SportsWrath

Saquon on the 1-5 start

NeMesiS

Ya know, just once I'd like to see someone get pissed off instead of the same old tow the line responses:

" 'How do I feel about the loss' I'm fucking pissed, how do you think I feel? How would you feel? We played like shit. We lost. It sucks. I can't fucking believe we're 6 weeks in and we suck this bad. I don't know how to fix it, I'm not the coach. We're paid to win, and we're not. There's nothing positive to take away, fuck all that positive attitude bullshit. You know what brings on a positive attitude? Winning. That's what. Fuck this shit, I need a beer and a shower". 

9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Ya know, just once I'd like to see someone get pissed off instead of the same old tow the line responses:

" 'How do I feel about the loss' I'm fucking pissed, how do you think I feel? How would you feel? We played like shit. We lost. It sucks. I can't fucking believe we're 6 weeks in and we suck this bad. I don't know how to fix it, I'm not the coach. We're paid to win, and we're not. There's nothing positive to take away, fuck all that positive attitude bullshit. You know what brings on a positive attitude? Winning. That's what. Fuck this shit, I need a beer and a shower". 

It's that loser mentality that Judge spews every day after a loss.

"Were a good team we just need to watch the tapes and keep building, blah blah blah blah"

No Judge you're not a good team, stop acting like we are one good film review away from going 12-5.

Remember during his press conference he said something like  "I don't want athletes, or football players, I want guys who get pissed off when they are losing, I want competitors"

Well the entire team sounds like they are perfectly happy with just watching tapes and trusting the process. 

Don't think I've seen any emotion from these players or coaches about losing except for Williams whining like a bitch about being boo'd by the fans.

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

"Were a good team we just need to watch the tapes and keep building, blah blah blah blah"

No Judge you're not a good team, stop acting like we are one good film review away from going 12-5.

Remember during his press conference he said something like  "I don't want athletes, or football players, I want guys who get pissed off when they are losing, I want competitors"

Well the entire team sounds like they are perfectly happy with just watching tapes and trusting the process. 

Don't think I've seen any emotion from these players or coaches about losing except for Williams whining like a bitch about being boo'd by the fans.

Agreed. 

You don't need to have headcases and criminals on the team.   I don't think a Terrell Owens and Vontaze Burfict necessarily elevates the play of the team. 

But give me a Jesse Armstead.  Give me a Michael Strahan.  Give me a Brandon Jacobs. 

Shit, remember that game where Ahmad Bradshaw broke off a 17-yard run and then bounced up... to call out Victor Cruz on the field for whiffing on his block?  I want THAT fucking guy out there. 

We literally have zero of those on the team.  Zero. 

As a player, what are you supposed to say? It fucking sucks to be 1-5 and to lose. There's nothing you can say that's going to be good, other than owning up and accepting responsibility. In general for coaches/players, I think at best, if you're going to say something, the best you can do is just not say the wrong thing, like Joe Judge, Ben McAdoo and others do constantly on several occasions.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

As a player, what are you supposed to say? It fucking sucks to be 1-5 and to lose. There's nothing you can say that's going to be good, other than owning up and accepting responsibility. In general for coaches/players, I think at best, if you're going to say something, the best you can do is just not say the wrong thing, like Joe Judge, Ben McAdoo and others do constantly on several occasions.

I'm speaking more to the play on the field than whatever is said after the game.  I think when you're talking to the press, you sort of have to weigh your words carefully. 

I'm talking about when someone blows a coverage, misses a tackle, etc. there doesn't seem to be anyone pissed about it, including the player himself.  These guys are happy losers. 

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm speaking more to the play on the field than whatever is said after the game.  I think when you're talking to the press, you sort of have to weigh your words carefully. 

I'm talking about when someone blows a coverage, misses a tackle, etc. there doesn't seem to be anyone pissed about it, including the player himself.  These guys are happy losers. 

Got it. That's fair. Yeah, I definitely sense that among this team...versus a team coached by Sean McVeigh for instance, who seem like they have much more energy.

14 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

You're the only one that noticed... This has become the norm.  

Gold Star!

I would like to see what Saquon Barkley has to say about going 1-5 again.  Went 0-5 last year but he was hurt so maybe it bothered him less?  There is a whole lot of football left in the season fans wrote off two weeks ago.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, BronxRik said:

On 10/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, BlueInCanada said:

On 10/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, Sephiroth said:

Agreed. 

You don't need to have headcases and criminals on the team.   I don't think a Terrell Owens and Vontaze Burfict necessarily elevates the play of the team. 

But give me a Jesse Armstead.  Give me a Michael Strahan.  Give me a Brandon Jacobs. 

Shit, remember that game where Ahmad Bradshaw broke off a 17-yard run and then bounced up... to call out Victor Cruz on the field for whiffing on his block?  I want THAT fucking guy out there. 

An LT type would eat this shit up.  

On 10/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, Sephiroth said:

Agreed. 

This... watching those guys I always knew there was a great chance to win... now it is like watching a practice game seeing guys hurt.