SportsWrath

Why was Shockey not in the game the second half?

shooboxx

I think saying that his best days are past is going a bit far. Sure, he's not putting up the numbers he did before, but you could credit that to teams learning how to defend a receiving TE as they've become more and more prevalent in today's NFL. You also have to take into account his taking a defender out of a given play that goes to someone else. I'm sure you remember how our WRs couldn't get open to save their lives prior to Shockey's arrival. That presence in the middle of the field opened up the outside significantly. Granted, even if he was some no-name TE, he'd still have a defender on him, but he certainly wouldn't draw the attention he does currently.

well said.

believe me nobody wants to see this guy healthy and tearing it up more than I do Gmen. I just worry about how beat up his lower body has been with to the best of my recollection:

turf toe

gimpy knee

ankle sprain

stress fracture on foot

all hitting him at one time or another

Guest MontyPython
when you have someone on ignore, you don't see their posts. you just lie for the helluvit, don't you?

you can "view" them even on ignore... :clap:

try it, you might like it?

and put me on ignore, please!

it will make life that much better around here for you

believe me nobody wants to see this guy healthy and tearing it up more than I do Gmen. I just worry about how beat up his lower body has been with to the best of my recollection:

turf toe

gimpy knee

ankle sprain

stress fracture on foot

all hitting him at one time or another

Once again, I agree that he has earned the injury-prone tag. It seems he's fighting injury all the time. I often wonder how many other players battle the same type injuries and you just don't hear about them. I suspect there's more truth to that than you or I will ever know. Now, why would we hear about Shockey's injuries more than another player's? We're Giants fans for one. We automatically pay more attention to our team. Secondly, I think we can all agree Shockey is quite outspoken. Third, he's a premier tight end in this league. And to that, you could even add the fact that he plays in New York and receives much more limelight for that reason alone.

But I would reiterate that despite Shockey's multiple injuries, I certainly wouldn't call him ineffective. There are, or could be, many other reasons for his dropoff in the statistics other than injury. That's really the point I'm trying to make. It's common sense that we all want him to succeed.

yeah, every once in a while I can put a few words together that make sense. save it, because I'm probably worthless now for a while.

if anyone ever says gmenroc is worthless, i will point them to this prose to prove you aren't.

Guest MontyPython
what, and miss all of your 'inside news'? ;)

yea

you don't need to see anything I write about the NYG's, past or present

and, did you see how you can put someone on ignore, yet still see their posts if you want to???

or are you gonna sit back and comment on that to?

yea

you don't need to see anything I write about the NYG's, past or present

and, did you see how you can put someone on ignore, yet still see their posts if you want to???

or are you gonna sit back and comment on that to?

i don't ignore, there's no one i take seriously enough on this message board to warrant my figuring out how to initiate ignore function, which seems pointless anyway if you look at everything they post.

if anyone ever says gmenroc is worthless, i will point them to this prose to prove you aren't.

50:1 odds

Blunatic remembers he wrote this tomorrow, finds a place to actually post it, and actually posts it.

25:1 odds

Blunatic remembers he wrote this tomorrow

2:1 odds

Blunatic forgets he wrote this by tomorrow

50:1 odds

Blunatic remembers he wrote this tomorrow, finds a place to actually post it, and actually posts it.

25:1 odds

Blunatic remembers he wrote this tomorrow

2:1 odds

Blunatic forgets he wrote this by tomorrow

:TU:

Guest MontyPython
it won't be you, skippy.

awww, too bad

one can also alter their posts to reflect things they never said in the first place?

(no date or time on edits)

sound familiar?

so

have you ignored me yet?

i don't think you can question Shockey's heart or desire but he has been extremely fragile his whole pro career and no longer has any explosiveness in his cuts and patterns. Sure it's his ankle this week but the point is that it is always something.

I suspect that sadly his best days are well behind him.

Honestly I've been feeling the same way about him. I'm afraid it's now more hype than actual performance and you put it best "Sure it's his ankle this week but the point is that it is always something".

awww, too bad

one can also alter their posts to reflect things they never said in the first place?

(no date or time on edits)

sound familiar?

so

have you ignored me yet?

and miss your paranoid musings? no chance, harvey.

btw, going to games for 30 years doesn't make you smart or in the inner circle, it just means you paid for seats. i sat with many people who had gone to the games since the polo grounds, they were neither connected nor knowledgeable about football.

Guest MontyPython
and miss your paranoid musings? no chance, harvey.

excuse me? about the NYG's?

go fuck yourself

there, that felt better

(now you go back on ignore)

Guest MontyPython
:rolleyes:

next time you show up for a battle of wits, bring yours.

thanks

oh, did I mention to go fuck yourself?

ok, I thought I did

(back to ignore - see Mods, the ignore button really don't work here!)