SportsWrath

Webb to start.

BlueInCanada

The Dolphins tried to sign Webb off the Giants’ practice squad during the middle of this week, but he chose to stay put, according to NFL Network. Webb’s decision suggests he knew then that he would get a chance to play Sunday, and the Dolphins pivoted to signing former Giants quarterback Mike Glennon out of free agency.”

Fuckka yoooo, Dolphinnns:

It is an opportunity long in the making for Webb, who was a 2017 third-round draft pick cast as the heir apparent to Eli Manning. That plan went awry when general manager Jerry Reese and head coach Ben McAdoo were fired and Webb was cut after one season to make room for the new regime’s preferred developmental option Kyle Lauletta.”

:facepalm:

Webb took a circuitous path back to the Giants that included three seasons as a third-stringer mastering then-offensive coordinator Daboll’s playbook with the Bills. He passed on an offer to become the Bills quarterbacks coach last offseason and instead followed Daboll to the Giants, where he has backed up Jones and Tyrod Taylor from the practice squad.”

I’m so excited to see my boy out there… granted I shouldn’t expect much given he hasn’t played in a while.

56 minutes ago, Nas said:

Webb took a circuitous path back to the Giants that included three seasons as a third-stringer mastering then-offensive coordinator Daboll’s playbook with the Bills. He passed on an offer to become the Bills quarterbacks coach last offseason and instead followed Daboll to the Giants, where he has backed up Jones and Tyrod Taylor from the practice squad.”

I’m so excited to see my boy out there… granted I shouldn’t expect much given he hasn’t played in a while.

He was a lot of fun to watch in the preseason this year. Far exceeded my expectations too. 

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'm surprised you bet on a game that has no meaning to the Giants.

I bet on non giants games, I bet on non football games sometimes too. 

I just had a feeling Toney would score a td so I put a little on it. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

He was a lot of fun to watch in the preseason this year. Far exceeded my expectations too. 

The Giants elevated Webb from the practice squad for the third time this season — that’s the maximum allowed for each player — and will start him rather than turn to the veteran Taylor, who has 53 career starts. Webb has appeared in one regular-season career game without throwing a pass, but he showed a mastery of Daboll’s offense during the preseason when he completed 74.1 percent of his passes for 457 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions to compile a 99.7 rating.”

:bounce:

3 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Nas has been trying to calm his boner all morning. But imagine this mother fucker drops 400 yards after jones being announced Eli’s daddy already. 

lol.  Eli is about to be like the 5th best giants qb this millennium. 

45 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Nas has been trying to calm his boner all morning. But imagine this mother fucker drops 400 yards after jones being announced Eli’s daddy already. 

lol

INB4 "LET JONES WALK AND START WEBB" posts all over the internet if it happens.

8 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

This makes the game much more exciting to watch     I want to see Webb shove his cock up the Eagles ass

Are the Egils resting their defense? If so then yeah Webb probably puts up some yards since he's a "FUCK IT AND CHUCK IT" QB.

If not then we may just seen some of the worst football a QB will have besides last year lol

23 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Are the Egils resting their defense? If so then yeah Webb probably puts up some yards since he's a "FUCK IT AND CHUCK IT" QB.

If not then we may just seen some of the worst football a QB will have besides last year lol

Do you have to be such a Debbie Downer?    I have an open mind.   I've made my LOVE for Jones and Webb known for years... none of that has changed.    Go Giants!!! :flex:

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

Unleash

The

Dragon

I think that's what they're going to do... They're not letting this game to waste... part of it is "let's give some guys some reps"... and part of it is "we have nothing to lose, Fuck the Eagles (Fuck Buttface Peterson... I know no longer there but fuck him anyway).    Let's let our guy sling it... nothing to lose.   

Here are the Giants’ officially inactive players:

SS Julian Love — resting

CB Adoree’ Jackson — was listed as doubtful (knee)

RB Saquon Barkley — resting

OLB Azeez Ojulari — already ruled out (ankle)

LT Andrew Thomas — resting

DL Dexter Lawrence — resting

DL Leonard Williams — already ruled out (neck)

Other Giants starters surely won’t play in this game, so we’ll update this rundown accordingly, once it becomes clear who is sitting out, as backups play.