SportsWrath

Wayne Gallman

gmenroc

RB market being less and less valued in free agency, what was the biggest contract for a RB this offseason? Jones in Green Bay? He's making 8 million a year? 

Unless your a top 10 guy who are the real difference makers out there on the field then the league looks at everyone else almost the same at RB.

Gallman played alright but it was just because we had nothing better.

The Giants brought in what? Three RBs after Bakrley was hurt? All trying to get something better despite Gallman being on the team. 

Not a knock on Gallman but he's a change of pace back in which there are many other guys out there who can do the same thing as you teams can pick from.

15 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I'm surprised we didn't just bring him back on a 1yr $1mm deal.

Instead we pay Booker 2 yrs $6mm.

DG overpaying for backups as usual.

Could be that he told the Giants to fuck off lol 

You never know what happens behind the scenes. 

Yeah, I liked him as a backup to Barkley.  Other guys were brought in to backup Gallman cause as much as I liked Barkley/Gallman, neither strike me as a 400 touch/season guys.

Don't know.  Just seemed good enough, above average even, to be on a team somewhere, even if not us.

5 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

But to average 4+ ypc behind a shit oline...you would think he'd sign on as a backup somewhere...

I agree he has value. It's possible he received low offers (like 1yr $1mm) and refused them, perhaps thinking he should get a deal more like Booker's 2yr $6mm.

At this point, he's looking like Orleans Darkwa... Remember him? He was in his mid 20's, coming off a decent 600-700 yard fill in season behind a shit OL, decent backup/rotational back in general, but no one signed him.

I feel bad for the guy. He's better than people think.

12 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

But to average 4+ ypc behind a shit oline...you would think he'd sign on as a backup somewhere...

I think the clear implication there is, the league doesn't view the Giants OL as such 'shit'.

But really with Gallman I think there are behind the scenes issues.... he got himself in the doghouse here for reasons we don't know... he's had a couple weird on field concentration lapses....  he's too good when the ball is in his hands to not get opportunities otherwise.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Ypc does not a RB make.

I think we all thought he would get signed elsewhere but apparently the rest of the NFL doesn't think he's even worth vet minimum or he doesn't think he's worth that.

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the clear implication there is, the league doesn't view the Giants OL as such 'shit'.

But really with Gallman I think there are behind the scenes issues.... he got himself in the doghouse here for reasons we don't know... he's had a couple weird on field concentration lapses....  he's too good when the ball is in his hands to not get opportunities otherwise.

Yeah it's really weird. Dude was productive when given the chance and there's no doubt he runs hard, but somehow he found himself in the doghouse of 3 different coaching staffs.

19 hours ago, mastershake said:

I'm surprised we didn't just bring him back on a 1yr $1mm deal.

Instead we pay Booker 2 yrs $6mm.

DG overpaying for backups as usual.

Since we had all that extra money this year :whistling:

I can defend him on many things, this one however:russian-roulette2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...