SportsWrath

New York Giants 2024 NFL Free Agent Targets | What Will Joe Schoen Do With $60 MM In Cap Space?

BronxRik

I don't know who this guy is, I stumbled across him on Youtube. I posted his vid in the Kafka thread because he had a twit by Tynes about trading for Josh Allen, and now he pops up on my home page as a recommendation, so I figured I'd share with you guys. Figured you guys will either like him or tear me to shreds for posting his stuff. I like some of what he says. 

33 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Hey look... it's DE Josh Allen, the guy I was screaming for us to draft five years ago when I said to wait till next year to draft Herbert.

When will the Giants start listening to me?

To be fair, Allen is often injured and hasn't been anywhere close to his first round top 10 pick player, which is why I assume the Jags have no problem letting him walk. 

I'd still take Thomas over Herbert since we'll Herbert wouldn't be looking to great as a Giant. 

Especially without a LT lol 

I assume Slayton gets cut, looks like that's around 6 or 7 million in savings.

Waller wouldn't be surprising to see cut either, possibly 10 million there. 

McKinney is dead space and would save a few million. 

Glowinski would be around 8 million saved. 

Lots of options.

I think there are too many holes not to give Neal a shot inside.  A top 10 pick...gotta make sure he is complete trash before you throw him out.  

I mean, we are starving and looking at the outdated leftovers in the fridge...gotta take a bite even if it smells a little funky...cause you know, you're hungry af.

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Thoughts on moving Neal to LG between AT and JMS to protect his deficiencies and maximize his strength?

Let him try to win a spot at RT amd and RG but have other players there in case he ends up playing like Evan Neal.

15 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I think Neal would serve better at Guard right up until he is asked to pull and get outside.  

Young inexperienced offensive coordinators love pulling guards, trap plays and misdirection.  They rarely have the personal for it, and it shows.  Just line these guys up and have them push straight ahead.  Let the RB try to find the creases.  Barkley was never known for his vision though.  So we may have to reboot there.  Our LT and RT "projects" need to be covered up inside at LG and/or RG and go with that.  Bring in veteran offensive tackles as the positions are too important to leave to rookies.  Have the rookies be at the guard spots and take direction from a veteran center to help them.  This is the formula to a fair to decent line.

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

60 millimeters of cap space does not sound like much. That's less than three inches of cap space.

I know most of you have spent your lives trying to convince people that three inches is a large measurement but I assure you, it is not.

3 inches gets the job done.