SportsWrath

Kiwanuka. A starter?

Ditto

Figure Strahan's getting old and can't play as much. I know we're pretty deep on the line and at linebacker, but as I said, I like his attitude.

Where is there any indication that Strahan can't play as much? :confused:

Although it is nice that he can rest during the game, without a huge dropoff in defensive capability.

I have no idea how he'll do overall, and especially against the run, but I like his attitude, and hope he's thrown right into the mix on a regular basis. He's my most watched newbie this season.

One question: Why would you want to break up the best tandem of DE in the league?

I have no idea how he'll do overall, and especially against the run, but I like his attitude, and hope he's thrown right into the mix on a regular basis. He's my most watched newbie this season.

He's great in pass situations. I'm not sure how he stacks up against the run. My guess is he needs a couple of years to maybe bulk up a little. Making him a starter means Osi takes a backseat... I don't see that happening. My guess is they'll go with rotating DEs to keep them fresh. Anyone who's ever played football knows how tired you get going full force play after play.

Although it is nice that he can rest during the game, without a huge dropoff in defensive capability.

It's not about getting an indication that starhan can't play. The guy is awsome. But there is no harm in resting him now saving him for the grind of the season while at the same time getting some on-field experience for the youngsters.

no to him starting this yr

his time will come

Right now he plays in the spot as Osi. I see him backing Osi or if he switches side he will be the eventual replacement for Strahan when the latter retires.

It just makes sense he can play more ferociously if he's in there less. And let's face it, it's not like he's 25 and can regererate between downs.

Kiwi isn't going to start. It's Strahan and Osi all the way barring injuries. However, it's nice having comfort in the fact that we're set at DE for a long time to come as Kiwi, Osi, and Tuck are all very young.

Wouldn't it be nice to acheive that same comfort level at RB?

I'm banking on drafting 1 of 2 positions in the first round next year: RB or OT. Depends who's available at 32, :rock:

HAHA lets hope so

if we do win the superbowl i think are team will turn to shit

Tiki will Retire and along with him i see going: Strahan, Toomer, Emmons, Madison, and McQuarters

off the top of my head that is who i see going

Tiki will obvisously be the hardest thing to replace but htere are a few good rb's but a 32 it would be hard to get them (Marshayne Lynch (SP?) Cal, Michael Bush Lousiville, Adrian Peterson Oklahoma, and i know i am forgetting one) Dont trust BJ ans the number one rb personally

Strahan we have a replacement with Tuck ank Kiwi

Toomer we will have Plax Moss and should i count Carter??? we will need a proven that in his time was a number one wr someone with skill level like Keyshaun Johnson (not him though just thought of that sort of player)

Madison McQuarters well McQuarters wont be that big of a deal but madison could be i am still not sold on the secondary this i fell has been a problem for a while so they will have to bring in a big player maybe Clements if the price is not too high

HAHA lets hope so

if we do win the superbowl i think are team will turn to shit

Tiki will Retire and along with him i see going: Strahan, Toomer, Emmons, Madison, and McQuarters

off the top of my head that is who i see going

Tiki will obvisously be the hardest thing to replace but htere are a few good rb's but a 32 it would be hard to get them (Marshayne Lynch (SP?) Cal, Michael Bush Lousiville, Adrian Peterson Oklahoma, and i know i am forgetting one) Dont trust BJ ans the number one rb personally

Strahan we have a replacement with Tuck ank Kiwi

Toomer we will have Plax Moss and should i count Carter??? we will need a proven that in his time was a number one wr someone with skill level like Keyshaun Johnson (not him though just thought of that sort of player)

Madison McQuarters well McQuarters wont be that big of a deal but madison could be i am still not sold on the secondary this i fell has been a problem for a while so they will have to bring in a big player maybe Clements if the price is not too high

That's untrue IMO. Sam had just signed a new deal, why would he retire after his first year of it? If Toomer has a very good season, he may still be hungry to continue upon a good season and make 2007 a great season. But if he does retire, there should be someone available whether it's in FA or in the draft. Strahan already has said that he'll retire in 2007, so don't worry about that. And why do you think RW will leave if we win a Super bowl? He signed a 2 year deal and is only 29. And Emmons leaving? Big whoop.

Even though there will be no full replacement for Barber, there are always solid RBs available, whether it's in FA, or in the draft. A lot of backs come out of nowhere, such as Samkon Gado and Willie Parker last year, both UFAs. So I'm not too worried about getting Tiki's eventual replacement. Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson would be a pipe dream, so I'm not counting on that.

That's untrue IMO. Sam had just signed a new deal, why would he retire after his first year of it? If Toomer has a very good season, he may still be hungry to continue upon a good season and make 2007 a great season. But if he does retire, there should be someone available whether it's in FA or in the draft. Strahan already has said that he'll retire in 2007, so don't worry about that. And why do you think RW will leave if we win a Super bowl? He signed a 2 year deal and is only 29. And Emmons leaving? Big whoop.

Even though there will be no full replacement for Barber, there are always solid RBs available, whether it's in FA, or in the draft. A lot of backs come out of nowhere, such as Samkon Gado and Willie Parker last year, both UFAs. So I'm not too worried about getting Tiki's eventual replacement. Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson would be a pipe dream, so I'm not counting on that.

Your right about the corners i forgot they just signed new deals...

it seems like toomer could be hanging around to win his final superbowl he is getting up there in age has been injured in the past and already holds some giants records

And tiki i know any of hte rb's i mentioned would be a pipedream (although deangelo williams and addia fell far this year :rolleyes: ) but it is just a concern along with the DT spot

Starter :LMAO: Yeah over a future hall of famer who is still great and a guy coming off all pro years. :LMAO:

Good to see your football acumen is as astute as your baseball knowledge.