SportsWrath

Giants to be on a new offseason hard knocks

Mr. P

I was wondering if the Giants were ever going to be in the show, apparently Mara is strongly against it.

Atleast it's the offseason, although it would of been great to see the Giants stuff in the preseason.

The drama around Barkley leaving and Jones is worth it alone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have never watched Hard Knocks...  something like not wanting to see how the sausage is made.   I do not think I can miss it with the Giants being on it though.

4 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

I have never watched Hard Knocks...  something like not wanting to see how the sausage is made.   I do not think I can miss it with the Giants being on it though.

It's an interesting take this year since it's only the offseason stuff for the Giants. 

I think it's the Browns who are doing training camp.

Then the AFC West is doing an in season hard knocks the whole division. 

I don’t want to read too much into it bc it’s only one episode and these guys are very clearly aware of the cameras during their convos, but I don’t get the impression that they were that serious about trading up for a qb

2 hours ago, Herc said:

I don’t want to read too much into it bc it’s only one episode and these guys are very clearly aware of the cameras during their convos, but I don’t get the impression that they were that serious about trading up for a qb

yeah honestly a lot of it just has that “doing it for the cameras” feel. 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

yeah honestly a lot of it just has that “doing it for the cameras” feel. 

There is just zero chance the scene where debol starts listing the titans defensive ranks when saying why he picked Bowen was real.  

On 7/3/2024 at 2:44 PM, Herc said:

There is just zero chance the scene where debol starts listing the titans defensive ranks when saying why he picked Bowen was real.  

It might have been after the first two guys he wanted said no and was then justifying Bowen...

Yeah maybe but there’s zero chance the gm needs bowen’s resume read to him—especially such insanely basic stats.  That felt more like for the benefit of the audience

7 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah maybe but there’s zero chance the gm needs bowen’s resume read to him—especially such insanely basic stats.  That felt more like for the benefit of the audience

Mild dig at Wink’s shitty run Ds with the Giants too.

Somebody pointed out that they're talking about Wilkins and one of the Giants Pro Personnel guys says "he's a two-down run stuffer, he doesn't rush the passer."

Wilkins was third in DT pass rush win rate last season.

Oops.

17 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Somebody pointed out that they're talking about Wilkins and one of the Giants Pro Personnel guys says "he's a two-down run stuffer, he doesn't rush the passer."

Wilkins was third in DT pass rush win rate last season.

Oops.

17 hours ago, Herc said:

Was that a Mara family member?

No, it was the head pro personnel guy. That’s kind of an interesting semantic discussion to follow on other boards, I think what he actually said is Wilkins is ‘not a difference making pass rusher’.  The dude is obviously a difference maker though, and he rushes the passer very well for his position, so it doesn’t look very smart.

I might have phrased it similarly though, because Wilkins isn’t a pass rusher. He’s an interior DL.