SportsWrath

Oh, please let there be some fire with this smoke...

fishgutmartyr

it's juts way too perfect of a situation. there's no better coach out there for us. to be honest, i dont know if he'd ever leave brady either. i can't tease myself, it'll already be bad enough once the mara's give coughlin an extension cuz "wellington liked him", i dont need to throw the possibility of bellicek coming here to make the letdown even worse. :brooding:

I don't think Coughlin comes back no matter what--he committed the cardinal sin of having a losing record at home. Daddy would be displeased.

Besides, he has a Giants history that's even more storied than Coughlin's, so there is still a hint of incest.

the problem is that our last game of the season is meaningful because we are still in the playoff hunt. even if we lose next week we can still make the playoffs at 7-9 if the other 5 7-8 teams lose as well. the last game of the season being meaninful was always wellington's minimum standard for a good season, unfortunately

it's good to see we might have options though. we could get bill or maybe even weiss. i['d take either of those guys, i think eli would really thrive with weiss considering what he did with brady and quinn

I agree--Weiss obviously knows how to develop QBs. But it would be so sweet to have Bill back to whip our D into shape.

i think either one could get us over the hump. lord knows we have the talent, we just need the right coach to get all the players on the same page and to a greater extent implement a gameplan that works

Whoever it is, it has to be a guy with a proven track record--maybe not in the pros as a head coach, but definitely at the level they were hired at. Otherwise, these players are going to pull the same crap they did with Fassel and Coughlin. No retreads.

As one guy pointed out on that link that Fish posted,

Would you still have Coughlin fired if the Giants make the playoffs and win a game in the playoffs? Would you still consider Coughlin a bad coach when compared to say Fassel? (as this appears to be the ongoing debate).

Oh how I love the NFL.. :)

Doesnt seem likely.

But whatever the hell, Bellicheck or not, the current imbeciles we have certainly need to be executed. Id probably have a heartattack out of ecstasy if that ever happens, but even if it doesnt, somebody really needs to start some serious talk with Weiss, Whisenhunt or the DC of the Titans and do it now.

As one guy pointed out on that link that Fish posted,

Would you still have Coughlin fired if the Giants make the playoffs and win a game in the playoffs? Would you still consider Coughlin a bad coach when compared to say Fassel? (as this appears to be the ongoing debate).

Oh how I love the NFL.. :)

yes

We're not getting Belicek. He's far too good for the Pats to let him go. Could very well just be something they plan on addressing in the offseason, because after all, they have much more football to play.

And I really think that Coughlin's extension depends heavily upon whether or not we make the playoffs. Apparently this pathetic group of players that we all like for some reason or another (they haven't given us much to like the past 2 months) is still in contention for the final wild card spot. I'd rather just lose against the Redskins and not delay the inevitable. Sure, we could beat the Bears. We could beat the Cowboys and Eagles. But we haven't, and won't.

yes

Thats interesting even though he would have done what Fassel never accomplished (or what wasn't accomplished in the last 16 years), back to back playoff appearances. Now again this is all based on whether they win on Saturday??...and make the playoffs...

I am curious why do you think he deserves to be fired after that? For the record, the Giants will not fire Coughlin if they make the playoffs this year.

I am curious why do you think he deserves to be fired after that? For the record, the Giants will not fire Coughlin if they make the playoffs this year.

Because the Giants would have backed their way into the playoffs? Because even in their wins (against crappy teams) they showed the same ineptitude on the field that they display week in and week out? Because his coordinators do a piss-poor job preparing their respective units to go out and match up against their opponents, and seem to use the same pathetic predictable schemes each week? Because Coughlin doesn't step in and stop those coordinators from repeating the same mistakes week-in-week-out?

And because the Giants are not going to make it past the wildcard round and will most likely get TROUNCED AGAIN?

If he isn't canned I will be HIGHLY pissed...of course I will watch them and of course I will root for them next year but this week GO SKINS! And that isn't reverse pyschology.

Because the Giants would have backed their way into the playoffs? Because even in their wins (against crappy teams) they showed the same ineptitude on the field that they display week in and week out? Because his coordinators do a piss-poor job preparing their respective units to go out and match up against their opponents, and seem to use the same pathetic predictable schemes each week? Because Coughlin doesn't step in and stop those coordinators from repeating the same mistakes week-in-week-out?

And because the Giants are not going to make it past the wildcard round and will most likely get TROUNCED AGAIN?

If he isn't canned I will be HIGHLY pissed...of course I will watch them and of course I will root for them next year but this week GO SKINS! And that isn't reverse pyschology.

yeah I have to agree with some parts, the calling and the defensive play has been questionable at times...but the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league and if the Giants make the playoffs Coughlin just accomplished what hasn't been done since 1989 and 1990 seasons...and the front office would be mighty hard pressed to get red of this guy.

it's juts way too perfect of a situation. there's no better coach out there for us. to be honest, i dont know if he'd ever leave brady either. i can't tease myself, it'll already be bad enough once the mara's give coughlin an extension cuz "wellington liked him", i dont need to throw the possibility of bellicek coming here to make the letdown even worse. :brooding:

think I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here. I think Belichick will be back in New England next year. But when he was asked about his contract yesterday, his response was, "The press conference is over. We're done." This is an important one to keep an eye on.

this was in the link fish had .

If I'm not mistaken, Brady's contract is good through 2010... I think BB will be back, he just doesn't talk about anything personal... So what, who cares, I don't either... Give him a break...

So was this one

So there may be a small glimmer of hope that the Pats let Bill go. Even if they do the Mara's will have to Axe Tom and then you have to wonder will they do what Wellington wanted or will they "do thier own thing"

but at this point it also make you think WWWD

Can you imagine me as old Wellington's illegitimate son (a big fantasy I know) who is given complete command of the operation: TBCVP (in full James Earl Jones/Darth Vader mode - He is debriefing the Giants coaching staff at the end of the season...they are upbeat because they backed into the playoffs and won a WC game before being destroyed 35-0 by the NFC champion.

Coach CheerLeader: Mr. Mara as you can see we have made excellent progress....

TBCVP: You have FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME CHEERLEADER

THE CHORUS (HuffHole; Clueless & GilFuck): But boss we did good....we won a playoff game..

TBCVP: Your existence befouls me...I will never be CLEAN AGAIN....You will remove yourself from my presence.

Coach CheerLeader: Now wait a minute...I brought back pride to the organization you bastard...plus Poppa Well loved me and all of my Irish Catholic goodness.

TBCVP: (TBCVP looks off towards the anteroom as the Prodigal Son (Belichik) O'Pioli and their minions (Pepper Johnson et al enter) "Ah you have arrived. Good. YOU ARE COMMAND NOW! Coach Prodigal ...Do not fail me.

Coach CheerLeader: No no Nooooooo...you were banished to the outer reaches...never to return.

Coach Prodigal: I am back now...ready to claim my birthright and to return the Mangina back to the obscurity he deserves.

Coach Cheerleader: But we worked together under The Prostitute...

Coach Prodigal: Fuck him and fuck you too....I won 3 SuperBowls. He needed me to win his two. He can drop dead. Bewaahhhhaaaah.

TBCVP: Security remove this loathsome scum from my presence.

Coach Cheerleader & The Chorus: (Pull their hair and knash their teeth) No ...no... we brought discipline; 15 step drops for the QB; great mechanics and the unbeatable zone blitz...what is the Prodigal going to do.

TBCVP: What he will do is win. That is all that is required of him. I have opened the vaults and I have contacted all of the presidents of the various major media outlets and have said "Look upon the Prodigal and know that all is well within Giants land". When he tells your minions to go fuck themselves and/or that a press conference is over ...know that he has my utmost favor.

TBCVP: Go forth my son and vanquish mine enemies...slay the Broke Backs, crush the E-gals, screw the 69'ers, trap the Cubs, pluck the Hawks and flay the very flesh from the Skins. GO FORTH AND WREAK HAVOC UPON MINE ENEMIES.

Coach Prodigal: As you will it Master...so shall it be.

I know too much wacko weed and dreaming combined...but wouldn't you guys love to see something like this happening in real life?

Can you imagine me as old Wellington's illegitimate son (a big fantasy I know) who is given complete command of the operation: TBCVP (in full James Earl Jones/Darth Vader mode - He is debriefing the Giants coaching staff at the end of the season...they are upbeat because they backed into the playoffs and won a WC game before being destroyed 35-0 by the NFC champion.

Coach CheerLeader: Mr. Mara as you can see we have made excellent progress....

TBCVP: You have FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME CHEERLEADER

THE CHORUS (HuffHole; Clueless & GilFuck): But boss we did good....we won a playoff game..

TBCVP: Your existence befouls me...I will never be CLEAN AGAIN....You will remove yourself from my presence.

Coach CheerLeader: Now wait a minute...I brought back pride to the organization you bastard...plus Poppa Well loved me and all of my Irish Catholic goodness.

TBCVP: (TBCVP looks off towards the anteroom as the Prodigal Son (Belichik) O'Pioli and their minions (Pepper Johnson et al enter) "Ah you have arrived. Good. YOU ARE COMMAND NOW! Coach Prodigal ...Do not fail me.

Coach CheerLeader: No no Nooooooo...you were banished to the outer reaches...never to return.

Coach Prodigal: I am back now...ready to claim my birthright and to return the Mangina back to the obscurity he deserves.

Coach Cheerleader: But we worked together under The Prostitute...

Coach Prodigal: Fuck him and fuck you too....I won 3 SuperBowls. He needed me to win his two. He can drop dead. Bewaahhhhaaaah.

TBCVP: Security remove this loathsome scum from my presence.

Coach Cheerleader & The Chorus: (Pull their hair and knash their teeth) No ...no... we brought discipline; 15 step drops for the QB; great mechanics and the unbeatable zone blitz...what is the Prodigal going to do.

TBCVP: What he will do is win. That is all that is required of him. I have opened the vaults and I have contacted all of the presidents of the various major media outlets and have said "Look upon the Prodigal and know that all is well within Giants land". When he tells your minions to go fuck themselves and/or that a press conference is over ...know that he has my utmost favor.

TBCVP: Go forth my son and vanquish mine enemies...slay the Broke Backs, crush the E-gals, screw the 69'ers, trap the Cubs, pluck the Hawks and flay the very flesh from the Skins. GO FORTH AND WREAK HAVOC UPON MINE ENEMIES.

Coach Prodigal: As you will it Master...so shall it be.

I know too much wacko weed and dreaming combined...but wouldn't you guys love to see something like this happening in real life?

:LMAO: you should submit that to Bang cartoon