SportsWrath

are there any alternatives to Bob Whitfield ?

UK-Giantsfan

I hope they find someone, because you're right. Whitfield doesn't appear that he's going to cut it. I'll give him another game though where he can be prepared as a starter.

Luckily, Jacksonville's DE (Spicer I think) is not overpowering. I think Whitfield should be able to handle the next 2 weeks at least.

Not to apologize for Whitfield, he had a terrible game; but on the other hand, he was coming in cold mid-game against the best defense in the league. That's a tough situation for anybody, and he has covered for Pettigout pretty well in the other times he's needed to.

Let's see how he does next week before we form a mob.

I think Diehl will get moved outside. Witfield is too old and it showed. At least we have a couple of options.

There's no way they move Diehl to LT--so you're talking about moving McKenzie to LT, Diehl to RT, and Seubert/Ruegamer to guard. That's a lot of shifting around on an OLine that has been playing pretty lights-out for most of the season.

Whitfield might be ok with starter game-prep, and some TE help from Seubert. I'd rather make 1 change than 3 if it could be possibly avoided.

Seubert is doing such a good job as a run blocking TE I would hate to see that taken away from the playbook right now.

When he is able to pull or move behind the line like a FB it is freeing up Tiki to get past that first wave of defenders. That turns a 3 yard rush into a 7 yarder

they talked about it before but maybe they should move Mckensey over to LT and Diel back to Rt with Subert at LG ( alot of Sp* there call the grammer patrol out on me) At least try it to get the best players out on the field.

No, that'd be horrible. McKenzie is useless at LT, and he would be dominated by guys such as Ware, Cole, Peppers, etc.

Ugh, just bringing about those names gets me nervous. It's time we move towards a more efficient offense.

Btw, this is why I was hoping we'd draft Winston Justice. But I guess it was him or Kiwi. And Kiwi has been desperately needed as of late and in the future.

move diehl to LT and plug in seubert at guard

i was thinking that but i dont think they want to shakeup the line that much. unfortunately i think we're stuck with whitfield, but fortunately we dont go up against alex brown every week