SportsWrath

Giants QB Future

Of course, we're all hoping Jones does well this year. Of course, we all suspect he's won't.

However, I heard a great argument this week for hope moving forward. If you look around the league, most teams don't need a QB right now, either having a good starter or a young player with potential already in the roster (especially since 6 were drafted in the 1st round this year).

Having a look, I'd say it shapes up like this:

Arizona Cardinals - no
Atlanta Falcons- no
Baltimore Ravens - no
Buffalo Bills- no
Carolina Panthers - no (unless Bryce REALLY sucks again)
Chicago Bears- no
Cincinnati Bengals - no
Cleveland Browns- no
Dallas Cowboys- no
Denver Broncos- no
Detroit Lions- no
Green Bay Packers- no
Houston Texans- no
Indianapolis Colts- yes
Jacksonville Jaguars- no
Kansas City Chiefs- no
Las Vegas Raiders - yes
Los Angeles Chargers - no
Los Angeles Rams - yes
Miami Dolphins - no
Minnesota Vikings - no
New England Patriots - no
New Orleans Saints -likely
New York Giants - yes
New York Jets -likely 
Philadelphia Eagles - no
Pittsburgh Steelers - unlikely 
San Francisco 49ers - no
Seattle Seahawks- no
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- no
Tennessee Titans- no
Washington Commanders- no

So really, assuming there's 3 qbs worth a first-round grade, we really online have to worry about outbidding 3-4 of them to land a guy we like, and we'll still have Malik Nabers. That ain't bad.

Did I miss Dallas giving Dak an extension?  You could easily make them a yes.

And until we know more about next year's class, we really dont know.  If it is anything like the class when Jones came out, we will be lucky to find 2 with a 1st round grade, let alone 4.

Same for Steelers who have two guys signed to 1 year deals last I checked.

12 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Did I miss Dallas giving Dak an extension?  You could easily make them a yes.

And until we know more about next year's class, we really dont know.  If it is anything like the class when Jones came out, we will be lucky to find 2 with a 1st round grade, let alone 4.

Same for Steelers who have two guys signed to 1 year deals last I checked.

I thought they had Fields for 2 more years.

Also, the 2020 NFL draft was generally considered to be pretty weak the year ahead of time, but we got Burrow, Herbert, Tua, and Love outta that group. You just never know.

I’d make Indy a no.  Richardson looked alright before he got hurt + missing a lot of the season basically buys him an extra year even if he blows in 2024

I don't think Indy or the Rams are in on a QB next year.

Indy has Richardson who looked good before he got hurt.

Rams are apparently happy with what's his face they just signed backing up Stafford. 

I'd also say the Raiders if they are smart and he plays well locks up Minshew. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

I’d make Indy a no.  Richardson looked alright before he got hurt + missing a lot of the season basically buys him an extra year even if he blows in 2024

Oh shit I forgot Richardson was on their team. Another one off the list.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Seahawks may be in the market for a QB is Lock sucks this year. 

Cowboys might be looking for a QB as well if they dont tag Dak. 

Lock is our backup this year. Maybe our starter. Dak will be a Cowboy for life, he's the new Tony Romo.

28 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Just hope we don’t end up with Shaduer Sanders. That twitter bullying was low and he’s going to not be a popular locker room leader at the next level. 

Yeah I want nothing to do with that guy. His old man is still an asshole too and I don't want him sniffing around the team.

18 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Lock is our backup this year. Maybe our starter. Dak will be a Cowboy for life, he's the new Tony Romo.

Yeah I want nothing to do with that guy. His old man is still an asshole too and I don't want him sniffing around the team.

It'll be a complete circus whereever he goes.  I can Deon angling to get on the coaching staff.  Some team like the Raiders will fire their coach after the season and hire Deon as HC and draft his son.  

47 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Sorry meant Howell but my point still remains about the Seahawks lol 

Funny how when other guys get hurt they just 'get hurt' but with DJ its perilous! - if Richardson again has a season ending injury - Indy is definitely in the market. So are Pittsburgh if those 2 niggas dont pan out there. Dallas will NOT give Dak an extension if he pulls another Dak this season. Its a crapshoot - we just dont know.

9 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Funny how when other guys get hurt they just 'get hurt' but with DJ its perilous! - if Richardson again has a season ending injury - Indy is definitely in the market. So are Pittsburgh if those 2 niggas dont pan out there. Dallas will NOT give Dak an extension if he pulls another Dak this season. Its a crapshoot - we just dont know.

We're giving Jones a year 6.

Why would Indy give up after two?

33 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Well it’s only one injury and not multiple to his neck but yeah two season ending injuries in two years would prob make them start considering a plan b

35 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Damn bro. Even soft r that doesn’t land right. 

Abs I don’t see Dak ever going anywhere. Objectively, he’s a top 10 QB at least, and you don’t replace that.

He’s a 4500 yd 35 td 70% passer with a 64% career winning percentage across two coaching staffs. 

3 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Abs I don’t see Dak ever going anywhere. Objectively, he’s a top 10 QB at least, and you don’t replace that.

He’s a 4500 yd 35 td 70% passer with a 64% career winning percentage across two coaching staffs. 

Outside of tagging him, the Cowboys can't do anything to stop it. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Well it’s only one injury and not multiple to his neck but yeah two season ending injuries in two years would prob make them start considering a plan b

This for sure.  No one is the Second Coming and they all fade away.  I looked at Joe Namath the all star Jets QB of the 1968 Super Bowl win and he looked like my 75 year old grandfather as he is that old.  I was laughing to myself remembering him throwing the Bomb to Emerson Boozer during the 1968 season and the Super Bowl.  You can't remain static and in today's free agent NFL two to three years you have to show something for a rookie otherwise the people who brought you in start disappearing and/or losing their jobs then you become someone else's issue.  A QB trying to be an RB in the 21st Century... not the early 20th Century is looking to be crippled or put out of commission 6-8 games into a season.  DJ is not the answer... a pure bridge if I have ever seen one... time to cut bait... endure the paid and come out the other side.

19 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

We're giving Jones a year 6.

Why would Indy give up after two?

They will if he gets injured again is what i mean.....DJ has gone through 3 coaches, 3 OCs and shitty offensive line his entire career. I hope he has a good year so we can utilise it somehow considering the QB market.

On the flipside...not cool by NY fans booing Barkley when he attended the NBA game between the Knicks and the 76ers