SportsWrath

RIP da turf.

BlueInCanada

And what surface is the safest? Or do they want to go just all grass? I would think grass is the least safe. Probably some form of synthetic on top of soil would be safest? 

I'm not a grass expert, we should probably ask JR about it. 

On 11/12/2022 at 1:24 PM, BronxRik said:

And what surface is the safest? Or do they want to go just all grass? I would think grass is the least safe. Probably some form of synthetic on top of soil would be safest? 

I'm not a grass expert, we should probably ask JR about it. 

From the interviews I have seen the majority of players prefer actual grass...    not sure how things rate out medically

2 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

From the interviews I have seen the majority of players prefer actual grass...    not sure how things rate out medically

2 hours ago, Herc said:

I believe it.  I’ve been on the field and it def feels very different than grass but all turf does 

I have been on the old Giants Stadium turf and that stuff was Like playing concrete with a carpet over it

Grass and mud are the ways to play 

Green Bay, Raiders, 9ers and a few others (Philly and Bears) have combo fields that are both synthetic and natural grass. When you watch the games instead of seeing those rubber pellets pop up when they slide...you see sand.

It makes sense...it is all weather and can take a beating. Probably what they would need at Met Life given the traffic it gets.

The Domed stadiums would be the the toughest... the ones that could do it no problem I think are Huston (they had natural before), LA (glass roof) Minnie (glass roof) Atlanta, Dallas, Colts, ( all have the ablitity to open their dooms) Cardinals too (I think they have combo grass too)....but New Orleans and Detroit...might have to get some remodeling done to comply,

I hope this comes to pass....not only the injuries...but the fake turf looks like shit and makes is hard to distinguish where the game is being played...they all look the same.

C. Wagno