SportsWrath

Dominic Rhodes

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

No I'm not in favor of it, but Bob Glauber from Newsday thinks it's a good possibility when he becomes unrestricted. NOBODY is going to replace Tiki, but we need to find someone to run with Jacobs. Got it from rotoworld.com. Click the NFL tab.

I would be fine with it. Runs really strong, has speed, and plays well when given the ball. And we know he'd be willing to accept sharing time as he did that in Indianapolis and if he signed here he must know that he will give up some carries to Jacobs.

That goes under the "we'll see" category.

Guest StrahansGap

I guess I would be OK with it because we won't have to give anything up for Turner and like it said in the caption, Rhodes is a better receiver than the other FA's.

:confused:

I'm sorry, but am I missing something here? Has Brandon Jacobs suddenly died, been traded, cut, or suffer some sort of career ending injury? Because all of guys are acting like it...

I know we haven't seen much of Brandon. But lets not take away his license before he gets to drive. Read what you guys posted...Go on, I'll give you a minute. Now, think about it...Do you really think Thomas Jones is going to come cheap? Uhh, no.

I think you guys are very desprite. You're trying to find some who will put the same numbers as Tiki. But guess what? It's not going to happen. There's only 2 other RB in the league that put up better numbers than Tiki. And that's Tomlinson and Jackson.

So lets get off our chairs, stretch our arm over our head, take a deep breathe, and clear our minds. Atta boy...good job! I'm proud of you guys. :clap:

Now, let get back to some real discussion and forget these silly talks about waisting our #1 pick on a RB and signing a starting RB for a boat load of money. Deal? ok good.

So, should we go after a shut down corner or a play making LB first?

I'm sorry, but am I missing something here? Has Brandon Jacobs suddenly died, been traded, cut, or suffer some sort of career ending injury? Because all of guys are acting like it...

I know we haven't seen much of Brandon. But lets not take away his license before he gets to drive. Read what you guys posted...Go on, I'll give you a minute. Now, think about it...Do you really think Thomas Jones is going to come cheap? Uhh, no.

I think you guys are very desprite. You're trying to find some who will put the same numbers as Tiki. But guess what? It's not going to happen. There's only 2 other RB in the league that put up better numbers than Tiki. And that's Tomlinson and Jackson.

So lets get off our chairs, stretch our arm over our head, take a deep breathe, and clear our minds. Atta boy...good job! I'm proud of you guys. :clap:

Now, let get back to some real discussion and forget these silly talks about waisting our #1 pick on a RB and signing a starting RB for a boat load of money. Deal? ok good.

A similar situation happened to the Knicks years ago when Xavier McDaniel left....everyone thought the Knicks would revert to being whimps ....and then came Anthony Mason, who was X-Man squared. Give Brandon a shot before a pick or FA signing is wasted on a running back in my opinion.

:LMAO::clap:

So lets get off our chairs, stretch our arm over our head, take a deep breathe, and clear our minds. Atta boy...good job! I'm proud of you guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

LOL. Let me please clarify my statement.

"I am anxiously awaiting the unveiling of Brandon Jacobs as our starting running back. However, I would like to have a low-priced veteran or rookie running back available to spell him for those plays when he needs a breather. I'm not sure Derrick Ward is that guy."

I agree: let's not break the bank for a rookie or veteran. Jacobs will be a Pro Bowler as long as he can stay healthy and not fumble (the latter of which I'm a little worried about). Oh... AND if he doesn't turn into a head case (after watching some of his celebrations this year, I'm a little worried about that too).

Fish/Nem: Rhodes isn't going to get a whole lot of money in free agency. despite his performance in the superbowl, he was outshined by Addai all year and came off the bench. The good thing about Rhodes is that he says he's fine coming off the bench, so if he was to come here, he should be fine backing up Jacobs. I don't think there's any doubt in the Giant org that Jacobs is the starter, but he does get hurt, so if they got a guy like Rhodes it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Nem, while I agree with what you are saying we must keep in mind our conditioning staff. The way BJ runs will have out for the season by week 3 playing full time. We are going to need a decent back-up to him regardless.

Nem, while I agree with what you are saying we must keep in mind our conditioning staff. The way BJ runs will have out for the season by week 3 playing full time. We are going to need a decent back-up to him regardless.

I agree, we need a solid back to backup Jacobs.

Fish/Nem: Rhodes isn't going to get a whole lot of money in free agency. despite his performance in the superbowl, he was outshined by Addai all year and came off the bench. The good thing about Rhodes is that he says he's fine coming off the bench, so if he was to come here, he should be fine backing up Jacobs. I don't think there's any doubt in the Giant org that Jacobs is the starter, but he does get hurt, so if they got a guy like Rhodes it wouldn't be a bad idea.

This is the only way I'd agree with this post. :clap:

True, BJ is the man now, and honestly, I think will do fine. But if we could get another good RB to split time at a decent price, such as Dominic, Id be all for it. But the pressing needs are a shutdown corner and some LB help. No doubt.

This is the only way I'd agree with this post. :clap:

True, BJ is the man now, and honestly, I think will do fine. But if we could get another good RB to split time at a decent price, such as Dominic, Id be all for it. But the pressing needs are a shutdown corner and some LB help. No doubt.

Exactly BigB...shutdown corner and a passrushing/cover LB would right this sinking ship of a Defense.

I wouldn't be opposed to him coming here. Though I think I'd rather see Thomas Jones.

The question is, would any of these guys want to share the ball with Jacobs, or are they looking to go somewhere where they can be "the guy"? I'd love to have either one of these guys and have somewhat of a two headed RB monster like Indy, New England, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans... all playoff teams :TU:

A similar situation happened to the Knicks years ago when Xavier McDaniel left....everyone thought the Knicks would revert to being whimps ....and then came Anthony Mason, who was X-Man squared. Give Brandon a shot before a pick or FA signing is wasted on a running back in my opinion.

I think Jacobs deserves a shot, but it would also be smart to bring a guy like Rhodes in to share the load for now. What if Jacobs isn't ready to handle the ball 25 times a game? What if he gets injured? I say, bring in a quality guy to help ease Jacobs into the role and if he proves he can handle it...UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

I was actually talking about the the Thomas Jones talk. Dominic Rhodes will ask for something close to starters money. And evern though his been a back up RB his entire career, his been a very reliable back-up. And he will exploit that...Not with us, but with another team.

I was actually talking about the the Thomas Jones talk. Dominic Rhodes will ask for something close to starters money. And evern though his been a back up RB his entire career, his been a very reliable back-up. And he will exploit that...Not with us, but with another team.

you are probley right NOW

Exactly BigB...shutdown corner and a passrushing/cover LB would right this sinking ship of a Defense.

But won't we really need 2 of each? BTW I agree we need to give BJ a chance. Before the Giants he had a career 6.7 ypc so he can bring it. IMMHO

I like the kid from Northern Illinois. Where do y'all think he'll go?