SportsWrath

Preseason Game one

GorillaNJ

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

Did we watch the same game?  In what ways  was Tyrod way ahead of Jones..  both QBs were hitting on check down passes against a back up secondary.  If Golladay makes either of the catches on balls at the endzone Jones' stat line would look much better.   

I am very happy we have Tyrod as a competent backup because last year was a nightmare.

That is true about Golladay and his impact on Jones' stat line. But it would take one hell of a stat line to be impressive when it's our starters against their second string. 

To me, I saw one player with NFL level presence of mind, and another that panics when there's any pass rush whatsoever. I trust Taylor much more in big moments. Jones still looks incredibly hesitant. He still looks like an athletically gifted rookie. 

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

That is true about Golladay and his impact on Jones' stat line. But it would take one hell of a stat line to be impressive when it's our starters against their second string. 

To me, I saw one player with NFL level presence of mind, and another that panics when there's any pass rush whatsoever. I trust Taylor much more in big moments. Jones still looks incredibly hesitant. He still looks like an athletically gifted rookie. 

6 for 

If Gallady catches that first ball, Jones would be something like 6 for 8 for 100 yards with a TD  and 6 yards rushing in two drives in the first quarter.  I would murder half of lower Manhattan for that sort of production out of the QB.

Taylor shit himself at the end of the half running the 2 minute drill with horribly thrown passes and was close to tossing two INTs.    He did do a great job hitting open guys on check downs and was able to move around when the play broke down and keep his eyes down field to throw the ball.  He is a very good backup to have, a world better than last season, that is for certain.

9 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

so Davis Webb hasn't changed a bit. He may give fewer fucks than ever. Still has the nice arm. 

Not that Tyrod Taylor is the answer, but he looks well ahead of Jones at this point. 

The officials were further from midseason form than the players. They nearly made the game unwatchable, it seemed most calls through the night were wrong. 

Saquon getting tough yards was heart-warming. 

Yep... there were plenty of holds and false starts they missed.  Also Taylor seems to have more of a feel for the ball and game than Jones.  Webb reminded me of a better Dave Brown who did a lot of post throw bitching.  Hopefully this is corrected.  He had some zip to his passes and if he and the WR's are on the same page they could get some mega yardage.

7 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Golladay seems like a waste of time.  I saw the same things with Jones.  He gets restless with the heat.  Taylor seemed to be in his element when rushed.  We shall see.

7 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

If Gallady catches that first ball, Jones would be something like 6 for 8 for 100 yards with a TD  and 6 yards rushing in two drives in the first quarter.  I would murder half of lower Manhattan for that sort of production out of the QB.

Taylor shit himself at the end of the half running the 2 minute drill with horribly thrown passes and was close to tossing two INTs.    He did do a great job hitting open guys on check downs and was able to move around when the play broke down and keep his eyes down field to throw the ball.  He is a very good backup to have, a world better than last season, that is for certain.

I see what you are writing.  I think the two-minute drill could be shared with the coaching staff not sure on how much they wanted to do or show.  I think they took it as a practice opportunity and were not seriously looking to score then.  If the same shit happens second game, then we have a lot to worry about.

15 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

One nice thing to see is how bltiz heavy the defense was.

Wink really likes to being the house.

The whole cloud two down Dline front is great to see as well. 

Yeah, but I thought it was still very vanilla; they brought extra rushers, but none of that crazy fire zone stuff Wink is known for. May not even really see the real D until week 2 or 3.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:09 AM, BlueInCanada said:

God I wanted Zappe in the draft do bad.

Typical Bill move though, he's going to end up flipping the kid for 2nd one day. 

I liked him too. Never going to be a starter but can definitely be a quality backup in the league. 

1 hour ago, 기둥서방 said:

That’s not how he played in Detroit though.  

He played 1 great season and decent one. Not a proven player. He smelt like a pay day player . + he had Stafford throwing him the ball 

21 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think deep down we all knew it too. Some of us put on a brave face, but that low effort label is almost always accurate.

I always differ to you guys when it comes to players from other teams (or college for that matter).   To your point though, if a player is low-effort, NEVER bring him to your team... if he's not motivated by the game (like kids playing a pick up game), nothing will ever motivate him....