SportsWrath

Olivier Vernon...

Nas

"You are what your record says you are." Bill Parcells

Yep... and I even recall when the reporters told him that his Jets lost by 3 points or less x number of times and he said that's how most games are decided. However what I'm trying to point out is we're not far off from turning this around... Tonight's game is a must win.

"You are what your record says you are." Bill Parcells

I have three free months of Sirius XM so I've been listening to the NFL channel. Pat Kirwin seems to be surprisingly honest with the state of the league.

The other day, the topic is "what's wrong with the Eagles" and he says, "Some people say 'Super Bowl Hangover' but I'm not sure you can really measure that so I don't put stock into it. But what you can measure is their games last year and what made them get into the playoffs or the Super Bowl. With most teams, there's 2, 3, 5 games where they had a pivotal call go their way, or they stayed mostly injury free the entire year. That's the state of the modern NFL; the referees and injuries."

Dude fucking nailed it.

I have three free months of Sirius XM so I've been listening to the NFL channel. Pat Kirwin seems to be surprisingly honest with the state of the league.

The other day, the topic is "what's wrong with the Eagles" and he says, "Some people say 'Super Bowl Hangover' but I'm not sure you can really measure that so I don't put stock into it. But what you can measure is their games last year and what made them get into the playoffs or the Super Bowl. With most teams, there's 2, 3, 5 games where they had a pivotal call go their way, or they stayed mostly injury free the entire year. That's the state of the modern NFL; the referees and injuries."

Dude fucking nailed it.

That wasn't applicable in our last 2 SBs... The "Catch" (Tyree & Manningham) was what worked for us..

Dude fucking nailed it.

So pretty much the NFL since it's inception or any other spots league.

weird how that works, stay healthy and don't have the refs fuck you over.

When the giants signed vernon, they had no idea he would get hurt or did he. Everytime i see someone complaining about this i shake my head.

Guy plays hard and gets pressure. Overpaid sure. But thats market value at the time. Just like signing solder, we needed help, he was thw best available, so we got him.

For the money, he has not been a difference making player. Bad signing.

So pretty much the NFL since it's inception or any other spots league.

weird how that works, stay healthy and don't have the refs fuck you over.

That's not the NFL since it's inception, but it is the NFL since free agency more or less. You can't draft and develop quality backups because they'll just leave to be a starter somewhere ekse.

That's not the NFL since it's inception, but it is the NFL since free agency more or less. You can't draft and develop quality backups because they'll just leave to be a starter somewhere ekse.

But isnt that a good thing?

We no longer have teams that just dominate an entire generation because they cant harvest players?

Personally I'd rather have more parity than less.

I personally liked it when team building and skill determined games, not injuries and officials, but I understand why someone would like it the other way. It's kind of nice that a team can turn it around in two years but it seems like it means a lot less. For all the talk of the Patriots being the greatest team of all time and whatnot I don't think they'd have even stood a chance against the Buddy Ryan Eagles.

I think you need to re-read what he said. To your point, nobody is saying he sits out too many plays when hes active

I'm following along just fine, I'm in agreement. I see a lot of complaining about a player who has missed a few games. Get a rotation going, keep Vernon fresh to play four quarters effectively...less downtime with injuries.