SportsWrath

Why was Shockey not in the game the second half?

shooboxx

Anyone hear why he was on the sidelines during the 2nd half? He didnt seem to be injured. Maybe benched cause he was yappin to Tony whatshisface and then bitchin on the sidelines towards the end of the first half?

Anyone hear why he was on the sidelines during the 2nd half? He didnt seem to be injured. Maybe benched cause he was yappin to Tony whatshisface and then bitchin on the sidelines towards the end of the first half?

TC said something about his ankle or foot he wasnt sure but we will have to wait and see he said in the post game interview

He had to have a sit down with Siragusa., that was more pressing.

Couldn't agree more, he looked totally unfocused yesterday and if he got pulled he deserved it. Again I love Shock and I thought he was right when he made those comments, but if you're going to bash others, you need to back it up and yesterday he dropped the ball.

It's bad when you have a 2 tight end set and one of them is Rich Seubert. Injury or no injury.

Couldn't agree more, he looked totally unfocused yesterday and if he got pulled he deserved it..... yesterday he dropped the ball.

It's bad when you have a 2 tight end set and one of them is Rich Seubert. Injury or no injury.

I dug that formation. With that formation and Brandon Jacobs as the tailback....the Giants could in effect continue the 'smash mouth' football esp when they lead in a game.

Couldn't agree more, he looked totally unfocused yesterday and if he got pulled he deserved it. Again I love Shock and I thought he was right when he made those comments, but if you're going to bash others, you need to back it up and yesterday he dropped the ball.

Not when your running game is the bigger part of the game.

I actually think he was benched for talking to Siragusa (which was funny, btw). I don't have a big problem with Shockey, the Giants need characters like him and he seems to respect Eli. He also blocks on every play. Good to see Shiancoe finally do some positive things.

Not when your running game is the bigger part of the game.

I don't want to be misunderstood. Rich Seubert is a good football player, but in a 2 tight end formation, you should have both your tight ends in the game. Seubert didnt do anything wrong.

I don't want to be misunderstood. Rich Seubert is a good football player, but in a 2 tight end formation, you should have both your tight ends in the game. Seubert didnt do anything wrong.

True, and I would prefer to have two legitimate TE threats in there. But when you have Tiki, Toomer, Burress, and your first TE in there, it can't hurt to have a sixth o-linemen. Very useful.

I'm beginning to really wish Shockey would do more in a game than talk. Granted, he takes a good defender away from other people on our offense, but he certainly didn't do a whole hell of a lot yesterday for all the talking he was doing.

Guest MontyPython

he might have been benched for talking to Siragusa in the huddle.

He didn't play after that episode in the 3rd qtr when they were on their own 2 yard line.

he might have been benched for talking to Siragusa in the huddle.

He didn't play after that episode in the 3rd qtr when they were on their own 2 yard line.

If true, I wouldn't blame Coughlin at all. Shockey needs to get his head in the game. And also, if true, it's nice of Coughlin to say it was the ankle/foot that kept him from coming back into the game.

Guest MontyPython
If true, I wouldn't blame Coughlin at all. Shockey needs to get his head in the game. And also, if true, it's nice of Coughlin to say it was the ankle/foot that kept him from coming back into the game.

its the word on the inside. apparently the coachs were none to happy with the false start (if you recall, they got backed up to 1 before Barber made that great run up the middle to start the march!) that the O started out with when they were backed up to the end zone.

Concentration anyone? thanks Siragusa

Shockey is hurt tho, make no mistake about it. He has been hurting since week 5 2002 vs Dallas when he broke his foot...he just guts it out

its the word on the inside. apparently the coachs were none to happy with the false start (if you recall, they got backed up to 1 before Barber made that great run up the middle to start the march!) that the O started out with when they were backed up to the end zone.

Yeah I agree. That was very unprofessional too.

Shockey is hurt tho, make no mistake about it. He has been hurting since week 5 2002 vs Dallas when he broke his foot...he just guts it out

I don't think it has much to do with guts. Hardly anyone plays hurt nowadays. Resting your ankle for 2 weeks is more than enough to let it heal. And if you keep getting the same injury, wear an ankle brace.. they do wonders.

curious, how do you get the inside word?

Guest MontyPython
curious, how do you get the inside word?

over the last 30 or so years, I have built a very good relationship

and that is all I will say.

the team are keeping mum on this, but honestly, did he return after the Siragusa incident?

over the last 30 or so years, I have built a very good relationship

and that is all I will say.

the team are keeping mum on this, but honestly, did he return after the Siragusa incident?

i reported this days before you, check the thread. i guess i have better inside sources.

Guest MontyPython
i reported this days before you, check the thread. i guess i have better inside sources.

I guess this is another idiot to put on ignore, oh wait silly me, I already had them on ignore!

i don't think you can question Shockey's heart or desire but he has been extremely fragile his whole pro career and no longer has any explosiveness in his cuts and patterns. Sure it's his ankle this week but the point is that it is always something.

I suspect that sadly his best days are well behind him.

i don't think you can question Shockey's heart or desire but he has been extremely fragile his whole pro career and no longer has any explosiveness in his cuts and patterns. Sure it's his ankle this week but the point is that it is always something.

I suspect that sadly his best days are well behind him.

I think saying that his best days are past is going a bit far. Sure, he's not putting up the numbers he did before, but you could credit that to teams learning how to defend a receiving TE as they've become more and more prevalent in today's NFL. You also have to take into account his taking a defender out of a given play that goes to someone else. I'm sure you remember how our WRs couldn't get open to save their lives prior to Shockey's arrival. That presence in the middle of the field opened up the outside significantly. Granted, even if he was some no-name TE, he'd still have a defender on him, but he certainly wouldn't draw the attention he does currently.

I would agree though, he has earned the fragile tag.