SportsWrath

Some Positive on Eli

lemmiwinks

listen...it's easy for everyone to pick out eli's flaws. sure there's more than i'd like to see, but i still think he can be a star in the nfl, i do not care what anyone else or any analyst thinks they know. as far as i'm concerned each year his comp % has steadily improved from a 48 to a 52 then to a 58. his picks have also been a concern however i think over time they will decrease. now let's take a look at peyton's frist few years in the league

peyton manning:

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

1998 IND 16 326 575 56.7 3739 6.5 26 78 28 71.2

1999 IND 16 331 533 62.1 4135 7.8 26 80 15 90.7

2000 IND 16 357 571 62.5 4413 7.7 33 78 15 94.7

2001 IND 16 343 547 62.7 4131 7.6 26 86 23 84.1

2002 IND 16 392 591 66.3 4200 7.1 27 69 19 88.8

these are impressive numbers no doubt, but look at how many picks this guy threw in his first five years. it took him that much time to start decreasing these numbers. there is no reason in my mind, to think eli won't eventually be able to do the same. factor in that eli is playing in windy giants stadium and peyton in a dome ( please don't tell me that doesn't make a difference because it does). just look at peytons stats this past year. at home 18 td's 2 picks, on the road 13 td's 7 picks.

now in no way am i implying that eli will ever be as good as peyton, because he won't. however, i do think he will be an excellent qb, and one that will be able to lead this team to a super bowl. but the guy needs help from his defense. to me that is the real concern of this team, and i don't think this team will go anywhere, until we are able to fix it. now after eli has been in the league for five years( which i think is the right timetable to judge a qb) and has not progressed to become a top flight qb, then i'll be ready to admit that the giants made a mistake, and he has not turned out to be the qb that we thought he would. but i still support eli, and will continue to do so as long as he is a giant. maybe he'll never justify his hype, or his number 1 draft pick, but if can bring us a ring, than that stuff means nothing to me.

0 INT's inside the 20

I'm still real pissed at Eli (I mean, it can't be all the coaches' fault?), but that's the best stat of them all to me. I'm suprised he didn't throw an INT in the redzone.

0205_large.jpg

He isnt this guy <_<

Super Bowl thirty-whatever did not fucking happen. I don't know where you got this picture of a damn LIE!

I'm still real pissed at Eli (I mean, it can't be all the coaches' fault?), but that's the best stat of them all to me. I'm suprised he didn't throw an INT in the redzone.

Super Bowl thirty-whatever did not fucking happen. I don't know where you got this picture of a damn LIE!

Thats what I keep saying....WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!!! :furious:

I could see Eli having that INT in red zone stat. Our gameplan was so damn conservative in teh red zone that Eli didn't really have a chance to make a mistake. What was his TD total in the red zone? That's important too.

I look at this picture, and I betcha Sharper didn't get called for a face mask penalty? But I like it how they call a misterious defensive holding penalty on Hamilton.

Nem DO NOT....PLEASE DO NOT ....GET ME STARTED ABOUT THAT GAME CHANGING PHONY...BULLSHITASS PENALTY CALLED ON HAMILTON AS ARMISTEAD RAN ONE BACK FOR A TD. I am still waiting to see the replay of that call...funny they never showed it again. Next thing you know they pull the reins in real tight on Dilfer and Collins self-destructs as the dirty ass Ravens get away with bloody fucking murder. 7-7 is a totally different ballgame than what we ended up with. I remember Armistead saying before the game that they had a plan for Dilfer....code for he is good for one gift touchdown every other game. Ray Lewis could have helped out (oh I forgot he was not really guilty :rolleyes: ) on another attempted murder/murder and the officials would have looked the other way. The league had to give that geriatric fuck Modell a SuperBowl. :TD::puke: :explode: :furious:

Nem DO NOT....PLEASE DO NOT ....GET ME STARTED ABOUT THAT GAME CHANGING PHONY...BULLSHITASS PENALTY CALLED ON HAMILTON AS ARMISTEAD RAN ONE BACK FOR A TD. I am still waiting to see the replay of that call...funny they never showed it again. Next thing you know they pull the reins in real tight on Dilfer and Collins self-destructs as the dirty ass Ravens get away with bloody fucking murder. 7-7 is a totally different ballgame than what we ended up with. I remember Armistead saying before the game that they had a plan for Dilfer....code for he is good for one gift touchdown every other game. Ray Lewis could have helped out (oh I forgot he was not really guilty :rolleyes: ) on another attempted murder/murder and the officials would have looked the other way. The league had to give that geriatric fuck Modell a SuperBowl. :TD::puke: :explode: :furious:

This sounds like me after Im asked about that game. :furious::furious:

This sounds like me after Im asked about that game. :furious::furious:

I hear ya BigBlue....Blunatic had to give me a chill pill last month :P . I usually suffer from one or two episodes a month. Right after that game I was catatonic regarding sports for about a month. I was thinking about committing mass murder every time I heard "who let the dogs out...". If they ever had to sacrifice an American city like Peter Fonda did in FailSafe...let it be Baltimore. ;) .

Lets post some positive stuff on the Giants QB

2nd in NFL in 2nd half TD passes

0 INT's inside the 20

4th quarter + he completes 63.2%

3rd NFL in 4quarter TD passes

Thats not really all that impressive. Its a 4 quarter game, not a 4th quarter game.