give money to the homeless and he'll get bashed for not giving them clothes also.

It's because he's Plax and everybody wants to go "I told you he's a prick". If he doesn't want to sign jerseys it's his prerogative and if he got mad at a woman it's no big deal. For all we know maybe he knew her and got pissed because of some thing prior. It's all hearsay and "eye witness" accounts which are sketchy at best. The tab thing may have just been a mistake and I am sure he will pay it.

I think you guys are being a bit too fast to jump to conclusions. This was a Page 6 article. You believe everything you read in a gossip column?

I have nothing against him refusing to sign autographs,

Lastings Milledge stiffed me last year after a rainout, it happens.

But to walk out on a 2,000 dollar tab, that's pretty messed up.

It's because he's Plax and everybody wants to go "I told you he's a prick". If he doesn't want to sign jerseys it's his prerogative and if he got mad at a woman it's no big deal. For all we know maybe he knew her and got pissed because of some thing prior. It's all hearsay and "eye witness" accounts which are sketchy at best. The tab thing may have just been a mistake and I am sure he will pay it.

Just by looking at him you can tell he's an asshole. By the way he talks, like he's the best reciever in the league. He's not.

Gimme a fucking break.

My point exactly. Brett Farve is dick too IMO but he's Brett Farve. Put Brett in a Giants Uni and he'd be the worst personality in sports (In Their Opinion). More Giants hate!

I think you guys are being a bit too fast to jump to conclusions. This was a Page 6 article. You believe everything you read in a gossip column?

Word! Don't believe the hype.

I'm tellin' ya' the Giants are most likely to get negative press. And the new hot shit to talk about is athletes and the bad behaivior. Meh!

Plax is probably a Man Utd fan and just watched the FA cup final ( sorry about the result booyah ! )

:cwy::cwy:

God that first half was awful. :TD:

How Giggs missed that goal, I don't know. :doh:

And Ronaldo took the day off, wrong day to do it. Granted it's hard get past 3 guys everytime.

That said. Drogba is class, and it was a good goal. If you're going to get beat, might as well be by a great play.

First time I saw him doing an interview, I knew he was a dick.

What was your thoughts on Tiki when you first saw him speak to the press? I'm willing to bet you thought Tiki was such a great guy huh? ;)

WRONG! Tiki turned out to be a dick. :P

I have nothing against him refusing to sign autographs,

Lastings Milledge stiffed me last year after a rainout, it happens.

But to walk out on a 2,000 dollar tab, that's pretty messed up.

Do you unconditionally believe anything you read in a gossip column? Maybe it's true, but consider the source...

Not to defend Plax here but I know this place, I can see how easily he could get blown off in there..... it's a fucking guido/juicehead bar. This is what their clientel consist of; underage girls dressed like tramps (OK, nothing wrong there :ph34r: ) and a bunch of juicehead (read as miracles of modern science), maniac, cokehead, guidos using all of their parents money. Here are pics of their clientel:

Bliss clientel.

Not Plax's type of crowd.

What was your thoughts on Tiki when you first saw him speak to the press? I'm willing to bet you thought Tiki was such a great guy huh? ;)

WRONG! Tiki turned out to be a dick. :P

Tiki is not a dick. Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut, but thats about it.

Not to defend Plax here but I know this place, I can see how easily he could get blown off in there..... it's a fucking guido/juicehead bar. This is what their clientel consist of; underage girls dressed like tramps (OK, nothing wrong there :ph34r: ) and a bunch of juicehead (read as miracles of modern science), maniac, cokehead, guidos using all of their parents money. Here are pics of their clientel:

Bliss clientel.

Not Plax's type of crowd.

No shit. :LMAO:

I like the website address!