SportsWrath

Giants/Browns preseason game 2

jerseygiantfan

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20423064/new-york-giants-wide-receiver-odell-beckham-miss-season-opener-vs-dallas-cowboys-due-ankle-injury

Jordan RaananDan Graziano

Odell Beckham Jr.'s ankle injury could potentially keep New York Giants wide receiver out of the season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, sources told ESPN's Jordan Raanan and Dan Graziano.

The Giants open their season in less than three weeks on the road Sept. 10 against the Cowboys.

It's "not out of the question he could miss a week or two of the regular season," according to one source.

Beckham sprained his ankle Monday night against the Cleveland Browns. An X-ray during the game was negative. He underwent an MRI on Tuesday that confirmed a sprained ankle.

Despite jogging into the locker room and expressing optimism after the game, Beckham felt "very sore" on Tuesday, according to another source. He's likely to miss the Giants' final two preseason games.

Coach Ben McAdoo said Beckham had an ankle injury and the team would see how he responds to treatment.

I'm so sick of obj

Giants should have traded him for 2 1sts a 2nd and a few late rounders

Don't pay this bitch ass

you wont be saying this when he " single handedly " wins us 5 or 6 games this season with some brilliance in the 4th Q

:busted_cop:

Lol Nas... I listen to a lot of ESPN radio. This thought process is running rampant among a lot of listeners and it's all the same thing. "Oh... he drops so many passes" like he's Tim Carter or some shit.

I'll state this to you the same way I state this to everyone else. Beckham can WANT whatever and all he WANTS. That doesn't mean Reese is going to destroy the roster or the salary cap. He's gonna get the $18-19M a year that he deserves for being the only weapon on offense we've legitimately had for Eli since 2014 and he's gonna deal with it. I give Reese more shit than anyone on this site, but I will never act like the guy doesn't know what he's doing with the cap.

And you nor I have no idea what Beckham will be 5 years from now. He'll barely be 29.

Nicks' career is an aberration. Guys that good don't fall off that fast. His foot was totally botched by some combination of the doctors, team and himself. Doesn't happen too often.

Beckham is why the draft picks you want are so valued. That pick was a game 7 grand slam

It's true just speculation

But we/Eli tend to burn our WRs out pretty quickly..

Maybe OBJ has 3 more great years at most imo..

Once he gets hurt he's done

Is that the case or was Eli/our offensive scheme making them look better than they actually were? Nicks, Steve Smith, Manningham?

The fact is that if Beckham keeps pace he's gonna break the Giants' all-time TD record midway through the 2018 season. The man deserves to get his money and we'd be foolish not to give it to him.

I'll state this to you the same way I state this to everyone else. Beckham can WANT whatever and all he WANTS. That doesn't mean Reese is going to destroy the roster or the salary cap. He's gonna get the $18-19M a year that he deserves for being the only weapon on offense we've legitimately had for Eli since 2014 and he's gonna deal with it. I give Reese more shit than anyone on this site, but I will never act like the guy doesn't know what he's doing with the cap.

And you nor I have no idea what Beckham will be 5 years from now. He'll barely be 29.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-reportedly-considering-100-million-insurance-policy-against-injury/

A one-season insurance policy topping $100 million would likely cost Beckham more than $600,000 depending on the details of coverage, the sources said. One of the most marketable and popular players in the NFL, Beckham's next deal could reach a total value north of $100 million. If that materializes, it would be the first time in league history that a wideout contract has touched the $100 million mark.

I think he plans on making more than $18-19 million a year.