SportsWrath

Sunday night Giants vs. Eagles

Blindgreed1

McCoy and Sproles both ripped a few last Sunday. This was a direct result of Lane Johnson's return to the o-line. Whats impressed me over the last 3 games is that our defense is getting it done. Like Joe said... This shits about to get real.

Austin Davis throwing for 375 yards and 3td's is "getting it done"?

Austin Davis throwing for 375 yards and 3td's is "getting it done"?

5 TD's from the defense and special teams in the last two games. They're getting to opponents QB's for sacks and rushed passes... Yeah. They're playing their asses off. If we can get the ground game going with our patchwork o-line Giants will have more than a handful to deal with.

on the bright side, 5 TDs on specials and D is unsustainable... if the Eagles keep that up, they would completely destroy the NFL record for combined special teams and defensive TDs in a season. The combined records for special teams TDs and defensive TDs is 21, which no team has ever come close to, and the Eagles are on pace for almost 20.

The pass rush appears to be getting home, but as long as the QB can stay upright it doesn't seem to matter who they are, they're moving the ball on the Eagles secondary. I think the Eagles pass rush vs. Giants pass protection is going to be the match up to watch... I can't wait.

on the bright side, 5 TDs on specials and D is unsustainable... if the Eagles keep that up, they would completely destroy the NFL record for combined special teams and defensive TDs in a season. The combined records for special teams TDs and defensive TDs is 21, which no team has ever come close to, and the Eagles are on pace for almost 20.

The pass rush appears to be getting home, but as long as the QB can stay upright it doesn't seem to matter who they are, they're moving the ball on the Eagles secondary. I think the Eagles pass rush vs. Giants pass protection is going to be the match up to watch... I can't wait.

I think if the Giants receivers can hold on to the ball, they have a good chance. Not many pass rushes can get home in 2 seconds, and that's about the time it's taking Eli to get rid of the ball.

I'm not worried so much about the ran as the pass.

The Giant's are bottom five in the league when it comes to defending the pass.

DRC and Mooky do their job, but we cant cover the slot, TE or RBs.

Got to keep in mind that some of that is garbage yards over the past 3 games.

Exactly. I'll give them credit for being aggressive, but they can't rely on the ball bouncing their way every game. Luckily those turnovers have resulted in huge leads early for them. Being agressive also is getting them burnt for a ton of yardage

I wouldn't count on anything in a game between these two teams, ever. Too many games in this series end freakishly.

Agreed.....the season and records are irrelevant.....Giants v. Eagles is the NFL entering the Twilight Zone.

Agreed.....the season and records are irrelevant.....Giants v. Eagles is the NFL entering the Twilight Zone.

Let's hope this years episodes are more like Dick York's luck with the quarter on its edge...or even the one with the Old Dude who makes his best pitch...and then goes to Heaven...

No Burgess Meredith's with broken glasses in a bombed out world... or being scooped up by aliens and placed into a kids play set. :P

I wouldn't count on anything in a game between these two teams, ever. Too many games in this series end freakishly.

As Joe put it...its been too much Twilight Zone... no guy with a pocket watch that stops time and as he is cashing in he breaks it... :cwy:

hard fought divisional game , loads of mistakes coming up , freakish turnovers and huge plays .......Giants by 3 with a Josh Brown 52 yarder as time expires !

This belongs in the "Bold Prediction" thread :rules:

Man, both teams are talking a shit ton of smack.

This game is going to be pretty intense....the Giants had better be ready, because the Eagles are going to come out fired up.

Personally, I hate when the Giants talk shit before a huge game.

Man, both teams are talking a shit ton of smack.

This game is going to be pretty intense....the Giants had better be ready, because the Eagles are going to come out fired up.

Personally, I hate when the Giants talk shit before a huge game.

I was thinking that. Between Rolle and JPP, I wish they'd simply shut up. I mean, I fully expect Philly to be fired up given it's a division game and we're rivals and all that....but I think being quiet, getting prepared, not talking, going in with confidence, letting Philly guess what you're thinking, taking the win...and then talking as much shit as you want after...is the way to go.

Now, if we win, it won't be a big deal and we'll move on. But if we lose, the bravado display before the loss could make the loss seem worse than it is....the crushed bravado could linger whereas if the bravado wasn't there, it might be easier to move on from a loss.

yeah, but here's the thing about talking shit... it may motivate the other team, but if you beat them anyway, they will be left demoralized as hell.

The other team will be just as demoralized if you keep your fucking mouth shut, let them talk (because they always do in divisional games) and get the job done. I've always been against players talking shit. There's no need to say it. Just do it.

The other team will be just as demoralized if you keep your fucking mouth shut, let them talk (because they always do in divisional games) and get the job done. I've always been against players talking shit. There's no need to say it. Just do it.

Its usually a bad idea, but I don't know about that, I've known too many guys that are susceptible to head games. Maybe people like that tend to not be pro athletes, but there are some people who will beat themselves as soon as you start talking a little shit. Guess it just depends on the people on the team though.

Its usually a bad idea, but I don't know about that, I've known too many guys that are susceptible to head games. Maybe people like that tend to not be pro athletes, but there are some people who will beat themselves as soon as you start talking a little shit. Guess it just depends on the people on the team though.

My bad. Thought we were talking about professional athletes. My point is, let the other guys run their mouth. Then beat them down on the field. If you're good, you don't have to talk about it. Then the other guys look like impotent blow hards. You know... Because they blow. :laugh: