SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think with Robinson returning to the field (whom Jones seemed to be building chemistry with) and Waller (if he stays healthy he's probowl bound), I think Jones does show the NFL what he's worth.

Robinson likely starts the year on pup list.  

The way Bellinger is looking, Waller could be used as a major mismatch against safeties and LBers. Evan Neal needs to take a step forward. And we have 8 days until we can work something out with Saquon. In quite excited to see what Hyatt can do

A lot rides on Neal this season, no doubt.  Bellinger/Weller is a nice 1/2 at TE...both block and catch well and can create mismatches.

I think Robinson ends up as slot guy only and we start with Slayton and Shep.  Would not be shocked to see Hyatt in 3 WR sets early on.

I think Barkley plays this season no matter what...but I am guessing that if he has to play on tag, he will make up his mind now that next year, he certainly will not unless Giants blow him away with an offer.  And I think the Giants are far more okay with Barkley moving on next year than fans are.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The TE's are set and will be something wonderful.  Agree with gmenroc on Saquon... no big money only sensible money.  The Giants will be able to find a replacement for him next year.

if Waller can stay healthy. 

On 7/10/2023 at 4:53 PM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The TE's are set and will be something wonderful.  Agree with gmenroc on Saquon... no big money only sensible money.  The Giants will be able to find a replacement for him next year.

Barkley’s personality and locker room presence count for something.   Things that don’t necessarily show up on stats/resumes.    Defenses have to account for Barkley every time he’s on the field.   

2 hours ago, Nas said:

Barkley’s personality and locker room presence count for something.   Things that don’t necessarily show up on stats/resumes.    Defenses have to account for Barkley every time he’s on the field.   

I hear that... time will tell.  

For sure Iceman... this is a gamble by the Giants... too bad we had Gettleman who vastly overpaid people with his dumb decisions.  Barkley is being made to pay for that IMHO.  Only time will tell.  I think DJ is better with Barkley than without him for sure.

12 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure Iceman... this is a gamble by the Giants... too bad we had Gettleman who vastly overpaid people with his dumb decisions.  Barkley is being made to pay for that IMHO.  Only time will tell.  I think DJ is better with Barkley than without him for sure.

The whole offense is better with Barkley than without - he absorbs 40% of the defense's focus by just being on the field.

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

The whole offense is better with Barkley than without - he absorbs 40% of the defense's focus by just being on the field.

Not just that... I think Barkley will take some of the heat off of our now-competent WR corps, and vice versa. 

Want to put a safety on Jalin Hyatt deep? Enjoy Saquon on a dig for 15. Your speedy LB playing man on Waller? Saquon in the flat for another 8. 

Conversely, I suspect play action to be a big part of most game plans this season. Once those LBs and safeties bite we'll finally have receivers that can do some real damage.

Think about all those Jones runs last season.  Most of those were off the rpo and if it wasn’t Barkley back there that he may have handed it to, he gets tackled for a loss on a lot of those. 

• 2 months later...