SportsWrath

Aaron Rodgers vs. The NY Giants Gameday Thread

BronxRik

31 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

To be fair.

I don't know how much a shove after a play shows a guy.

Now if Ward just straight up laid out Rodgers then that would of been something.

Otherwise it was a petty pathetic attempt by Ward to look tough IMO lol 

Well...if it was 10 years ago I would agree with you....but you bang out a QB now ...even when he is holding the ball you get a 15 and a warning. You do it when he doesn't have the ball...you get suspended.

It was a nice little....hello.

Hopefully the DBs have Cobb's number when they play again too as he is a cheap shot fuck.

C. Wagon

LT's or even Strahan's era this would have been time to lay him out. Now guys would be suspended, fined and or even criminally charged.  They really need to put red dresses on QB's now.  Some of those LT hits would be straight up assault today.  Ron Jaworski (QB of Egals) Neil Lomax (QB of the Cardinals), Danny White (the Broke Backs), and Joe Theisman (Native American Epithets) would all agree that QBs today are soft and were brutalized repeatedly by LT in his prime.  The high light reels don't do it justice bro.  We saw it live. :angry::o:blink::ph34r::rip::cry::flair:

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

LT's or even Strahan's era this would have been time to lay him out. Now guys would be suspended, fined and or even criminally charged.  They really need to put red dresses on QB's now.  Some of those LT hits would be straight up assault today.  Ron Jaworski (QB of Egals) Neil Lomax (QB of the Cardinals), Danny White (the Broke Backs), and Joe Theisman (Native American Epithets) would all agree that QBs today are soft and were brutalized repeatedly by LT in his prime.  The high light reels don't do it justice bro.  We saw it live. :angry::o:blink::ph34r::rip::cry::flair:

Memba the time the Pack pretty much ended Jim McMahon's career....and the next time they played....the Packers ended Majawaskis career.

Just crazy shit.

C. Wagon

40 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Memba the time the Pack pretty much ended Jim McMahon's career....and the next time they played....the Packers ended Majawaskis career.

Just crazy shit.

C. Wagon

Yo bro... I remember all of that.  The big hits from the 70s, 80s and early 90s.  Epic times man.  Free agency changed a lot of this.  Guys were simply homicidal back then.  The game sure has changed.  Some good, some indifferent and some not so good.

17 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Ward fucked with him because of the crack back Cobb put on one of our corners.

He heard them laughing about in their huddle. He wasn't going to let is go unanswered.

55 is stand up guy all day long and Rogers is a headcase who was playing to the mic he was wearing. 

C. Wagon

I cant put this any better than what you said. That asshole! Week 7 i gonna be interesting....i want banks to lay the smackdown on Wilson

19 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Just crazy shit.

C. Wagon

A bears fan came into the NYG subreddit this week and basically asked why we didn't do this to Rodgers.

Gonna be a fun game in a few weeks.

On 9/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

Well...if it was 10 years ago I would agree with you....but you bang out a QB now ...even when he is holding the ball you get a 15 and a warning. You do it when he doesn't have the ball...you get suspended.

It was a nice little....hello.

Hopefully the DBs have Cobb's number when they play again too as he is a cheap shot fuck.

C. Wagon

But that's what I mean.

Don't try to act all tough but just give him a tap.

Either lay the fucker out take the suspension for a few games and come back a hero or don't do anything at all and sack the guy. 

I'll always remember Diehl laying out that one Cowboys defender after they hit Eli late, just up and blindsided the defender once he got up. 

That's how you stand up for a teammate. 

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

A bears fan came into the NYG subreddit this week and basically asked why we didn't do this to Rodgers.

Gonna be a fun game in a few weeks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Don't want to assault him but would love an LT to Montana style punishment right about week 7. :rock::ph34r::Popcorn-emot:

16 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

But that's what I mean.

Don't try to act all tough but just give him a tap.

Either lay the fucker out take the suspension for a few games and come back a hero or don't do anything at all and sack the guy. 

I'll always remember Diehl laying out that one Cowboys defender after they hit Eli late, just up and blindsided the defender once he got up. 

That's how you stand up for a teammate. 

This team is a lot smarter with Daboll - he knows its not about playing for the stands

11 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

This team is a lot smarter with Daboll - he knows its not about playing for the stands

This... who really cares.  Let them win the stands... we want another Lombardi or two... to go with the four we already have.  Last time I checked the Jests display case is kind of lonely since 1969... when I was 5... count them 5 years old. :laugh:

4 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

This... who really cares.  Let them win the stands... we want another Lombardi or two... to go with the four we already have.  Last time I checked the Jests display case is kind of lonely since 1969... when I was 5... count them 5 years old. :laugh:

It’s expired.