SportsWrath

So we sign a QB this week, right?

Sephiroth

19 hours ago, mastershake said:

I was thinking that with the overtime play calling, and the play calling in general.

And the third-string QB and pulling players off the street mid-season due to injuries.

At this point in McAdoo's career too it was apparent that he was in over his head and was just a dumbass, and I don't get that from Daboll yet... but it's creeping in.  Some of that play calling yesterday was atrocious.  I didn't watch his postgame presser but since the media isn't clowning him I'm guessing he didn't say "we're gonna have to look at the tape" 40 times. 

18 hours ago, boohyah said:

Nah, a weak effort for sure, but fuck me the qb sneaks by Judge were the low point for this franchise IMO

Yeah we're not quite there yet, but if we start trotting out the Jake Fromms of the league in a few weeks we'll see what happens. 

Is DeVito not one of the Jake Fromms of the league?

I am curious if Jones' neck doesn't magically get better this week...

4 games til the bye...I would've said prior that Vegas, NE, and Wash are all winnable with TT or DJ...but can't see it with DeVito even though I like him as a backup.

I don't get why this needs to be so complicated for the Giants. Carson Wentz is a decent QB with extensive experience. It shouldn't even be a question to sign him today ASAP, even if Daniel Jones is expected to play this week. Even in that best case scenario, Jones is still injury prone, and Devito as the backup just doesn't cut it. Devito shouldn't even be on the roster if he can't be trusted to throw the ball more than 1 yard down field.

Wentz is apparently a locker room horror but Matt Ryan, colt mccoy and Joe Flacco are available and would’ve been trusted to throw the ball yesterday.  This is completely mind boggling that they would roster someone they thought so poorly of. 

Foles is available too.  We aren’t going anywhere but they are going to run through whatever equity they built up last year real fucking fast if they run back what they did in that second half yesterday.  Oh and please pull gano aside and insist he get the surgery that he suddenly needs.  No fucking thanks to a guy who can’t kick 35 yard field goals 

3 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Matt Ryan watched that game from the TV booth and I am sure he saw enough to stay next to tiki.

Lol true.  He must’ve been thinking “are you fucking serious?  I can’t get a job and this guy gets a uniform?”

11 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Matt Ryan watched that game from the TV booth and I am sure he saw enough to stay next to tiki.

That is a great point...    any retired QB who has had any level of success is already very wealthy and might not be willing to come and play for this team.     How long before we start hearing about Kapernick

What CrazedDog pointed out yesterday is that DJ took most of the practice squad throws from Devito as well.  So DJ is driving this asshole bus as well trying to get back and "prove" he is a top level QB and not a glorified game manager who lucked into a great contract.  He missed his calling at being a running back for sure.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

What CrazedDog pointed out yesterday is that DJ took most of the practice squad throws from Devito as well.  So DJ is driving this asshole bus as well trying to get back and "prove" he is a top level QB and not a glorified game manager who lucked into a great contract.  He missed his calling at being a running back for sure.

What the fuck kind of sense does this make? 

"I know... we'll have a QB who can't play take all the practice reps so that if the backup goes down, he still can't play but neither can the other guy because he didn't practice!"