SportsWrath

Nick Gates still in the hospital.

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Sounding the the surgery didn't go well or his leg is in worse shape then expected. 

Judge just said he fears the injury is a career ending one. 

Geez... I saw him do an interview before the season started and he sounded excited to prove last year play was not a fluke and that he can be even better than last year. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Remember when people blamed Coughlin for all the injuries lol

Coughlin drove his players to the ground... naturally the blame was at least warranted.  That's not the case with Judge and one freak injury. 

On 9/24/2021 at 3:10 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Remember when people blamed Coughlin for all the injuries lol

22 hours ago, Joe Guyden said:

Yeah it was always stupid as shit. 

It really wasn't. When you have a 1932 conditioning program where 1/3 if the team gets the exact same soft tissue injuries every year, it's not fifteen years of bad luck, it's your conditioning program.

Then when you trot out a gimpy Hakeem Nicks and JPP for those all-important 400 yards and 4 sacks/season instead of starting your high round draft picks at those positions... and they're never the same players afterwards... yeah, that's on you as the coach.

Coughlin was a great coach, but it's not a coincidence that since he's been gone we don't lead the league in players on IR each season.

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

It really wasn't. When you have a 1932 conditioning program where 1/3 if the team gets the exact same soft tissue injuries every year, it's not fifteen years of bad luck, it's your conditioning program.

Then when you trot out a gimpy Hakeem Nicks and JPP for those all-important 400 yards and 4 sacks/season instead of starting your high round draft picks at those positions... and they're never the same players afterwards... yeah, that's on you as the coach.

Coughlin was a great coach, but it's not a coincidence that since he's been gone we don't lead the league in players on IR each season.

Agree man... I remember back to the days of McVay, Perkins and Parcells... it was a travesty that we were leading the league in injuries most years off the field.

13 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Tell me more details about this conditioning program. 

18 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

This.... and this is what I've been saying all along.   Coughlin (although I can't blame him) had a drill sergeant mentality... the "Suck it up and drive on" attitude... I remember in the military they drove us to the fucking ground man... I don't remember going out to a club without having a black eye or a busted lip or a gimpy elbow or a fucked up knee...and when no injuries were visible, your entire body was aching... Fuck we had a 1st sergeant who wouldn't allows us to wear ear plugs citing "if you wear earplugs, how are you going to hear the enemy" (in which the fucking response was "this is peace time asshole... maybe should save our hearing for war time?"    

Coughin was responsible for those injuries... he was the head coach.