SportsWrath

Do we plan for a future without Saquon?

mastershake

4 minutes ago, Herc said:

Meaning the line was garbage when we drafted him.  We have a hall of fame talent on a rookie contract completely going to waste because he has no help plus we are constantly playing from behind.  

There's no consistancy at all. They can't help Solder leaving for the year. But this year we now have Stopgaps at Gates and Flemming. I'm telling you we made a mistake not drafting a center. I still think Hernandez can be good, but again what the fuck has he had around him to help develop. Stopgap players every year.

And that's why I say bring in a fullback because the 2 guys to protect the most on this offense are the qb and rb.

This is ridiculous - ofcourse you keep him - if anything he might NOT command the Ultra Big Bucks he normally would have. The only time this discussion can come up is if Saquon had re-injured a knee that was already busted. That is not the case - it was an ankle sprain last year which he came back from pretty quickly. Plus in addition - he seems like a really mature, stable human being - and a prototype team mate. Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Knowshon all of them came back from ACL and put up stellar numbers - and Barkley is better than all of them (OK fine - he needs to do more to overtake AD) and even has an excellent work ethic. I think he comes back strong next year - hopefully (and Ive been saying this for like 5 years now) our OL can complement his explosiveness. A veteran back-up would be nice yes but you dont fucking wail that the sky is falling and cut ties with a generational talent because we couldnt give him a competent supporting cast. We did that once with OBJ already.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

We should have signed veterans in Graham Glasgow at C and Bryan Bulaga at RT. Glasgow currently has a ~$6mm cap hit, Bryan Bulaga ~$4.8mm.

For some reason, we couldn't make these contract happen, but we could sign Leonard Williams to $16mm, Fleming to $3.4mm, Pulley at $2.7mm, etc.

They have dead cap money though your not accounting for.

Both those guys are costing their teams 20+ milion this season, once signing bonus is accounted for.

I do agree though they should of let Williams and Golden walk and signed one of the vet Olineman out there.

Also keep in mind maybe no one wants to play for the Giants, we've been the gutter boy of the NFL for the last five years and apparently we don't pay players who produce just the underachievers.

28 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Both those guys are costing their teams 20+ milion this season, once signing bonus is accounted for.

I do agree though they should of let Williams and Golden walk and signed one of the vet Olineman out there.

Also keep in mind maybe no one wants to play for the Giants, we've been the gutter boy of the NFL for the last five years and apparently we don't pay players who produce just the underachievers.

On the 20mm, actually those are the current cap figures for Bulaga and Glasgow that I cited above. Even aside from that, let's say it is 20mm, even at 20mm, the giants should have been able to make it happen. We didn't need Pulley, Fleming, Meyo, and I think Williams. The money was easily there if the giants wanted to prioritize it for OL vets is my point.

"Also keep in mind maybe no one wants to play for the Giants," Very possible.

21 hours ago, Herc said:

Yes, it’s 3 wasted years now with a team that wasn’t ready to draft him.  

This.  In retrospect, SB is a great talent but all for nothing if you don't have an OLine... The Giants continue to draft shit and this is where we are.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

They didn't have to pay for those guys. They drafted a RT, they just had to move him over when Solder left so that's not their fault and Flemming was brought in as a backup who had played the spot. More than likely Peart is going to get playing soon. Those things I don't have an issue with. The Nick Gates experiment at center hasn't worked so far and it's crucial to have a solid center. They had a chance to fill that in this draft. You're going to see Biedasz move to center in Dallas very soon. We take these sorts of chances every year and every year they kill us.  

On 9/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, boohyah said:

Not sure what people here mean we were not ready to draft him. He's had a rough time of it these last 3 years but he's the best talent we've had in years so I'm not sure when we'd be ready for him.

He gets a lot of shit for poor blocking. Well he shouldn't be blocking. He needs a full back or tight end in front of him 10 - 15 snaps a game to be busting into that line ahead of him since the fucking line continues to play musical chairs. And the guy is excellent out of the backfield. The team should be based around him period. You keep this kid as long as he has wheels.

This...

On 9/22/2020 at 2:11 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

This is ridiculous - ofcourse you keep him - if anything he might NOT command the Ultra Big Bucks he normally would have. The only time this discussion can come up is if Saquon had re-injured a knee that was already busted. That is not the case - it was an ankle sprain last year which he came back from pretty quickly. Plus in addition - he seems like a really mature, stable human being - and a prototype team mate. Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Knowshon all of them came back from ACL and put up stellar numbers - and Barkley is better than all of them (OK fine - he needs to do more to overtake AD) and even has an excellent work ethic. I think he comes back strong next year - hopefully (and Ive been saying this for like 5 years now) our OL can complement his explosiveness. A veteran back-up would be nice yes but you dont fucking wail that the sky is falling and cut ties with a generational talent because we couldnt give him a competent supporting cast. We did that once with OBJ already.

This Squared... I still feel the OBJ loss.

He is finished.

Saquon "Boobie Miles" Barkley

An acl tear...will most definitely have a meniscus tear too...and a patella dislocation as well.

A death sentence for any type of playwr that needs to cut and fake niggaz out. He will never be able to donthat again. If they ever have fans in the stands at gs...maube he cannsell popcorn cause he sure as hell can no longer play professional football....hell, he wont be able to play a pick up game of touch on thanksgiving with middle aged white grandfather's. Hed get embarrassed

What a dumb Fucking pick. Assholes