Jump to content
SportsWrath

Giants pro-bowlers


Herc
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Storm said:

Yes but let’s fire Shurmur and start all over!

Problem with Shurmur or his time coaching here is he's kinda caught between rebuilds.

This team should of cleared house the moment that Coughlin was shown the door (JR should of been shown the door as well)

But instead they kept trying to win.

Then they bring in Getty and Shurmur and they convince Mara "We can win games while turning over 85% of the roster and the other 15% the next year"

When they should of just committed to a full rebuild then, they kept guys like Jenkins/Eli while trying to rid dead weight like Harrison/Vernon/etc.

Shurmur was caught in a time when the team never fully went full rebuild mode, which it's kind of heading into next year, which is why he's expendable. No one of this roster is "his player" or a scheme fit, with a lot of the talent being Gettys picks and going into a year when Getty has a lot of room to make moves.

His offensive game philosophy is nothing that can be adapted to by any competent OC in the NFL. You could give Shula the play calling duties and nothing would change on the field.

However you bring in a proper HC? And maybe something happens to this team.

He's going to be known and fired as the coach who couldn't win games, with a roster void of starting talent, that hasnt been able to coach or develop any talent they have tried thus far.

He isn't the answer I'm fully convinced of it, but he isnt the sole reason why we are losing games.

He should be an OC in the NFL, not a HC.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Problem with Shurmur or his time coaching here is he's kinda caught between rebuilds.

This team should of cleared house the moment that Coughlin was shown the door (JR should of been shown the door as well)

But instead they kept trying to win.

Then they bring in Getty and Shurmur and they convince Mara "We can win games while turning over 85% of the roster and the other 15% the next year"

When they should of just committed to a full rebuild then, they kept guys like Jenkins/Eli while trying to rid dead weight like Harrison/Vernon/etc.

Shurmur was caught in a time when the team never fully went full rebuild mode, which it's kind of heading into next year, which is why he's expendable. No one of this roster is "his player" or a scheme fit, with a lot of the talent being Gettys picks and going into a year when Getty has a lot of room to make moves.

His offensive game philosophy is nothing that can be adapted to by any competent OC in the NFL. You could give Shula the play calling duties and nothing would change on the field.

However you bring in a proper HC? And maybe something happens to this team.

He's going to be known and fired as the coach who couldn't win games, with a roster void of starting talent, that hasnt been able to coach or develop any talent they have tried thus far.

He isn't the answer I'm fully convinced of it, but he isnt the sole reason why we are losing games.

He should be an OC in the NFL, not a HC.

 

 

This is true. However, the problem is that Shurmur (at least publicly) said that he'd change his scheme to fit his players. If anything he's done the exact opposite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Storm said:

The other glaring problem I have with that assessment is the quarterback. The team spent the 6th overall pick on Daniel Jones. No coach wants to rebuild with another regimes quarterback.

This is my fear - Danny might end up in a Josh Rosen type scenario

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...