SportsWrath

Cuts

Bigblue25

Probably still not the final roster. Now comes the waiver wire fine tuning.

BB thanks for all the info today! You're way faster than any other site I found!

They have to find a safety somewhere. I guess Scott,Cox behind Wilson in RB depth chart. They'll probably look for a vet there

They have to find a safety somewhere. I guess Scott,Cox behind Wilson in RB depth chart. They'll probably look for a vet there

yeah we have 3 rather inexperienced rb's and no bruiser/goal line guy

So here's the lineup...for now.

QB'S(3)

Manning

Nassib

Painter

Oline(9)

Beatty

Boothe

Baas

Snee

Pugh

Brewer

Cordle

Mosley

Diehl

TE(4)

Myers

Robinson

Pascoe

Donnell

RB(3)

Wilson

Scott

Cox

FB(1)

Hynoski

WR(5)

Nicks

Cruz

Randle

Murphy

Jernigan

DE(5)

Tuck

JPP

Moore

Kiwi

Trattou

DT(5)

Joseph

Jenkins

Hankins

Patterson

Rogers

LB(5)

Paysinger

Connor

Rivers

Williams

Herzlich

CB(6)

Mook

Webster

Thomas

Ross

McBride

Hosley

S(3)

Rolle

Mundy

Taylor

ST(3)

Brown

Weatherford

DeOssie

IR

A.Brown

S.Brown

PUP

Kuhn

Reserve/suspended

Hill

I know they haven't even taken a snap yet, but that roster doesn't scream "Hometown Superbowl Champs" to me. I hope I'm wrong. GO Gmen!

Well considering the track record for number of teams to play a SB in their hometown is 0 and 47, I think the Giant's have a good as a chance as any.

Well considering the track record for number of teams to play a SB in their hometown is 0 and 47, I think the Giant's have a good as a chance as any.

Yeah, I know, I don't mean to be a downer, but let's just say I'm not embraced in confidence.

Yeah, I know, I don't mean to be a downer, but let's just say I'm not embraced in confidence.

I don't think any team should be, the chance of repeating SB success is next to impossible in this league and has only happened when teams have been able to build successful franchise teams, the last being the Pats in early 2000s.

Honestly with todays FA market and how players and teams are so easy to forget loyalty, I doubt we see the days of the 90s Cowboys, 80s Giants and 49ers or the 70s Steelers again.

Have to think we're in the market for a linebacker. I can't believe we're going into the season with 5, especially with Rivers and Conner and their tendency to get injured. Williams and Herzlich don't exactly have reps as iron men, either. We might be wiping the dust off of some retired guy at the end of the season.

Should be ok with 3 safeties for now, since we're getting Hill back in Oct, and Ross has played the position, too.

Don't understand putting Barden on IR instead of waived/injured. It's a injury settlement either way. It might just be a "years of service" thing...

Cutting Carr doesn't surprise me that much, since he's getting old even for a backup. Keeping Painter does, however. I don't see where he'd be any better on this team than he was with the Colts when the other Manning went down.

I agree Fish; if they find an LB out there they like they'll cut Donnell or Robinson. I'm surprised they didn't keep Boz, maybe there was an undisclosed injury issue there? I'd be happier though if they cut one of the TEs and kept Sash.

Wouldn't be surprised if we traded out Scott, either. Other than a couple of great runs his rookie year in preseason, what has he shown?

Marvin Austin hasn't done dick until these past two preseason games where he finally decided to turn it on against 3rd string scrubs.

I pray he's in a Dallas uniform a week from now. We'll rush for 200 yards. Watch his game film from last year if you want to see how Austin really plays.

Marvin Austin hasn't done dick until these past two preseason games where he finally decided to turn it on against 3rd string scrubs.

I pray he's in a Dallas uniform a week from now. We'll rush for 200 yards. Watch his game film from last year if you want to see how Austin really plays.

Yep, it really shouldn't take that long to show something... he's been a bust... good riddance.

he hasn't been healthy. He is now. If he can stay healthy he might make some noise. Just hate to see something like that come back and bite us in the ass.

obviously the big question marks surround staying healthy but it is not like Patterson carries no health risks either

he hasn't been healthy. He is now. If he can stay healthy he might make some noise. Just hate to see something like that come back and bite us in the ass.

obviously the big question marks surround staying healthy but it is not like Patterson carries no health risks either

I could totally see Austin having a good year for some other team now that the Giants have cut him.