SportsWrath

Giants sign Jon Runyan

Herc

Schefter tweet: Former Packers guard Jon Runyan reached agreement on a three-year deal with the New York Giants for $30 million, including $17 million guaranteed at signing. The deal was confirmed by agents Drew Rosenhaus and Kyle Lincoln.

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

This guy was one of the worst guards in the NFL last year.

Even worse than our guys.

He wasnt even a full time starter he was being rotated in with a rookie. 

What the fuck is Schoen doing. 

Jesus H Christ...

This is just like in 2019 when Gettlement signed that 3rd rate guard from the Jags for like $5M per year.

7 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Well I was hoping it was the dad and not his son.

What an awful signing lol 

We could’ve brought strahan in for practices and continued his nightmare

I have spent 0 minutes looking at Packers Oline film...  but from the Packers site, sounds like a solid player and the line needs all it can get

• Started 33 games over the past two seasons (22 at left guard, 11 at right guard), the most among Green Bay offensive linemen over that span.
  • In his 33 career starts, has been penalized just one time (holding penalty vs. Minnesota in Week 17 last season). Had the fewest penalties among NFL offensive linemen that made 30-plus starts in 2021-22.
  • Started all 17 games last season, opening 11 at RG and six at LG, and was part of a line that helped the Packers rank No. 7 in the NFL in sacks allowed (32).
  • Appeared in all 17 games with 16 starts at LG in 2021, one of only two Green Bay offensive linemen (G/T Royce Newman) to start 16-plus games that season.
  • Played in all 16 contests in 2020, the only Green Bay rookie to appear in every game, seeing time at both guard spots.
  • Earned first-team All-Big Ten honors from the conference's coaches as both a junior and a senior, also taking home first-team recognition from the media as a senior in 2019.
  • Appeared in 32 career games with 25 starts for the Wolverines, opening 24 contests at left tackle and one at right tackle.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Jesus H Christ...

This is just like in 2019 when Gettlement signed that 3rd rate guard from the Jags for like $5M per year.

Lol no kidding.

Guy has never rated higher than 65 on PFF (if your into that thing).

Why didn't we just extended Glowinski?

Jesus Christ lol 

1 minute ago, GorillaNJ said:

I have spent 0 minutes looking at Packers Oline film...  but from the Packers site, sounds like a solid player and the line needs all it can get

• Started 33 games over the past two seasons (22 at left guard, 11 at right guard), the most among Green Bay offensive linemen over that span.
  • In his 33 career starts, has been penalized just one time (holding penalty vs. Minnesota in Week 17 last season). Had the fewest penalties among NFL offensive linemen that made 30-plus starts in 2021-22.
  • Started all 17 games last season, opening 11 at RG and six at LG, and was part of a line that helped the Packers rank No. 7 in the NFL in sacks allowed (32).
  • Appeared in all 17 games with 16 starts at LG in 2021, one of only two Green Bay offensive linemen (G/T Royce Newman) to start 16-plus games that season.
  • Played in all 16 contests in 2020, the only Green Bay rookie to appear in every game, seeing time at both guard spots.
  • Earned first-team All-Big Ten honors from the conference's coaches as both a junior and a senior, also taking home first-team recognition from the media as a senior in 2019.
  • Appeared in 32 career games with 25 starts for the Wolverines, opening 24 contests at left tackle and one at right tackle.

Well…at least he plays.  That’s an improvement for us 

9 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Boy. and foolish me was hoping we could swing him and Onwenu. 

Don’t beat yourself up.  This guard market really fucking exploded.  This Runyan deal was like a 3 year 15 mil contract last year

5 minutes ago, Herc said:

Don’t beat yourself up.  This guard market really fucking exploded.  This Runyan deal was like a 3 year 15 mil contract last year

Quality Olineman are disappearing in the NFL.

If you can somewhat block you are making money in the NFL now.

Raanan: 

G Jon Runyan Jr.:
🏈 Has played at least 16 games in three straight seasons

🏈Pass rush win rate of 94.2% this past season (9th among Gs)

🏈Son of Eagles legend Jon Runyan, who was Michael Strahan's most hated rival

Just now, Herc said:

Raanan: 

G Jon Runyan Jr.:
🏈 Has played at least 16 games in three straight seasons

🏈Pass rush win rate of 94.2% this past season (9th among Gs)

🏈Son of Eagles legend Jon Runyan, who was Michael Strahan's most hated rival

I like how no one is pointing out that he was benched last year for a rookie and rotated in and out all year.

I guess other teams cast offs are starters here however with our best guard being Pugh.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Looks like a very good pass blocker and below average run blocker.  

an improvement. 

Pretty much how I feel.  My standard for feeling satisfied on a guard is really low after last year.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Pretty much how I feel.  My standard for feeling satisfied on a guard is really low after last year.

lol yeah i just don’t want him to look like an asshole out there. 

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

Jesus H Christ...

Patrick Oh... OhMama...

Maybe we get lucky and this turns out to be one of those guys that gets a fire under his ass with a different team.

WTF do I know, I live in Vegas, my whole life is a crapshoot. 

7 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Boy, and foolish me was hoping we could swing him and Onwenu. 

Stimpy, you idiot.....The Pats are re-signing Onwenu to a three-year, $57 million deal with $38 million guaranteed.

Was never gonna happen, although, if you threw $157 million (Hunt and Onwenu) at the Oline, even Tommy Cutlets could succeed.