SportsWrath

Our loss to philly

Nas

I don't think our team sucked balls given the circumstances. We were not good at the OL position which forced us to settle for field goals instead of TDs.

I think Philadelphia played a superb game and their defensive coordinator is a genius. Our OC didn't adjust well to counter their blitz happy schemes. Nevertheless I'm not too upset with the Giants. Like I said it was a hard fought game and Philly won .. not because we suck.

I don't think our team sucked balls given the circumstances. We were not good at the OL position which forced us to settle for field goals instead of TDs.

I think Philadelphia played a superb game and their defensive coordinator is a genius. Our OC didn't adjust well to counter their blitz happy schemes. Nevertheless I'm not too upset with the Giants. Like I said it was a hard fought game and Philly won .. not because we suck.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. I hate it when we don't "show up", and find some consolation in a loss when we play hard. Unfortunatley, that consolation only works early in the season, not week 15. With 2 games to go, I think it's safe to say, we suck. :(

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. I hate it when we don't "show up", and find some consolation in a loss when we play hard. Unfortunatley, that consolation only works early in the season, not week 15. With 2 games to go, I think it's safe to say, we suck. :(

I don't know Rik. I just now I can say I've been watching football long enough to know it's very very hard to be on top and stay there. Afterall we did have the toughest schedule and injuries to our starters are unbeleiveable. There are lots of other teams worse off with easier schedule than ours. Chicago is beatable, Dallas is beatable, the Saints just lost to the skins... it's a crazy game and I've come to realize that.

Philly just played a great game and their DC coordinator is amazing.

I don't know Rik. I just now I can say I've been watching football long enough to know it's very very hard to be on top and stay there. Afterall we did have the toughest schedule and injuries to our starters are unbeleiveable. There are lots of other teams worse off with easier schedule than ours. Chicago is beatable, Dallas is beatable, the Saints just lost to the skins... it's a crazy game and I've come to realize that.

Their DC kept rolling those dice and they kept coming up 7's and 11's.

But see everyone knows Philly blitzes a lot. And good OCs must find ways to make them pay. And we didn't.

You're right that is why I kept calling for plays to exploit their over aggressiveness...like a screen, reverse, play-action and perhaps a naked bootleg down at the goal line.

You bring up very good points, and I have been one to back the team thru thick and thin for many, many.....many years. Our schedule and the injuries combined certainly made it a challenging season, however, great teams have the ability to overcome and dominate, something this Giants team certainly has the talent to do. It is very disappointing to witness what has happened to this season. Anyone who has been a Giants fan for any amount of time knows the heartache it takes to support this team. This year just has a different "feel" to it. I still say I'd be much happier with us getting "value" players instead of finally caving in and getting "the big name". As we see, that philosophy has certainly done us wonders. The Giants may be hapless at times, but there was a time when one never heard a peep out of the locker room, and I believe all the media attention this year had an adverse effect on this team. Not that the media is at fault for our poor play, but it certainly didn't help mentally.

Philly's DC may be good, but if not for the players making mistakes, he wouldn't come off as amazing.

You bring up very good points, and I have been one to back the team thru thick and thin for many, many.....many years. Our schedule and the injuries combined certainly made it a challenging season, however, great teams have the ability to overcome and dominate, something this Giants team certainly has the talent to do. It is very disappointing to witness what has happened to this season. Anyone who has been a Giants fan for any amount of time knows the heartache it takes to support this team. This year just has a different "feel" to it. I still say I'd be much happier with us getting "value" players instead of finally caving in and getting "the big name". As we see, that philosophy has certainly done us wonders. The Giants may be hapless at times, but there was a time when one never heard a peep out of the locker room, and I believe all the media attention this year had an adverse effect on this team. Not that the media is at fault for our poor play, but it certainly didn't help mentally.

Philly's DC may be good, but if not for the players making mistakes, he wouldn't come off as amazing.

I think our biggest weakness is our coaches right now. But when I look around I see pretty much every team having setbacks. Dallas and Philly included. How about Carolina?

I don't know maybe subconciously I'm excusing the Giants so that I don't have to deal with the heartache of losing as much.

You're right that is why I kept calling for plays to exploit their over aggressiveness...like a screen, reverse, play-action and perhaps a naked bootleg down at the goal line.

...or...*gasp* a pass on 1st and goal!!

I seriously have no idea how John Hufnagel has a job.

And a quarterback who looks to Visante Shiancoe, his like 8th best option of the field, doesn't help matters.

Eli Manning makes terrible decisions and it seems like almost everyone causes us to lose.

I dont think it was a hard fought game, I thought it was 15 minutes of Ginats brilliance and 45 minutes of Jets like suckitude.

I agree, for a team controlling their own destiny, they played like a bunch of pussies. No one on this team wants it. They half ass it all the time and make boneheaded mistakes. There was virtually no pass rush, and the times we blitzed(which was like twice), we got two turnovers. I think we are seriously the poorest coached team in the NFL as of now. We stray away from things that work, we give up on the run when Tiki gets a couple negative carries, and we become pass happy and completely rely on Eli Manning to win the game in the second half. when we don't need to be. If any of you are looking for this team to go to the playoffs, you need to rethink.

Also, why do we waste two downs in a row inside the 10 on the same exact run play? The same exact play didn't work, twice...

i agree with you Nas .... we played well for the most part .... i fully expected Eli to go up the field and win it for us at the end .... but he threw the Int .... which killed us

Philliy just played a great game ... and it hurts

Oh well .... there is still hope ... 2 wins and we're in

Even 8-8 could get us to the playoffs as #6 seed (if a few results go in our favour) because we own the tie break with Atlanta and Carolina

come back Strahan !

We need a guy like their number 20, we don't have any of those. Our back 7 on defense has no playmakers. On offense, it's all about coachimg.

There's no doubt in my mind, this team sucked balls. The one Eli interception that was a deflection off that other guy's helmet, despite what some say, was his fault. Normally, I don't call tipped balls the QBs fault, but when you drill a defensive lineman in the facemask, apparently you're just a little bit off target.

Eli is not who thought and wanted him to be. He's highly inconsistent, inaccurate, and makes some of the worst decisions in football. Any QB who makes it to his level can make a good throw here and there. The good ones are the ones that can string them together.

As much as I hate to say it, Tiki looked tired in the second half. He didn't seem to have the explosiveness and 'pep' that he had in the first half. The Brandon Jacobs injury kept Tiki from being as rested as he's normally used to.

And why wasn't Strahan playing if he was healthy enough to go? What's this 'No, we'll wait one more week' bullshit? I'm not saying he'd have been able to change the outcome of the game, but still irks me.

Our pass defense is terrible. Philly knew this. They passed until we put more in coverage. Then they were able to run with ease. Typical west coast offense - pass to set up the run. Worked perfectly.

I agree, for a team controlling their own destiny, they played like a bunch of pussies. No one on this team wants it. They half ass it all the time and make boneheaded mistakes. There was virtually no pass rush, and the times we blitzed(which was like twice), we got two turnovers. I think we are seriously the poorest coached team in the NFL as of now. We stray away from things that work, we give up on the run when Tiki gets a couple negative carries, and we become pass happy and completely rely on Eli Manning to win the game in the second half. when we don't need to be. If any of you are looking for this team to go to the playoffs, you need to rethink.

Also, why do we waste two downs in a row inside the 10 on the same exact run play? The same exact play didn't work, twice...

That sums it up PERFECTLY. :worshippy:

When your team goes 1-5, you pretty much suck, and this team should be doing a lot more than having "moral victories." Our opponent was playing their second string QB, and was running at will with a RB that has only played marginally all season after missing the previous 32 games.

Our secondary was at full "strength," so to speak, and other than Arrington(who wasn't doing all that much this season anyway), so were our linebackers. So what's the excuse this week?

As much as I hate to say it, Tiki looked tired in the second half. He didn't seem to have the explosiveness and 'pep' that he had in the first half. The Brandon Jacobs injury kept Tiki from being as rested as he's normally used to.

And why wasn't Strahan playing if he was healthy enough to go? What's this 'No, we'll wait one more week' bullshit? I'm not saying he'd have been able to change the outcome of the game, but still irks me.

But...but...Tiki needs the ball more--he said so himself. And he said so in front of the press, rather than to his coaches, so he can't get tired. :rolleyes:

By the way, what happened to Jacobs? Did he get a stinger on his shoulder on the fumble? Because it looked like he got the hit on the shoulder first, and the helmet slid down onto the ball.

Strahan claims to have gone into Coughlin's office and asked to play. That's not the same as Strahan going into TC's office after the doctors said that Strahan was healthy enough to play. Unless that second scenario took place, Strahan should have kept his mouth shut, and avoided people like us second guessing a coach that already is being ripped apart--you know, like a team leader would have.

I really can't wait for this season to end. These coaches need to go, and quite a few of these "superstars."

Strahan claims to have gone into Coughlin's office and asked to play. That's not the same as Strahan going into TC's office after the doctors said that Strahan was healthy enough to play. Unless that second scenario took place, Strahan should have kept his mouth shut, and avoided people like us second guessing a coach that already is being ripped apart--you know, like a team leader would have.

It's hard not to spill your guts to Pam Oliver.

Sorry guys... I can't buy into the "we had the toughest schedule," and "the other team gets paid too" bullshit.

We were 6-2 at the midpoint and we've won ONE fucking game since then. And no matter how you try to spin it, that's pathetic... that's a team with no heart, no sense, and no determination (AND bad coaching).

This team may make the playoffs because the NFC is so goddamned weak, but they don't deserve it one bit. WE need to do a BIG housecleaning job in the offseason... and yes, some of the "big name" players may have to go too.

We just lost to a team with a second string QB, so I don't want to hear any shit about injuries, either.

Sorry guys... I can't buy into the "we had the toughest schedule," and "the other team gets paid too" bullshit.

We were 6-2 at the midpoint and we've won ONE fucking game since then. And no matter how you try to spin it, that's pathetic... that's a team with no heart, no sense, and no determination (AND bad coaching).

This team may make the playoffs because the NFC is so goddamned weak, but they don't deserve it one bit. WE need to do a BIG housecleaning job in the offseason... and yes, some of the "big name" players may have to go too.

We just lost to a team with a second string QB, so I don't want to hear any shit about injuries, either.

I'm just trying to think of some of the 'big name' players you're talking about. The entire secondary can go, but I wouldn't necessarily think of them as 'big name' guys. Emmons can go and wouldn't be missed. Short comes cheap and isn't a bad backup. Arrington, Pierce, Wilkerson, Torbor are all good enough that they won't go anywhere. D-Line should stay. They were the one area I was most concerned with going into the season and they've been one of the more consistent areas we've had. Amani Toomer could go. He's only been a possession receiver for us. We could probably find a much cheaper one at that. Tiki of course is as good as gone.

I'm just trying to think of some of the 'big name' players you're talking about. The entire secondary can go, but I wouldn't necessarily think of them as 'big name' guys. Emmons can go and wouldn't be missed. Short comes cheap and isn't a bad backup. Arrington, Pierce, Wilkerson, Torbor are all good enough that they won't go anywhere. D-Line should stay. They were the one area I was most concerned with going into the season and they've been one of the more consistent areas we've had. Amani Toomer could go. He's only been a possession receiver for us. We could probably find a much cheaper one at that. Tiki of course is as good as gone.

No way man. He's only a possession receiver because he's not looked at as much. But I wouldn't trade Toomer. One of the most humble, classy, and reliable guys we got. I'm loyal to my players and I'm not willing to let go of him.