SportsWrath

4th and Goal from the 3

UK-Giantsfan

14 mins to go ....... trailing 14-20

4th and Goal from the 3 yard line

i was screaming at the TV to take the 3 points !

Was i wrong ? Would TC have ever made that call to go for it ?

You have to give MacAttack some credit for the brave call ....given that it worked and we scored a TD

But im still thinking it was probably the wrong call !

What do you reckon ?

I also like the fact that Macadoo told Eli they were in 4 down territory back when it was 1st down. So Eli knew he didn't need to force things on 3rd.

yes i liked that too . At least we have a fresh aggressive approach from BM ( unlike the ultra conservative TC boring stuff )

i cant wait for a faked punt soon !

I was fine with it as it was happening.

I also like the fact that Macadoo told Eli they were in 4 down territory back when it was 1st down. So Eli knew he didn't need to force things on 3rd.

oh absolutely, that was the best part. The Giants came up to the line calm and cool, just rolling with their game plan. Everybody knew the plan, and the Bengals were caught flat-footed.

That call was, dare I say it, Belichickian.

It was the right call, IMO. Not just because it worked. Had it failed, odds are an anemic Bengals offense is stranded at about the 3, and that field position alone is almost as good as 3 points.

I think that the offense had that play drawn up from scouting the goal line defense of the Bengals all week. Gruden broke the play down and you saw that everyone bit on the outside routes and left Sheppard being covered one on one by a LB as he came across the field.

It was a ballsy call, but one that I think they were prepared for

agreed, Gorilla.

Its been several games in coming, but I really like some of the plays they've drawn up the last few games. Some of you may recall that I said early this season that they appeared to be sandbagging on their playbook, the offense in particular couldn't have been more vanilla the first several games. But now, although sporadically, we're starting to see different formations and some creative play design.

Vereen going down might've been a blessing in disguise. The passing offense was designed way too much around the tight ends and running backs.

Itd be nice to have a back capable of running the screen pass effectively, though...

That's not on the backs. Giants have been horrible at setting screens for as long as I can remember.

I agree with this.

Long developing RB screens are starting to die out in the NFL in general, for a screen to work you need a guard/tackle combo who can keep up and run with NFL LBs

With more and more outside LBs/DEs coming out of college who can double on a track team it's getting harder for OL to block on plays that call for them to pull/block outside the tackle box.

Most of the time the LB has beaten them there.

Snee and Diehl could run with LBs, both were athletic enough to do so, we don't have the lineman on the team to do so.

He spoke about that play at length afterwards. To him it wasn't being aggressive because he saw the offense run the play in practice and trusted the players to be able to execute it in the game.

It was a well executed play and designed perfectly.

Using OBJ to occupy an entire side of the secondary, allowing Shep to get one on one with a LB.

Maybe MacAttack actually learned something in GB.

Right because you think poor field position is somehow worth more than 3 points. You're not singing this song if they don't get in, none of us are. Don't pretend otherwise.

I agree, if that ball was dropped we would be saying, why not just kick the field goal, or why would you ever pass in that situation.... and I think that 90% that is the right thought process. But I think he was sitting with this play in his pocket and it was the perfect situation for it.