SportsWrath

Future Giant.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

About as happy as I can be for Round 1 - got the guy I was hoping theyd get since I knew they were not going QB this year. Lock starts the year until Jones is healthy. And then Jones takes over. This is whats gonna happen this year.

Kinda how I feel.  They tried to move up for a QB and did not overpay to do so.  I thought that the right approach.  It was gonna take a huge premium to get into top 3.  I think McCarthy interest was a lot of smoke and mirrors to get Maye to drop.  Didnt work, but like it.

Would have traded down, but given 6 QBs in top 12...the teams looking to come up may have been few and we would have missed out on top WR and top QB.

So yeah, happy with the pick.  I am really hoping for IOL here in the 2nd...Cooper Beebe or the dude out of Connecticut

I liked BB's point about Nebors ability to get open quickly helping the offensive line not have to block for long.  I still want to see Beebe or Haynes here in rd 2.

If we can get anything consistent from our run game and keep the football coming out quickly, it could cover up a lot.

I also want to see more crossing routes out of Hiatt...deep speed is good, but cutting across through traffic can free a guy completely.