SportsWrath

Evan Neal leaves practice with concussion

Mr. P

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Treehugger said:

He's progressed to non-contact participation. Must have been a decent knock to keep him out for over a week.

Hopefully it is just extra precaution to keep it from recurring cause we saw what our backup OTs could do and it wasn't much.

9 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Listening to the VOD of a Patricia Traina podcast and she asked someone about the tape and they said today was one of the first days on the indoor field and sometimes players get taped or taped differently for turf vs grass. 

24 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Thought he looked good this week when I was dialed in on him. Vs backups mostly, damn shame they sat their top edges.

He's showing improvement which is something you want to see from a year 2 guy.

He doesn't need to be the next Thomas but I think he'll get to the level where he's a solid start for years to come. 

Like Diehl. 

18 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's showing improvement which is something you want to see from a year 2 guy.

He doesn't need to be the next Thomas but I think he'll get to the level where he's a solid start for years to come. 

Like Diehl. 

Diehl was one of the most underrated guys.  Dude started wherever he was called/needed.  Was the quintessential Jack of all trades, master of none in the offensive line.  Solid, reliable...but not necessarily probowl calibur at any one spot.

If Neal becomes that, I'd be ecstatic after his year 1 struggles...but given draft status, my hope and expectation is that he becomes more of a Kareem McKenzie and is healthy, solid, reliable...take ownership of the right side kinda guy

31 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Diehl was one of the most underrated guys.  Dude started wherever he was called/needed.  Was the quintessential Jack of all trades, master of none in the offensive line.  Solid, reliable...but not necessarily probowl calibur at any one spot.

If Neal becomes that, I'd be ecstatic after his year 1 struggles...but given draft status, my hope and expectation is that he becomes more of a Kareem McKenzie and is healthy, solid, reliable...take ownership of the right side kinda guy

I think if a first round pick even in the top 5 is on your team for 10 years as an average starter you got a very rare thing.

Sure if he becomes an all pro it would be great but there's only ever a handful of guys who get there and stay at that level.

I just want consistently solid play. 

44 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think if a first round pick even in the top 5 is on your team for 10 years as an average starter you got a very rare thing.

Sure if he becomes an all pro it would be great but there's only ever a handful of guys who get there and stay at that level.

I just want consistently solid play. 

No debate there.  Solid, reliable, available.  Can excuse the occasional brain fart if 90% of the time the dude does the job...especially over 10 years

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

No debate there.  Solid, reliable, available.  Can excuse the occasional brain fart if 90% of the time the dude does the job...especially over 10 years

It's why that 2005 to 2009 Oline was so crazy.

All five guys were just so good and consistently good. 

Diehl/Seuburt/OHara/Snee/McKenize. 

Fuck what a time it was to watch those running games. 

Brandon Jacobs running full speed through a gap wide enough to fit a semi truck.

Just to go full force into some saftey thinking he's tough shit getting fucking blasted by Jacobs. 

Need to go rewatch some highlight.